“Worth for the money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway

You added Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4141 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93726 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #52 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Fresno, California
“Worth for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Worth it for the price. If your going to complain about an affordable hotel like red roof inn then you should spend more money at Hilton or Marriott. I've stayed in various hotels around California this hotel was fine for the price I knew as a smart shopper to get the UPGRADED room to avoid any complications it was just a 10 dollar difference very affordable again i cant stress on the families I've seen write reviews and expect it to be a resort. Funny bad reviews are mostly from people who get a standard room and expect more than standard accommodation. I got into my room very spacious had a microwave fridge and a coffee maker with free WiFi plus i had a flat screen TV with Dish Network I will for sure come back if I'm in town. Thanks Red Roof Inn!

Room Tip: upgrade upgrade upgrade worth it for the money
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel was cheap below expectations. I've stayed at cheap hotels before by far this was the worst. Encountered prostitutes, drunks, fights below the rooms. Carpet filthy, roaches in first two rooms we were given. The first room appeared that someone was still living there. Food on counters bed not made. second room Bed was made still had trash in it looked lived in. We were given what was called the deluxe room it was clean. The first night we had hot water,woke up to take a shower no hot water for two days,assumed this was due to the large crowed of buses that came in I thought for sure Saturday afternoon there would be hot water but NO. Sunday morning still no hot water informed someone working there who checked. He also found there was no hot water. I would not recommend this hotel RED ROOF INN to my worst enemy. Staff very Friendly tried to be helpful. Never Again!

Room Tip: Stay away from the Hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Deepak C, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Robert H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel on tripadvisor.com.
I will ensure to pass on your compliments to our staff for their friendliness & helpfulness.
I would also like to apologize for the discomfort you had to endure during your stay.
To make sure that our guest in the rooms have a better experience we are currently working on improving the amenities of all guest rooms and also upgrading the hallways and the room decor.
The hot water issue was a exception & not a norm as we were in the process of installing modern energy saving equipment for the property.
I would also like to say thank you for staying with us and giving your feedback.
I hope that we will see you again and that your future experience will be more positive.
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Place is unkept and the area is very unsafe. Homeless people all around including prostitutes walking by. Room very old and outdated. Hallways and rooms smell of mold and mildew. Towels in poor condition. A/C did not work properly. Staff and manager could care less. I took a walk around property and couldn't believe the condition of the property. Broken windows with large pieces of glass still lying on the ground, garbage and trash liters the grounds. Dead landscape in the back with window screens lying on the ground. If someone lit a cigarette and threw the butt on the ground, the place would be up in flames in seconds. Junkyard of cars next to property. I felt very unsafe and uneasy at this location. After the fact I saw many reviews that are very negative regarding this place and the few positive ones must be from blind people or management cause no one in their right mind would give this place a positive review. I noticed management responded to negative reviews making up excuses and saying they were going to do this or that.... but this property has been in a poor condition for some time. While I was here the one night, numerous police cars arrived at the corner next to the property and a helicopter was flying overhead and had street blocked off for a few hours. I got no sleep because it was so hot in the room and actually left at 1am. I was worried my car would be vandalized as it was the only one in the parking lot. I don't think this place is going to be open much longer....obviously poor management problems and lack of money has greatly affected this place.

If I was able to post pictures, I would do so.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you stay in the north part of Fresno. The area is much safer and many hotels...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RajCC, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
I would like to begin by apologizing for any discomfort you had to endure during your stay.
However, security of our guests is our top concern and we have been diligently working along with the city and we also have security guards at our property.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I had been in another hotel previous this one and all the staff over there were rude and careless, but as soon as we walked in here (my friend and I)they were really friendly and nice, as we walked into the room we could see it was spacious, clean and it looked comfortable, I was kinda scared to stay there because of some of the reviews but I'm glad I did

• Stayed July 2013
RajCC, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us your kind words! We truly appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you enjoy our location! We hope to continue seeing you stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn Fresno.
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This motel exemplifies how the Red Roof chain has slipped in maintaining its properties. Halls were dingy and carpets were worn and filthy. The condition of our room was o.k., but a
room where my son stayed in a back building was musty smelling and not updated.
Even worse were the prostitutes hanging around doorways and feral cats in the parking lots. Complimentary breakfast offered very little, was messy and not attended to by anyone. You can save money at a place like this, but risk ruining your vacation. There are many other nicer hotels in better areas of Fresno.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been remodeled.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RajCC, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel!
We have regular preventive maintenance carried out in all the rooms to ensure that all rooms are clean & meet the guest expectations. Also we are in the process of remodeling of all the rooms in our hotel.
Regarding your claim about the musty smell had we been informed by you upon you checking into that room, that the room did not meet your expectations we would have been able to offer you an alternative room.
Also we do have security cameras through out the property as well as security guard at night time.
Thank you and we hope to see you again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there one night and were disappointed by this motel.

On the positive side:
- nice staff
- the rooms are large and look nice
- there's a nice pool

But, on the flip side.
- the hall is stained
- the fridge in our room was not working
- they are supposed to have 3 ice machines - I could only find 2 and both were out of service - we ended d buying ice
- Cleanliness is not great ( kids were playing behind a curtain and found something that looked like vomit on the back of it) - then we started looking around and found that the mattress was badly stained...
- the breakfast is really poor ( breakfast and breakfast area )

We stayed in other cheap motels in CA and this one was really below the other ones
They have nice rooms so it would not take much for them to improve their quality and leave a better impression

• Stayed June 2013
I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
However, dirt or uncleanliness in the room or the ice machine not working is not our property norm and I wish that we were informed right away so that we could have taken care of that problem.
Layton, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had two night free voucher to stay here in June 2012. This is a really great hotel should the opportunity arise to kill a hooker and stash the body! We encountered roaches in the hallway, queen beds with urine stains on the box spring liner, dirty carpets, water stained walls, cobwebs in the window pane and the stench of failure throughout the room. No soap, which I desperately wanted. Air conditioner barely worked.

Giving management the benefit of the doubt, I returned to the un air conditioned lobby and notified them of the unacceptable condition of the room. They responded by offering another room in much the same condition with the sole exception of the Black Ice tree air fresher near the a/c outlet.

I notified management that even for free, I would not stay in these rooms, bid them a good day and found other accommodations.

A clean room with working A/C is not being picky.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway? Share your experiences!