“The most pleasurable stay I've ever had stay in a hotel, can't be beat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway

You added Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4141 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93726 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Fresno, California, United States
“The most pleasurable stay I've ever had stay in a hotel, can't be beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

My name Steven Mendoza I have just spent 18 days a the Red Roof Inn on blackstone . When traveling or stay in hotels there is almost always a issue or two and thats to expected, for me it's not an issue that bothers me it's how its handled. The staff here at Red Roof Inn, showed me something that I haven't seen for along time. They made me feel that their number on concern was me , the professionalism and efficiency that they handled my every needs with was a privilege to experience. The rooms are beautiful and spacious, their breakfest was very nice, and the best thing about the Inn has to be the staff. The room and the food im sure you may be able to find at other Inns but not at that price but, you would be hard driven to find a more friendly, helpful, or more professional staff anywhere. I would like to give special thanks to Eric, Ariana, Brandon, Andrew, Threasa, and Tammie. If I missed anyone all the people at the front desk were wonderful. I've never had a more relaxing or pleasent stay at an lnn than the 18 days I stayed at the Red Roof Inn on blackstone in Fresno Ca. I strongly encourage you to try them out you won't be disappointed. And for the furry members of your family they are welcome to come as well.
Steven Mendoza
P.S. for longer stays ask about their weekly rate.

Room Tip: There's singles, doubles, and my favorite for longer stays rooms with a mini kitchen , all the r...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I checked in to the Red Roof Inn. The front desk clerk was a very cordial lady named Rene. The room was very comfortable. I do not understand the negative reviews. the property was kept up. From my understanding the hotel is under renovation. The staff were helpful. I needed some housekeeping and Teresa brought me extra towels. In the evening a young man named Brandon was informative on places to dine in Fresno and Clovis. I will stay here again. One last note, the only drug addicts I saw were on a corner by the Red Roof Inn hanging out by a 7-11. The security guard Israel is very persistent and professional.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

I stayed at this establishment on September 7 and 8, 2014. The following lists are the problems I had in the room:

1. Bedroom - the light in the corner had only one light bulb working, but flickering as though it was about to go out. The television had bad reception and shut off itself. When I turned it back on, a blue box appeared that said you needed to go into the menu section and change the timer. How can one go in the menu and change the timer when there is no button on the remote control to press that lets you scroll up or down. The phone on the nightstand was broken.

2. Bathroom - It took forever to get at least warm water in the showerhead. I can't imagine how much longer it would have taken to get hot water to bathe. On the shower wall, there is a device that dispenses shampoo and shower gel. I lifted the cover and saw that the shampoo was completely empty and the shower gel was almost empty.

3. Breakfast - Why is breakfast over at 9 am? Couldn't breakfast end at about 10:00 am or 10:30 am?

4. The floor plan shows there is a room that has an ice machine and a vending machine. My room was located near the ice machine, but there was only the ice machine and no vending
machine.

Room Tip: When booking your room, request the room to be away from the ice machine. The ice machine is loud.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

The sheets had cigarette burn marks and several of the lightbulbs were burnt out. The neighborhood is sketchy and the security guard wears a flak jacket.

To give you a sense of the place: there's a rotary phone in the bathroom. Need I say more?

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stinks like a Vegas hotel. Poor upkeep. Front desk clerk at check in was not helpful in directing us to our room. Sent us to the wrong building and wrong floor. Very uninformed staff. I will make sure to pass on this place the next time we are in Fresno.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

In reference to the above review that claims the hotel is dirty and drug infested. Both claims are false. The new manager Eric along with ALL of his staff have turned tis place around. His front desk employees all are proactive in making sure only guests of the hotel are on property. Of course a group of drug addicts are going to slip through the cracks once in a while, but I have personally seen the staff take appropriate measures when the druggies are caught. Under Eric's new managing I can not express enough how excellent the landscaping is. Also all the employees from housekeeping to front desk are very helpful. Pablo, Robert, Sultan, and Eric have all went above and beyond in proving excellent guest service to my family and I. Last but not least the night security is very cordial and diligent.

• Stayed July 2014
Eric G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Mr. or Ms. jarllgibson (Mr. Gibson)

Thank you so very much for your review. Encouragement like yours helps us to keep making the effort to improve the property. We are fully committed to providing our guests with the best experience possible.

Thanks Again
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

ugh. filth. the only positive i could find was the room size. 2 queens it doesnt feel claustrophobic with 5 ppl in the room. the bathroom fixtures were moldy and outdated, i recommend shower shoes whem u showet. the toilet wouldnt flush half the time. the walls were stained with who knows what bodily fluid.i sanitized ever surface & febreezed tje curtains/beds before we.settled in
.. i refused to walk on the carpet without shoes/slippers. breakfast/ snack center advertised. when asked about it, i was told they lost their license to provide such a thing. its interesting that the 'remodeled' rooms are a bit pricier than the rest. your 61.01 could be better spent in an safer updated eatablishment near fresno state

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Matt R.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the many cleanliness issues you experienced and the lack of breakfast at our property.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,
Fred Reed
Area Support Manager

Red Roof Inn - Fresno-Yosemite Gateway

Been to Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway? Share your experiences!