“do not pass go, spend your 61.01 at a cleaner place!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4141 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93726 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #54 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“do not pass go, spend your 61.01 at a cleaner place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

ugh. filth. the only positive i could find was the room size. 2 queens it doesnt feel claustrophobic with 5 ppl in the room. the bathroom fixtures were moldy and outdated, i recommend shower shoes whem u showet. the toilet wouldnt flush half the time. the walls were stained with who knows what bodily fluid.i sanitized ever surface & febreezed tje curtains/beds before we.settled in
.. i refused to walk on the carpet without shoes/slippers. breakfast/ snack center advertised. when asked about it, i was told they lost their license to provide such a thing. its interesting that the 'remodeled' rooms are a bit pricier than the rest. your 61.01 could be better spent in an safer updated eatablishment near fresno state

• Stayed July 2014
Eric G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Matt R.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the many cleanliness issues you experienced and the lack of breakfast at our property.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Red Roof Inn - Fresno-Yosemite Gateway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I must say im impressed by all the changes ive noticed taking place at The Red Roof over the past couple of months.I admit several months ago i came into fresno as i often do for my business and always stay at RedRoof.At this time i realized things seemed to be going down hill (the reason im not sure) but what i do know is recently i stayed at The Red Roof and noticed a signifacant change fot the better.The grounds looked awesome clean,manicured you can definitly see they've had some landscaping done. My room was clean and staff was awesome, the pool area was clean and very relaxing. All i have to say is maybe The Red Roof has a new crew on deck and i give them 2 thumbs up on all the improvments..Keep up the good work.. sincerly ms randolph "exterior design consultant"

• Stayed June 2014
Dear randirandolph

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed in a room for ten hours that had no working a.c. while being told by manager Eric that he had no other complaints so we must be imagining it!We had already changed rooms twice! Finally the night manager, aAndrew changed our room! We have staued many times there and it gets worse ebery time! We were never offered anything for our trauma! It had been 108 degrees that day! The hookers and druggies werent as bad as the rooms!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear dewingme

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience with our Air Conditioning problem.

We are making many changes to improve our guest experience, and we also have setbacks. I have lived through the Fresno heat and know that we must have good A/C just to make it bearable. We would truly Love another chance to earn your business.

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had a group at this property scheduled for two nights. The first night they were traumatized and left. two rooms had things stolen from them (never recovered). There were drug addicts on the premise- there was a prostitute there and it's an all around unsafe place. Spoke with the general manager who was the most unprofessional person I've encountered in the hospitality industry. The security report by his security confirmed what we have stated. He refused to refund the 2nd night of the planned stay and said he didn't care what we would post. It was reported not only to the police but to the national chain which should be an embarrassment for them as well to have their name associated with this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Stu K

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that we failed to provide you a safe comfortable place to stay for your visit.. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We are making many changes to improve our guest experience, and safety and security are at the top of our list. I know that our response does not change your experience nor fix our initial response to your experience and for that I am also sorry. I would Love an opportunity to show you the change we have made, but also understand if that is not going to happen.

Devon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for one night and this has to be the worst place ever . I was was not clean not looked after the water in the pool was brown leaking taps in the bath room just not a safe place . Stay away from this place

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Chris C.

We are making many changes to improve our guest experience. We would truly Love another chance to earn your business.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

1 advice: don't book at this hotel! It is dirty, carpet not hoovered since ages, definitely did not dare walking bare feet, pillows and towels with big black spots. Water for shower not warm. WiFi soooo slow that we couldnt use it. Weird guests, police came to arrest a person in our building. Corridor stinks ciagerette odour. Didn't feel safe at all, and was so happy to check out next morning. Worse hotel I have been in my life! And I'm not difficult at all. Front desk had to came twice to knock at door of guests in same corridor to ask to be quiet. We felt like being in the middel of ghetto.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lotje82

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that we failed to provide you with a clean and safe room. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience. Our carpet is being changed and our non-smoking policy is being enforced. I know non of this helps what you experienced. And for that I am sorry.

fresnoca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I dont understand how they have security cameras and they can see whats going on but the never ever call police when they see somone attempting go break in the rooms, or even say some thing to the people hanging out on the property

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Prisonbear

Recently we have taken action to insure that we are providing the safest and most secure property possible. We now have full time professional security on property everyday. While I know that this will not change what you experienced I thought you should know that we do take your comments seriously and are making every effort to provide a clean, safe place to stay, and provide superior service to every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Red Roof Inn - Fresno-Yosemite Gateway

Been to Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway? Share your experiences!