“disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Houston, Texas
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

1. I'm traveling for work so I call to say my flight will be coming in late so please hold my reserved room. I get in after 10 California but 12 midnight for me. I'm so tired. They gave my reserved room away and I get what's left......handicapped. the young lady says she's full
Well if I came in off the street asking for a room and u said that you only had handicapped left , then no big deal......BUT I RESERVED THIS ROOM TWO WEEKS AGO.
I am very disappointed in Marriott.

2. It has this old air conditioner that's so loud it was hard to sleep.

3. The elevator was so hot.
4. The section of my room by the bathroom smelled bad

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno for your recent stay. We realize that you have many options in Fresno and truly appreciate your business. Further, we value the time you took to share your comments with us. We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment with your room selection, upkeep and air conditioning.

Please accept our most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Please know that your experience was the exception and not what we strive to deliver.

Again thanks for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations. We hope you’ll again give us the privilege to accommodate you on your next visit to Fresno.

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed there on our way back from Yosemite. This is a very modern Courtyard Hotel. There is a Bistro which serves a decent choice of meals/breakfast. We had a spacious and comfortable room (including a nice bathroom). Everything was clean and the staff very helpful. There is a very nice and large swimming pool in the courtyard (nice for kids too).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Courtyard Fresno. I will be sure to share your comments about our welcoming staff and clean facilities with our team. Our management strives to ensure the comfort of our guests and places great value on your feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed the outdoor area, especially the pool.

Thanks agian, we appreciate your business and hope you’ll give us the privilege to accommodate you on your next visit to Fresno!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is located close to freeway, but away from the road so you can't hear the noise from the streets. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. We liked shampoo, conditioner, lotion bottles and the soap bars instead of that generic all-in-one that is now provided by many hotels. Close to the Madera vine country, loved vine tasting there! The reasons I am putting 4 stars (not five) are 1) loud air conditioner, and 2) the breakfast price (over $20 p/p) seems high; we had decent breakfasts in the local restaurants for lower price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our management strives to ensure the comfort of our guests and places great value on your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that we didn’t meet and exceed all of your expectations and will pass your feedback on the air conditioning units to our engineering staff.

Thanks again for your comments, we welcome any additional feedback on how we may further improve. We appreciate your business and hope you’ll give us the privilege to accommodate you on your next visit to Fresno!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last night May 16th and woke up the next morning with bed bug bites all over my neck and arms. Disgusting. I proceeded to tell the clerk while checking out and not even an apology. The only response is we will check it out. Which I'm 100% positive the kid will ignore my compliant. The room number was 346 and I can promise you I will never stay here again and will spread the word all over social networking and to my friends and family and coworkers in Fresno letting them know not to stay at this disgusting hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate and are thankful for the concern and awareness of our travelers which would enable us to eliminate a problem immediately should it arise. First and foremost it should be noted that this isolated incident has been taken very seriously by the staff and management of the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, and our guest’s concern and experience is very important to us. Our hotel hygiene and cleanliness is our top priority. As a result we follow Marriott’s very strict standards of cleanliness that either meet or exceed public health department regulations, including pest control.

In this instance the room was immediately taken off-line and inspected by an outside pest control expert who documented they did not find any pest issues with the room. It was not until management was 100% certain that the room was suitable for occupancy that it was returned to inventory. As an experienced and conscientious hospitality professional this incident is both frustrating and alarming, as we host thousands of guests each year, consistently providing exemplary service and comfort.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced and we will continue to immediately act on even the slightest concern of any of our guests in this serious matter. We take every step including staff training and implementing professional preventative programs to insure our guests’ comfort.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The staff is very friendly. All the amenities of a Courtyard are present. Free WI FI, lobby computers, Starbucks coffee and complimentary paper in the morning. This location has been recently upgraded with new paint and carpet and great beds. I get to Fresno several times a year and have found this to be the best value in town.

Room Tip: Top floor overlooking the pool was a quiet location.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your experience while staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We have respect for every guest’s experience and are happy to hear you enjoyed all the amenities at the hotel. The hotel was recently renovated and we at the property agree the new look is "great".

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you on your next trip to the Fresno area!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

There aren't a lot of places to stay in Fresno. Came here on business. Even though the address is on Shaw, it is a bit hard to find and actually is tucked way behind Shaw street. But once you find the place the place is not too bad.

Check in was super easy. The room is clean...looks like it was redone since it has a fresh look to the place. Free wi-fi internet. the hotel is close to a nice shopping area with nice stores and restaurants.

Staff was super nice. I had forgotten to pack my phone charger and realized it was missing when I got home. I called them immediately and they said they have it and I received it next day via Fedex.

I would have wished the housekeeping staff honored my wish to not be disturb. I placed the "do not disturb" sign right outside the door and the housekeeping staff still knocked and asked if anyone was in the room.

But other than that, the place is great and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience while staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We did just complete a rooms renovation and I agree the rooms do have a "fresh look."

Your compliments are most appreciated and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.

All the best,

Lititz, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Registering at the front desk is easy, and the staff is friendly and competent. There is good Wi-Fi
all around the hotel and in the rooms. Having a small snack bar in the lobby is a plus, and the room itself was very clean, functional, without any surprises.

I stayed for one night, and didn't use, or probably even see, all that the hotel has to offer. the price was good, and this is a very good choice for business or family stays. My room had a large flatscreen TV, coffee maker, etc. Everything was copacetic.

The location can make the hotel hard to find if you are unfamiliar with the area, but it is very close to a large shopping area with various restaurants, Starbucks, etc., etc.

In short--if you are in Fresno--go for it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. Your review is much appreciated and I hope you were able to "Eat, Drink and Connect" in our Bistro. Many thanks for your kind comments regarding the Front Desk.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next trip to Fresno.

Julee May

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fresno? Share your experiences!