“Clean and accessible” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Turlock, California
“Clean and accessible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent one night here. We were looking for something close to the highway leading to King's Canyon National Park. Overall it was clean and an average value for the money. My only complaint would be that the walls seemed rather thin as we could hear a lot of activity from outside the room and possibly from the floor above. The continental breakfast was sparse but it's always nice to get a little something to start the day.

Room Tip: Don't get a room too close to an exterior door as they make a rather load noise when closing shu...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights while visiting Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia Natl Parks. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport as well as highways to the parks. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The WIFI was fast. The decor is a little dated but everything is clean and in good repair. The refrigerator and microwave were a nice bonus. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast is basic, but not being breakfast people, that wasn't a problem. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

This motel was quite close and convenient to the Fresno Airport. Staff was friendly. Morning pick up for the airport was with a contracted taxi service. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. Met my expectations.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Fair Oaks, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

I wanted to write a review on this hotel due to the best customer service we had here. Marty is one of the front desk employees and he is GREAT! I have never met someone with his customer service skills, and excellent personality. He goes out of his way to help any customer, and always has a smile on his face. I highly recommend this hotel and I hope that Marty will be there to help you. Thank you for making this hotel a pleasure to stay at.
-Krystina & Nestor (From Sacramento)

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

This motel was a very good stay during our trip from Seqouia national park to Yosemite national park.

We got checked in by a nice young man and we even got to pick a room upstairs or downstairs.

The room was spacious, had a silent fridge and a very comfy bed.
The wifi didn't work at first, but the guy from the office fixed it for us in a few minutes.

The bathroom was nicely clean and the shower was really relaxing! Loved the massage shower heads.

The breakfast was good, there was a choice in different bread rolls, fresh waffles and cereal.

All in all, great stay for a night!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Location:
For people coming to the airport, this is a very convenient location. For others coming to visit Fresno, this hotel is a around 5 miles away from the city center. But it can also be a pro because it's very quiet.
Room:
Room is decent sized with microwave, fridge, stand in shower and window ac. The fridge unit is very loud and I could hear the humm all through the night. Maybe it's just the unit that was in my room. The AC was not turned on and the temperature outside was 108 degress. So it was pretty warm inside and it took a while for the room to cool down. Room smelled of old carpet and the air did not feel very nice. But it's a typcial experience for me with older hotels, so I wasn't too turned off by it. Room was clean, but there was a half inch round hole in my bedsheet, which looked to me like made from a cigarrette burn. Mine was a non smoking room.. hmmm.
From other reviews I had the impression that it was a good breakfast. But i was disappointed. It's served until 9:30, so I turned up at 8:45 AM. They had run out of bread, which I have never experienced before. They had a waffle maker, but only 1. So guests had to wait long in line to get their waffle. They did not set out the syrup, had to ask for it. No eggs. Had juice, some bagels and english muffins.
Wifi is good, much better speed and consistency than many other hotels I've stayed in.
Conclusion:
I would stay here again but with much lower expectations that I had earlier. For 70$ a night, it was reasonable and with free breakfast, microwave and fridge in room, it is satisfactory.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Booked this hotel through Hotwire for the night. Not even 5 minutes from the airport so convenience to airport superb! Very convenient for our flight out the next morning. We had rental car we returned morning of our flight which went extremely smoothly but they also provide shuttle service. There is also another Picadilly right next door but Hot Wire put us in this one, Breakfast was make your own waffles, apples, various pastries, english muffins, and bagels along with dry cereal selection. Was nice that breakfast went until 9:30. This was on a Saturday though. Very nice outdoor pool and surrounding area. Pool could have been a little cleaner but still very nice and enjoyable on a VERY HOT evening in Fresno. Was somewhat disappointed that we got a room with 2 double beds rather than a queen or king, but they were sold out and had nothing else to offer, and it was my fault that I didn't read fine print of Hot Wire confirmation to call ahead for specific room requests. Was a nice moderate size room that included microwave, coffee pot, and frig. Each room has window air conditioner and air conditioner was not turned on so room was hot and had to crank up air conditioner but cooled down pretty quickly. Had air conditioner running all night due to HOT Fresno weather (107) and it was pretty loud, but didn't affect our sleep. Beds were comfortable, room was clean, and really liked large walk-in shower with two seats and dual shower heads and great water pressure. The hotel does not have an elevator and so if you have lots of luggage as we did, getting up to second floor was somewhat of an effort, so you might request a first floor if you are in that situation. Hotel was quiet. Restaurant right across the street that I have heard was very good but we did not eat there as we were so tired from traveling and ate snacks in the room. I would not hesitate to book there again if we are back in the area.

Room Tip: Request first floor if you have a lot of luggage or can't handle stairs as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Piccadilly Inn Express? Share your experiences!