“Much Improved” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Hartford, Connecticut
“Much Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed one night for business and found the hotel to be much improved from my last visit in 2010. This time the experience was much more in line with what you would expect at a Courtyard.

Lobby area has been updated and the Bistro restaurant is a welcome addition.
The room was nice and clean and had a great view overlooking the pool.
The workout facilities were great - a nice walk on the treadmill was a good way to wind down after a day of travel.

Only minus points:
Hotel is set back very far from the street - hard to find and does not allow for easy "in and out".
No safe in room for storing laptop or iPad.

Otherwise, I would say that this hotel is very good. Staff were all super friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side that is away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Many thanks for taking time to review you recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Fresno. What a pleasure it was to learn of your much improved experience with us. We are fortunate to have a caring team who genuinely enjoy what they do.

We look forward to hosting you again on a future trip to Fresno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is just a lovely hotel with great shopping malls nearby. the only negative was that it was the only hotel during our stay across california that did not offer free breakfast as part of the room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Hello ShutTheFrontDoor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We usually only get to hear from the guests who for one reason or another did not enjoy their stay or surroundings. If you ever return to Fresno I hope we get to see you as our guest again.

PS: I too enjoy the shopping!
Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Check in was an easy process, but despite the fact I am a Marriott rewards member for many years, there was no acknowledgement of my membership. Every other Marriott I've stayed in acknowledges my elite status and gives me a perk. I asked if there were any breakfast perks for members and received a curt "NO". The mattresses were absolutely mushy and after two nights hurt my back. Coffee was always out in the lobby. The maid opened my door at 8:30 am on a Sunday morning waking me up. She didn't even knock first. They also didn't refresh my coffee service from the day before.

The pipe connected to my shower head was very loose and I couldn't move the shower head without the whole pipe moving. Shoddy workmanship obviously.

The staff in the breakfast area were great though and what I ordered was made very well. They also gave me a cup of coffee they would normally charge for when I told them the coffee in the lobby was out. They were also very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet with no noise from up above. Wireless Internet connection in the room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Fresno Courtyard by Marriott. Please accept my most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Please know that your experience was the exception and not what we strive to deliver. I will review your comments with my Leadership Team.

Again thank you for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Nice staff with good breakfast options. Lobby area is very nice with a lot of business friendly features. Nice place for business travelers. Easwy access to route 41.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the highway. Pool area is nice as well.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We are happy you were able eat, drink and connect in our newly renovated lobby and Bistro. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Standard Marriott--you know what you are getting. Very clean, comfy bed, quiet location. Newly remodeled lobby with restaurant which was nice but also located near lots of other restaurants. Friendly staff. Would definately return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We are happy you were able to have a restful nights sleep and we able to enjoy our newly renovated lobby area, including our Bistro. We greatly appreciate your business and loyalty. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.
Thousand Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

This property is not as nice as many of Marriott's other Courtyards. It was clean but nothing special. There were many little lights on various pieces of equipment in the room that flashed (e.g. smoke detector) or glowed throughout the night. The heater was noisy, the toilet ran constantly and any activity in the hallway was audible in the room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and insight. Please accept my most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Your comments have been reviewed with our Engineering Team and we believe the plumbing and heating issues have been corrected.

We appreciate you taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Bozeman, MT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I've stayed at this Hotel brand a few times, but this was very disappointing. I should say that all of the staff I interacted with were polite and professional. I expect details to be attended to when one is paying 134 a night - in Fresno.

The TV guide in the room (it was the 3rd of January when I stayed) was for the prior month
The paper pad was rumpled, as if it had been there for months
In the morning, I just wanted a coffee to go. The to-go set up was not obvious, and when I asked the 'gentleman' at the bar for a coffee, he waved me to the to-go bar... there was only non-dairy creamer there. The milk containers at the regular bar were empty and with a smirk, he agreed to let me pay for a Starbucks latte so I could have real milk. For 134 a night!?

I'll be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn next time. I can find it from the street. If I had not envisioned it on Google maps, I would have never known to turn down a street and look 1/4 mile ahead... when the street I turned from was the address.. Come on Marriott (!) spend some money to keep your customers from circling in that hellhole! We are already in Fresno, how much more do you want to punish us!?

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marirott Fresno. Please accept my most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Please know that your experience was the exception and not what we strive to deliver. I appreciate you taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations.

All the very best,

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fresno? Share your experiences!