“Cheap but below expectations” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4141 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93726 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #55 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
“Cheap but below expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there one night and were disappointed by this motel.

On the positive side:
- nice staff
- the rooms are large and look nice
- there's a nice pool

But, on the flip side.
- the hall is stained
- the fridge in our room was not working
- they are supposed to have 3 ice machines - I could only find 2 and both were out of service - we ended d buying ice
- Cleanliness is not great ( kids were playing behind a curtain and found something that looked like vomit on the back of it) - then we started looking around and found that the mattress was badly stained...
- the breakfast is really poor ( breakfast and breakfast area )

We stayed in other cheap motels in CA and this one was really below the other ones
They have nice rooms so it would not take much for them to improve their quality and leave a better impression

• Stayed June 2013
RajCC, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel on tripadvisor.com.
I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
I would like to begin by apologizing for any discomfort you had to endure during your stay.
To make sure that our guest in the rooms have a better experience we are currently working on improving the amenities of all guest rooms and also upgrading the hallways and the room decor.
However, dirt or uncleanliness in the room or the ice machine not working is not our property norm and I wish that we were informed right away so that we could have taken care of that problem.
I would also like to say thank you for staying with us and giving your feedback.
I hope that we will see you again and that your future experience will be more positive.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Layton, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had two night free voucher to stay here in June 2012. This is a really great hotel should the opportunity arise to kill a hooker and stash the body! We encountered roaches in the hallway, queen beds with urine stains on the box spring liner, dirty carpets, water stained walls, cobwebs in the window pane and the stench of failure throughout the room. No soap, which I desperately wanted. Air conditioner barely worked.

Giving management the benefit of the doubt, I returned to the un air conditioned lobby and notified them of the unacceptable condition of the room. They responded by offering another room in much the same condition with the sole exception of the Black Ice tree air fresher near the a/c outlet.

I notified management that even for free, I would not stay in these rooms, bid them a good day and found other accommodations.

A clean room with working A/C is not being picky.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in the hotel only 1 night coming from Sequoia park. Rooms were spacious and clean, although the interior haven't been refurbished for quite some time. Good is that they have a pool and their own parking lot. It's ok value for the money I would say.
Breakfast is I would say american hotel standard :D, few toasts, fruits, jam, butter etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Guatemala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Reception was Ok and check-in was fast. However they couldn't give us two cards to enter the room.
When we approached the room building we found stains everywhere on the carpet, the walls, doors, everything. There was a foul smell everywhere and even found a loose dog around the hallways. The room was really big but the window was in front of the street so no privacy there, we had to keep it shut all day. The vents were extremely loud and A/C was not working very well. The bathroom was dirty and full of stains everywhere.
Finally the breakfast was lacking. There was only toast with butter, they offered eggs, milk, varied juices and cream cheese but you're lucky if you happen to find them.

The only good thing was the hotel's location and the comfortable beds but besides that I think you will find much better options at the same price. For instance there's a days inn one block away from this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RajCC, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
However, dirt or uncleanliness in the room or not getting a second key is not our property norm and I wish that we were informed right away so that we could have taken care of that problem.
I do apologies once again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night, and never again. First when we walked in the room it was like 90 degrees in there and the air conditioner wasn't working very well. Then we requested a wake up call because he was there on business the wake up call never came in and he was late. Instead of staying there the 3 more days we moved to a different hotel were they didnt let us down and showed us great hospitality. I really hope they fix the issues cause this could be a great place to stay

• Stayed March 2013
Chico, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Did you ever request a wake-up call from a hotel/motel that never came? Me neither, until my visit to Red Roof Inn. Other problems included: a bathroom vent so loud it kept me from falling asleep, a large mirror speckled by large brown dots of something (paint, maybe); a computer in the lobby positioned by blinds that the staff was unable to close, thus piercing me with the sun when I went on-line --I tried to position the yard-sale mirror in front of it to block the rays, but it began to fall apart piece by piece when I touched it. I didn't want to get charged $1 to replace it; breakfast that included a choice of holey (worm infested?) apples; and a pool with dirty walls. It's clearly not the one pictured. At least my bed wasn't slanted. Another guest requested a different room because his was.

If you want a good night's sleep at a decent price, don't stay here. If you want quality, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs, an alarm clock, and your own breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
RajCC, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I appreciate your suggestions and your opinion is important to us.
To make sure that our guest in the rooms have a better experience we are currently working on improving the amenities of all guest rooms and also upgrading the lobby and the room decor.
However, dirt or uncleanliness in the room or not getting a wake up call is not our property norm and I wish that we were informed right away so that we could have taken care of that problem.
I do apologies once again.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

the rooms at the red roof were very large, and very comfortable, and come with a fridge, and yet very reasonable priced, staff is very polite,

The ac/ heat are one a boiler system so you have only choice of one during the apporiate season, but they do have fans avaiable at the front desk

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Fresno - Yosemite Gateway? Share your experiences!