“Typical Marriott with Strong Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Typical Marriott with Strong Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was so excited for an anniversary getaway with my husband that I got cross-eyed while booking our hotels. I didn't know this until we walked into the Marriott and heard "I don't show you as checking in till tomorrow." Oops, I booked the wrong night.
The staff got us checked in and advised me on exactly what to say to the online booking site I'd used to get a refund I thought I'd lost the opportunity to make in time. They even spoke with the site to confirm everything was fine.
Unfortunately we got a room on the second floor facing the freeway. So we had the freeway noise and footsteps above. The floors are designed to move, so when my husband walked around the room, I felt the floor move and wondered if the folks on the first floor heard the same clomping around we were hearing on the floor above us.
The mattress was foam and not too hot, so we appreciated not getting bounced around on a soft, spring mattress.
Fast internet connection.
Skipped breakfast to eat our a favorite spot nearby. Took a peak in the breakfast room - it does look small and not so much variety.
We are grateful for being able to get a room a night early and for the front staffs' help in getting a refund for the incorrect night I'd booked.

Room Tip: If you desire a quiet room, ask for top floor not facing highway (face west, not east)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Malibu, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were disappointed that breakfast wasn't included. We had a choice of hotels that did offer breakfast, and mistakenly didn't check the fine print of the Courtyard before booking. In this day and time, when I pay more than $100 for a room, I want breakfast included. The room we were initially given reeked of smoke, but they did move us without issue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank hanoibelle
San Carlos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed 1 night for work. Check-in was friendly and quick (though I had booked a King and only got a double queen), lobby area very appealing. Modern decor, nice little bar (also open for breakfast with Starbucks coffees) at fair prices.
Outside of the lobby area towards the rooms it's got a more worn feel, older carpets, rooms only superficially updated. Mine was facing the highways so it was kind of loud, the windows didn't; fully cancel out the traffic. The bed was a little on the soft side, and the carpet didn't look that clean, but it had everything you needed and was a good size,
I wouldn't necessarily be back for the rooms, but very much liked the convenient breakfast bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the Highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed one night for business and found the hotel to be much improved from my last visit in 2010. This time the experience was much more in line with what you would expect at a Courtyard.

Lobby area has been updated and the Bistro restaurant is a welcome addition.
The room was nice and clean and had a great view overlooking the pool.
The workout facilities were great - a nice walk on the treadmill was a good way to wind down after a day of travel.

Only minus points:
Hotel is set back very far from the street - hard to find and does not allow for easy "in and out".
No safe in room for storing laptop or iPad.

Otherwise, I would say that this hotel is very good. Staff were all super friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side that is away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Many thanks for taking time to review you recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Fresno. What a pleasure it was to learn of your much improved experience with us. We are fortunate to have a caring team who genuinely enjoy what they do.

We look forward to hosting you again on a future trip to Fresno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is just a lovely hotel with great shopping malls nearby. the only negative was that it was the only hotel during our stay across california that did not offer free breakfast as part of the room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Hello ShutTheFrontDoor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We usually only get to hear from the guests who for one reason or another did not enjoy their stay or surroundings. If you ever return to Fresno I hope we get to see you as our guest again.

PS: I too enjoy the shopping!
Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Check in was an easy process, but despite the fact I am a Marriott rewards member for many years, there was no acknowledgement of my membership. Every other Marriott I've stayed in acknowledges my elite status and gives me a perk. I asked if there were any breakfast perks for members and received a curt "NO". The mattresses were absolutely mushy and after two nights hurt my back. Coffee was always out in the lobby. The maid opened my door at 8:30 am on a Sunday morning waking me up. She didn't even knock first. They also didn't refresh my coffee service from the day before.

The pipe connected to my shower head was very loose and I couldn't move the shower head without the whole pipe moving. Shoddy workmanship obviously.

The staff in the breakfast area were great though and what I ordered was made very well. They also gave me a cup of coffee they would normally charge for when I told them the coffee in the lobby was out. They were also very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet with no noise from up above. Wireless Internet connection in the room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Fresno Courtyard by Marriott. Please accept my most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Please know that your experience was the exception and not what we strive to deliver. I will review your comments with my Leadership Team.

Again thank you for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations.

All the very best,
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Nice staff with good breakfast options. Lobby area is very nice with a lot of business friendly features. Nice place for business travelers. Easwy access to route 41.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the highway. Pool area is nice as well.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We are happy you were able eat, drink and connect in our newly renovated lobby and Bistro. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.