“Friendly, Attentive and Helpful Staff PLUS Clean Rooms,” 4 of 5 stars

Piccadilly Inn Express
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5113 East McKinley Avenue, Fresno, CA 93727   |
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
San Diego
“Friendly, Attentive and Helpful Staff PLUS Clean Rooms,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

When we foolishly took a room at another hotel that turned out to be a dumpster, we were pleasantly surprised to find space at this hotel at the last minute.

The rooms were super clean, the staff was very attentive and friendly, guiding us to restaurants and taking care of us when the electricity went out in part of our room. We left too early to have breakfast, so I cannot review it.

Thanks again for a nice place to stay at a reasonable rate!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel overall, continental breakfast was a plus. I liked the location and it's proximity to restaurants and other amenities. My only complaint is that the wifi just refused to work, but otherwise I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed May 2014
Burbank, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Since I had a chance to stay anywhere, I though for fun I would try the priceline name a price and take what I got. Well thats been done and I can move on. The hotel is literally next to the airport and was definitely dated (circa 1972 I'd say). The room was spacious and on the second floor (no elevators either). 3 days into my stay I was woken at 5 in the morning by a knock on my door. Not knowing who would be on the outside, I phoned downstairs to tell them about my caller. I was told that it was someone delivering requested toilet paper. Since I had not ordered anything I told them and they apologized for the disturbance. The next evening I went to the front desk and told them that this seemed odd. The desk clerk told me that it was not their doing but would have been the housekeeping staff. When I checked out I found that I had lost my computer charger. I called the hotel to see if I had left it in the room. Once again I was told that the housekeeping would be alerted. I have yet to hear back from the hotel. Needless to say I am not holding my breath. My advice to travelers is pick your own hotel and use trip advisor beforehand to make sure you are not staying at the Bates Motel.

Room Tip: Choose something elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Nice large room, friendly guy at check in desk, blazing free WiFi speed, fridge, microwave, coffee machine.
Lots and lots of premium television channels, although our room had an old 27" CRT.
Very good at 59$+tax for a double room with 2x comfortable Queen size beds.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Hi Folks,
I travel regularly to Fresno, The Piccadilly Express is my go-to motel. It is older but the new owners have taken great strides in updating the rooms and facilities. Make no mistake, this is NOT a resort location with lots to do. It's what I call a safe, travel motel.
Rooms are clean, parking lot is well lit and the key cards to the rooms have been upgraded. You need to use your key to access the hallways-nice!
They have flat screen TV's and free, FAST Wifi at the in-room desks.
Morning breakfast has the waffle machine with coffee, juice, instant oatmeal and a revolving cereal tower. Toaster for muffins bagels, scones and the like.
I like to stay in 136 or 205. Those beds has been upgraded from the normal planks you get in most value rooms. Some of the rooms have upgraded toilets and I LOVE the double shower heads in the walk in shower. There is no tub. Towels have been upgraded to big fluffy ones.
Friendly, helpful staff (they know me after all these years).
Even though this is very close to the airport, their is very little jet noise.
Make sure you ask for the AAA or AARP rate. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: 136, 202 or 205
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Yuba City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went to the Fresno area for a few days on business and decided to try this hotel because of reviews, the price and location. I was very happy. Nice room, comfortable bed, fridge and micro, coffee, etc. I had a downstairs room right off the lobby and except for a couple of guests, it was quiet. I also ate in the restaurant and the meal was very good but the service was very slow. Very slow and the place was almost empty. For the price, the room I had could not be beat. The desk staff was very friendly. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Exterior of hotel looks nice at first glance...pretty lawns, newer paint, etc. Then you notice all the cigarette butts. Interior / room was disgusting. 1) black mold in shower (swiped a tissue across it and it showed streaks of mold); 2) carpet was filthy; 3) cigarette burn in bedsheet. Room looks like it was built in the 70s and never updated. Old bathroom fixtures, PRINCESS(!) phone in bathroom next to toilet (eek!). Tiny flat screen TV that, even from just sitting on the bed, it was too small. I am not sure why anyone would rate this hotel as anything but poor. One of the worst I've ever stayed at, and I would *never* stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Piccadilly Inn Express? Share your experiences!