“Comfy Bed, Quiet Room, Helpful Staff...Enjoyed My Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Dallas/Fort Worth
“Comfy Bed, Quiet Room, Helpful Staff...Enjoyed My Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed at this location on a recent trip to Yosemite the night before heading to the park. Check-in was a breeze. The Front Desk staff was very helpful, proficient, and polite. The room was quiet and comfortable and there were plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from. (I walked to one not too far way and got a very good meal)

I checked out prior to 6am, and they had not started serving breakfast at that time. However, the staff did round up a very much needed cup of coffee for me that was greatly appreciated.

The room was a little pricey. I suppose because of the proximity to Yosemite. But all, it all I enjoyed my stay and I would definitely return to this Courtyard by Marriott for another stay in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. I’ll be sure to share your positive comments with our Front Desk staff and I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Yosemite is a beautiful park to visit and we hope to see you on your next trip. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you’re in Fresno!

Julee May

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nothing to complain about except the eating options
You land in a Starbuck-like restaurant which serves good food but overall we much prefer a real in house restaurant.
So much that in the morning we skipped breakfast to enjoy it in a proper restaurant.
Apart from this nothing to complain about - the grade reflects this despite an enjoyable lobby, room and pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard Fresno. We value all feedback from our guests whether it is complimentary or recommendations for improvement.

I am sorry you did not enjoy the Bistro atmosphere or offering. I am happy you were able to enjoy the lobby and pool area. If you are in our area again I do hope we have the pleasure to serve you once more.

Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Mark this hotel down one star since it does not have complementary breakfast. Most others around this price range usually do have. Instead there is a little Bistro in the lobby area for meals purchase.

As for finding hotel, it is on the west side of freeway 41, a little side street just off of Shaw ave, there is a Heros comic store just at the outside of this side road, can be easily missed the first time. The location of the side street is sandwiched between busy freeway 41 and Blackstone ave and actually is quite secluded since no through traffic there and therefore the stay is very quiet.

Nearby major intersection of Blackstone ave and Shaw ave provided easy access to all sorts of store, restaurants, malls, gas etc so quite ideal location.

Front desk is professional and courteous. On this visit, however, housekeeping did what is normally required but totally ignored all the bathroom leftover emptied shampoo/conditioner bottles that were left on the bathtub edge.

Wifi is very good. There is no safe or microwave in the room. A little refrigerator is provided. Bed is comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to receive responses that provides us with information to better serve our guests. I have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping Manager so he can address the issue you described.

Please accept my apologies for not exceeding your expectations. We know you have many options when travelling and do hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

1. I'm traveling for work so I call to say my flight will be coming in late so please hold my reserved room. I get in after 10 California but 12 midnight for me. I'm so tired. They gave my reserved room away and I get what's left......handicapped. the young lady says she's full
Well if I came in off the street asking for a room and u said that you only had handicapped left , then no big deal......BUT I RESERVED THIS ROOM TWO WEEKS AGO.
I am very disappointed in Marriott.

2. It has this old air conditioner that's so loud it was hard to sleep.

3. The elevator was so hot.
4. The section of my room by the bathroom smelled bad

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno for your recent stay. We realize that you have many options in Fresno and truly appreciate your business. Further, we value the time you took to share your comments with us. We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment with your room selection, upkeep and air conditioning.

Please accept our most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Please know that your experience was the exception and not what we strive to deliver.

Again thanks for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations. We hope you’ll again give us the privilege to accommodate you on your next visit to Fresno.
Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed there on our way back from Yosemite. This is a very modern Courtyard Hotel. There is a Bistro which serves a decent choice of meals/breakfast. We had a spacious and comfortable room (including a nice bathroom). Everything was clean and the staff very helpful. There is a very nice and large swimming pool in the courtyard (nice for kids too).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Courtyard Fresno. I will be sure to share your comments about our welcoming staff and clean facilities with our team. Our management strives to ensure the comfort of our guests and places great value on your feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed the outdoor area, especially the pool.

Thanks agian, we appreciate your business and hope you’ll give us the privilege to accommodate you on your next visit to Fresno!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is located close to freeway, but away from the road so you can't hear the noise from the streets. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. We liked shampoo, conditioner, lotion bottles and the soap bars instead of that generic all-in-one that is now provided by many hotels. Close to the Madera vine country, loved vine tasting there! The reasons I am putting 4 stars (not five) are 1) loud air conditioner, and 2) the breakfast price (over $20 p/p) seems high; we had decent breakfasts in the local restaurants for lower price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our management strives to ensure the comfort of our guests and places great value on your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that we didn’t meet and exceed all of your expectations and will pass your feedback on the air conditioning units to our engineering staff.

Thanks again for your comments, we welcome any additional feedback on how we may further improve. We appreciate your business and hope you’ll give us the privilege to accommodate you on your next visit to Fresno!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last night May 16th and woke up the next morning with bed bug bites all over my neck and arms. Disgusting. I proceeded to tell the clerk while checking out and not even an apology. The only response is we will check it out. Which I'm 100% positive the kid will ignore my compliant. The room number was 346 and I can promise you I will never stay here again and will spread the word all over social networking and to my friends and family and coworkers in Fresno letting them know not to stay at this disgusting hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate and are thankful for the concern and awareness of our travelers which would enable us to eliminate a problem immediately should it arise. First and foremost it should be noted that this isolated incident has been taken very seriously by the staff and management of the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, and our guest’s concern and experience is very important to us. Our hotel hygiene and cleanliness is our top priority. As a result we follow Marriott’s very strict standards of cleanliness that either meet or exceed public health department regulations, including pest control.

In this instance the room was immediately taken off-line and inspected by an outside pest control expert who documented they did not find any pest issues with the room. It was not until management was 100% certain that the room was suitable for occupancy that it was returned to inventory. As an experienced and conscientious hospitality professional this incident is both frustrating and alarming, as we host thousands of guests each year, consistently providing exemplary service and comfort.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced and we will continue to immediately act on even the slightest concern of any of our guests in this serious matter. We take every step including staff training and implementing professional preventative programs to insure our guests’ comfort.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Julee May

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fresno? Share your experiences!