“Drug addicts everywhere. Horrible. Worst Red Roof I've ever stayed at!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway

Best prices from these 9 sites
Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4141 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93726 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #55 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
San Diego, California
“Drug addicts everywhere. Horrible. Worst Red Roof I've ever stayed at!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at plenty of other red roof inns and this was the worst that I've seen! I didn't feel safe stay here for the 3 nights that i paid for. As i was walking up to my room, 3 drug addicts were hanging out on the stairs drinking alcohol and doing God knows what. Isn't that a great way to be greeted after a long trip? Wrong. They did not want to move out of the way. As i walked to my room, the hallways smelled disgusting. I reserved a king size bed for 3 nights the sank right in as i sat down. Come to find out that it was two beds put together. The room was filthy and the smell was just super unpleasant. I only stayed in the room for 20 mins and checked out. I didn't feel safe at all and the room was gross. The guy up front wasn't welcoming. Pictures do not do justice at all!!!! Do not stay here!! I reccommend picadilly inn.

• Stayed April 2014
Eric G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear cjisavath

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your reasonable expectations. We failed to provide you a clean and safe room, and for that I am truly sorry.

We are making many changes to improve our guest experience. We would truly Love another chance to earn your business.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Red Roof Inn - Fresno-Yosemite Gateway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Canyonville, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We would have left after seeing filthy conditions in "up graded room" but had been informed that room was pre paid and there were no refunds.
I would give minus stars if I could.
I will never stay in a red roof in again. Went out to auto and saw pimp dropping off three of his girls. Terrible place.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 1Sassie

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that we failed to provide you with a clean room. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience.

Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

It was the worst I've ever been to it's was nasty I'm a very clean person and if u call roaches clean and if them saying theres nothing they can do good customer service then stay there but it was horrible

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Alynn1234

Tulare, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for. The room was descent. The hallways do have a nasty smell. TV has good channels & comes with a fridge. Very useful. There is a lot of "weird" people outside the area but other than that I enjoyed my stay for the price I paid.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Yolandag34

Thanks you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that it took so long for us to respond. We have been making many changes to the property to improve the cleanliness, safety and customer service. I will share your comments with our team and again thanks.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Poor quality in the hotel. When we first pulled up there was a prostitute right outside the front entrance. I checked us in while my boyfriend stayed in the car and a man walked up to him wanting to buy drugs, but he declined then the man moved on to the prostitute. The front desk man did not acknowledge me at all, and when he finally did he said "what's up!" I originally reserved a standard king room, which upon arrival I was told it was not available due to it either not being clean or someone was in it. Then I was told for my money I could get a two queen bedroom or pay more for a kind deluxe. I wanted the king so I paid more for that room, I was upset I was not offered any sort of redemption or an apology for the "mishap." Then I was told that before I enter the room the front staff was going to make sure it was at least clean. This was not very promising. After we entered the room, which was supposed to be smoke free, it had a horribly heavy odor of smoke. There was no hot water for two days out of our 4 night stay and the sink leaked underneath so I had to put towels down to soak up the water. We tried to use the sink sparingly. When I asked for more towels and mentioned the leaking sink at the front desk I was told that housekeeping only does towels and he didn't think any were clean right now because housekeeping was gone so I would have to wait the next morning. Then he said that he didn't know when maintenance would be there to fix the sink so again I would have to wait for the morning. When morning came, no maintenance and no fresh towels. We asked two more times before we got the towels and the sink was never fixed. I understand that this particular hotel was on the cheaper end for night stay, but I've stayed in better hotels for the same price. The staff was poor the quality of the room was average if at best, and the kind bed was rock hard. I will not visit this place again, perhaps the only plus was its location near the center of town and it's easy to get to.

Room Tip: The difference between the standard king and the deluxe king is that the standard is only a bed, bat...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tram D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fresno-Yosemite Gateway Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Tram Dang
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Worth it for the price. If your going to complain about an affordable hotel like red roof inn then you should spend more money at Hilton or Marriott. I've stayed in various hotels around California this hotel was fine for the price I knew as a smart shopper to get the UPGRADED room to avoid any complications it was just a 10 dollar difference very affordable again i cant stress on the families I've seen write reviews and expect it to be a resort. Funny bad reviews are mostly from people who get a standard room and expect more than standard accommodation. I got into my room very spacious had a microwave fridge and a coffee maker with free WiFi plus i had a flat screen TV with Dish Network I will for sure come back if I'm in town. Thanks Red Roof Inn!

Room Tip: upgrade upgrade upgrade worth it for the money
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel was cheap below expectations. I've stayed at cheap hotels before by far this was the worst. Encountered prostitutes, drunks, fights below the rooms. Carpet filthy, roaches in first two rooms we were given. The first room appeared that someone was still living there. Food on counters bed not made. second room Bed was made still had trash in it looked lived in. We were given what was called the deluxe room it was clean. The first night we had hot water,woke up to take a shower no hot water for two days,assumed this was due to the large crowed of buses that came in I thought for sure Saturday afternoon there would be hot water but NO. Sunday morning still no hot water informed someone working there who checked. He also found there was no hot water. I would not recommend this hotel RED ROOF INN to my worst enemy. Staff very Friendly tried to be helpful. Never Again!

Room Tip: Stay away from the Hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Deepak C, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Robert H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel on tripadvisor.com.
I will ensure to pass on your compliments to our staff for their friendliness & helpfulness.
I would also like to apologize for the discomfort you had to endure during your stay.
To make sure that our guest in the rooms have a better experience we are currently working on improving the amenities of all guest rooms and also upgrading the hallways and the room decor.
The hot water issue was a exception & not a norm as we were in the process of installing modern energy saving equipment for the property.
I would also like to say thank you for staying with us and giving your feedback.
I hope that we will see you again and that your future experience will be more positive.

Been to Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway? Share your experiences!