“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway

You added Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4141 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93726 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #52 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
San Francisco, California
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

1 advice: don't book at this hotel! It is dirty, carpet not hoovered since ages, definitely did not dare walking bare feet, pillows and towels with big black spots. Water for shower not warm. WiFi soooo slow that we couldnt use it. Weird guests, police came to arrest a person in our building. Corridor stinks ciagerette odour. Didn't feel safe at all, and was so happy to check out next morning. Worse hotel I have been in my life! And I'm not difficult at all. Front desk had to came twice to knock at door of guests in same corridor to ask to be quiet. We felt like being in the middel of ghetto.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Lotje82

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that we failed to provide you with a clean and safe room. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience. Our carpet is being changed and our non-smoking policy is being enforced. I know non of this helps what you experienced. And for that I am sorry.

We are making many changes to improve our guest experience. We would truly Love another chance to earn your business.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Red Roof Inn - Fresno-Yosemite Gateway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
fresnoca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I dont understand how they have security cameras and they can see whats going on but the never ever call police when they see somone attempting go break in the rooms, or even say some thing to the people hanging out on the property

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Prisonbear

Recently we have taken action to insure that we are providing the safest and most secure property possible. We now have full time professional security on property everyday. While I know that this will not change what you experienced I thought you should know that we do take your comments seriously and are making every effort to provide a clean, safe place to stay, and provide superior service to every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

If I could put ZERO STARS, I would.

Disgusting place. A real dump. Filthy carpets in the halls and room. Nail polish stains on the tables and dresser. Cigarette burns on table and dresser. Stains on the couch. There was not even a trash can in the room. The toilet was dirty inside. The entire building REEKED of cigarette smoke even though EVERY room we passed had a "No Smoking" sign on it. The air conditioning was not working, and the windows had no screens. There was no breeze and there were no fans available. The clerk offered a ten (10) percent discount for the broken A/C, but refused to put it in writing or refund cash.

The same vehicle kept cruising the parking lot over and over, a silver Dodge Magnum wagon, CA License began with 6LMU…. I counted ten times that it went by, typical of a dope slinger. While we were unpacking the car, we were "scouted" by this car and two other undesirable-looking characters. Since we had a nice rental car, I was actually afraid that it would be stolen while we slept. After spending forty five minutes going over the room and its horrendous state, my wife and I left. I explained to the clerk that the room was unsatisfactory and we were checking out. There was no way we were sleeping there. We got another room at another hotel.

When I called Delta to inquire about a refund, they said the manager told them we stayed the night, and would not authorize a refund. I think their EXTENSIVE surveillance system will tell the truth. The clerk was nice, but that was all that was nice. Oh, and I forgot the police car sitting outside… I've written and will be calling Red Roof Inn's corporate offices about the situation.

Room Tip: Do not stay here! Find another hotel! Watch out for the addicts and the silver Dodge Magnum wagon.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear FrUsa1

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your reasonable expectations. We failed to provide you a clean and safe room, and for that I am truly sorry.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at plenty of other red roof inns and this was the worst that I've seen! I didn't feel safe stay here for the 3 nights that i paid for. As i was walking up to my room, 3 drug addicts were hanging out on the stairs drinking alcohol and doing God knows what. Isn't that a great way to be greeted after a long trip? Wrong. They did not want to move out of the way. As i walked to my room, the hallways smelled disgusting. I reserved a king size bed for 3 nights the sank right in as i sat down. Come to find out that it was two beds put together. The room was filthy and the smell was just super unpleasant. I only stayed in the room for 20 mins and checked out. I didn't feel safe at all and the room was gross. The guy up front wasn't welcoming. Pictures do not do justice at all!!!! Do not stay here!! I reccommend picadilly inn.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear cjisavath

Canyonville, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We would have left after seeing filthy conditions in "up graded room" but had been informed that room was pre paid and there were no refunds.
I would give minus stars if I could.
I will never stay in a red roof in again. Went out to auto and saw pimp dropping off three of his girls. Terrible place.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 1Sassie

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that we failed to provide you with a clean room. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience.

Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

It was the worst I've ever been to it's was nasty I'm a very clean person and if u call roaches clean and if them saying theres nothing they can do good customer service then stay there but it was horrible

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Alynn1234

Tulare, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for. The room was descent. The hallways do have a nasty smell. TV has good channels & comes with a fridge. Very useful. There is a lot of "weird" people outside the area but other than that I enjoyed my stay for the price I paid.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Yolandag34

Thanks you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that it took so long for us to respond. We have been making many changes to the property to improve the cleanliness, safety and customer service. I will share your comments with our team and again thanks.

Red Roof Inn - Fresno-Yosemite Gateway

Been to Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway? Share your experiences!