“Overnight stay before morning flight” 4 of 5 stars

Piccadilly Inn Express
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5113 East McKinley Avenue, Fresno, CA 93727   |
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Topeka, Kansas
“Overnight stay before morning flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Booked this hotel through Hotwire for the night. Not even 5 minutes from the airport so convenience to airport superb! Very convenient for our flight out the next morning. We had rental car we returned morning of our flight which went extremely smoothly but they also provide shuttle service. There is also another Picadilly right next door but Hot Wire put us in this one, Breakfast was make your own waffles, apples, various pastries, english muffins, and bagels along with dry cereal selection. Was nice that breakfast went until 9:30. This was on a Saturday though. Very nice outdoor pool and surrounding area. Pool could have been a little cleaner but still very nice and enjoyable on a VERY HOT evening in Fresno. Was somewhat disappointed that we got a room with 2 double beds rather than a queen or king, but they were sold out and had nothing else to offer, and it was my fault that I didn't read fine print of Hot Wire confirmation to call ahead for specific room requests. Was a nice moderate size room that included microwave, coffee pot, and frig. Each room has window air conditioner and air conditioner was not turned on so room was hot and had to crank up air conditioner but cooled down pretty quickly. Had air conditioner running all night due to HOT Fresno weather (107) and it was pretty loud, but didn't affect our sleep. Beds were comfortable, room was clean, and really liked large walk-in shower with two seats and dual shower heads and great water pressure. The hotel does not have an elevator and so if you have lots of luggage as we did, getting up to second floor was somewhat of an effort, so you might request a first floor if you are in that situation. Hotel was quiet. Restaurant right across the street that I have heard was very good but we did not eat there as we were so tired from traveling and ate snacks in the room. I would not hesitate to book there again if we are back in the area.

Room Tip: Request first floor if you have a lot of luggage or can't handle stairs as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I booked this room thinking it was the Piccadilly on Shaw Rd. (There are at least 3 Picadilly's in Fresno) I was a little nervous, because I was told it wasn't in the nicest neighborhood. I was pleasantly surprised with my stay. The lady at the front desk was so nice! I told her I might have to take a taxi later, and she told me to let her know and they would call the guy they use. They serve a continental breakfast in the mornings. The hotel was very quiet. The rooms are outdated, but clean. I enjoyed my stay and slept like a baby.

Room Tip: The front desk will help you pick out the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ripon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel is a friendly, clean and comfortable place to stay. All the staff are extremely helpful and welcoming. The rooms are nice and cleaned daily. the aircon is very loud but it works.
A prime location and easy walking distance from the airport
Thank you for a pleasant stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

When we foolishly took a room at another hotel that turned out to be a dumpster, we were pleasantly surprised to find space at this hotel at the last minute.

The rooms were super clean, the staff was very attentive and friendly, guiding us to restaurants and taking care of us when the electricity went out in part of our room. We left too early to have breakfast, so I cannot review it.

Thanks again for a nice place to stay at a reasonable rate!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel overall, continental breakfast was a plus. I liked the location and it's proximity to restaurants and other amenities. My only complaint is that the wifi just refused to work, but otherwise I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed May 2014
Burbank, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Since I had a chance to stay anywhere, I though for fun I would try the priceline name a price and take what I got. Well thats been done and I can move on. The hotel is literally next to the airport and was definitely dated (circa 1972 I'd say). The room was spacious and on the second floor (no elevators either). 3 days into my stay I was woken at 5 in the morning by a knock on my door. Not knowing who would be on the outside, I phoned downstairs to tell them about my caller. I was told that it was someone delivering requested toilet paper. Since I had not ordered anything I told them and they apologized for the disturbance. The next evening I went to the front desk and told them that this seemed odd. The desk clerk told me that it was not their doing but would have been the housekeeping staff. When I checked out I found that I had lost my computer charger. I called the hotel to see if I had left it in the room. Once again I was told that the housekeeping would be alerted. I have yet to hear back from the hotel. Needless to say I am not holding my breath. My advice to travelers is pick your own hotel and use trip advisor beforehand to make sure you are not staying at the Bates Motel.

Room Tip: Choose something elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Nice large room, friendly guy at check in desk, blazing free WiFi speed, fridge, microwave, coffee machine.
Lots and lots of premium television channels, although our room had an old 27" CRT.
Very good at 59$+tax for a double room with 2x comfortable Queen size beds.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Piccadilly Inn Express? Share your experiences!