“This place has hospitality all figured out!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Piccadilly Inn Express to your Saves list
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5113 East McKinley Avenue, Fresno, CA 93727   |
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Columbia, South Carolina
“This place has hospitality all figured out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

After an awful stay at another hotel the night before, this place was like a dessert oasis! My son and I checked in the evening of 6/2. The young lady at the front desk was very friendly. She arranged for a taxi to take us to the airport at 4:30am for our super early flight and scheduled a wake up call for us, too. When asked, she told me about all of our options for restaurants with in walking distance. She could not have been any nicer. We easily found our room which was at a comfortable temperature when we arrived and smelled clean and fresh. The room didn't just smell clean, it was clean! The bathroom was large and separated from the room by an open closet area where the sink area was. The towels in the bathroom were soft and thick. The beds were very comfortable and our room had a refrigerator and microwave, which were attractively hidden behind cabinetry matching the other furniture. The ceilings were high, which made the room feel bigger. The colors weren't bright and tacky like you see at a lot of budget hotels. The color scheme was lovely. I didn't hear one plane during our stay. Our wake up call and taxi were right on time. All the hotel staff we came in contact with were so nice and accommodating. I travel quite a bit and can say for the room rate, this property is one of the best in its class!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
san diego, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This small hotel is worth checking out. Keep in mind that this isn't a top of the line hotel so don't expect much more than a bed, TV, radio, and a bathroom. I was pleased to have a room that included a microwave, fridge, desk, carpeting, free internet, and a modest breakfast included in the price. It has on site parking, the desk staff was helpful and handled the check-in and out without a flaw. The bed was firm but comfortable. The walls like most hotels in this price range are thin so hallway noise will be heard. It is within walking distance of the airport but it isn't in the flight path so airplane noise was not an issue. There are only 2 levels and under 40 rooms yet I didn't feel crowded. Want to eat at a restaurant that is nearby? Across the parking lot is another Piccadilly Hotel that makes leaving the area mute. I would stay here again if traveling on a budget.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms didn't have any noise from rooms on the 2nd level.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great place for a stop over on our way back from Sequoia National Park. Honestly, we were not expecting much from a budget hotel in Fresno. Pleasantly surprised. Better than your average budget hotel.

The room is a little bit older, but nicely kept and clean. Traveling with a family, having fridge and microwave in room is really convenient. We like the comfortable firm beds (2 queens). Staff is cheerful and friendly.

The hotel is across from the airport. Rooms on back will certainly be quieter. Our boys love planes. So we didn’t mind our room near the front of the hotel.

Breakfast is standard continental fare. It would be great if they add a waffle makers ... some hot.

Overall, a clean to stay in Fresno that won’t break your bank. Cheers!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rebecca K, Owner at Piccadilly Inn Express, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I want to personally thank you for your considerate review. I recently acquired the hotel and am in process of updating the lobby area to create more seating space for breakfast and add multiple hot breakfast items. Please come back and stay with us next time you're in town

Owner
Leicestershire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed in a 2x queen bed room for one night with my parents and 1 year old son.

We pre-booked and paid for our room and check-in was efficient with pleasant, helpful staff.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The carpets were reasonably clean too (my son crawls with bare feet and this is always a good test of carpet cleanliness). The towels with fresh, thick and clean and we had one each (sometimes we have only been given two or three towels for our party of four people). The room had microwave, phone, coffee maker and TV. The beds were obviously cleanly made and the mattress was comfortable but showing signs of wear (a little creaky). The AC unit was quiet enough and the area did not suffer from external noise.

Breakfast was reasonable and for the room price I was not about to complain. There was a selection of packaged bagels, muffins, sweet cakes with a good selection of bread toppings. There was a selection of different flavour oats too. The healthy choice was original oatmeal. The breakfast would have benefited from fresh fruit and yoghurt being available.

I would recommend this as a good overnight stop in Fresno.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review for future guests. I also would like to say that we're listening and have added three more choices in the morning breakfast including fresh apples, heathy yoplait yogurt and milk. Please come back and stay with us any time you're in town.

Owner
Visalia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel if you have an early flight. I've booked this hotel twice in the past 3 weeks. Today I came early and asked to be checked in EARLYt (2 instead of 3) then proceeded to ask for a room right by the door leading outside as my suitcase is heavy and I'm alone. All rooms were still being cleaned so I waited 1/2 hour and got one of the exact rooms I wanted. And if you are just killing time you can take a walk through the parking lot to the large full size Piccadilly Inn and sit @ their bar. I'm here right this very second as I'm writing this having a glass of wine and a bowl of soup. Very convenient hotel. Nothing special or classy. But it works, its clean and their curtains are very good @ keeping the dark out.

• Stayed May 2011
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed for couple of days. I chose this primarily because it was closet to the airport. But to my delight I discovered the place was great - spacious, clean room; friendly & efficient staff; free service to and from airport; all that at an unbelievable price. Definitely staying here whenever I travel to Fresno.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Whitefish, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

A good room near the airport. It is showing it's age (rust in sink, slightly worn carpet). I got a good rate through a special at the hotels web site. At the normal rate this would not be a good value. Room is big enough and comes with a frig and microwave.

Room Tip: Look for specials on hotels web site.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Piccadilly Inn Express? Share your experiences!