“Our stay in Fresno” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Newark, United States
“Our stay in Fresno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From checking in to checking out and the staff in the hospitality room, the experience was enjoyable. I would say the price for the room (considering the location) was about $10.00 to much. However, with that said, we would stay here again. For years we have stayed at the Sheraton (now Radisson Park Inn)...that facility has gone down hill, and we were looking for another decent hotel in the area. My cousin who lives near by, said they saw signs that your facility had been remolded...glad I took my cousins recommendation. The only down side was, when we first got there, I noticied a young man, who looked like he might be pan handling...sure enough when I went back to my car after check-in he approached me and asked for money. The other big concern is there is no security key lock on the doors to get into the rooms...so coming home late at night, anyone can walk into your facility...maybe that can be addressed in the future. Overall - I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had never stayed at a Best Western before and was pleasantly surprised. I picked it primarily because I was driving down at the last minute and needed to bring my dog and I was allowed to. There was a fridge in the room which I did not know about and had food so that worked out. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. I will stay at Best Western's again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we arrived the 70's era carpeted hallway was roped off and a box fan was there to dry it. It made the hallway smell of mildew and kind of dank. There were barely any electrical outlets to use. The hot water dripped out. It took over 10 minutes to fill the tub enough to be able to take a very shallow bath. The AC/heater was located near the bed. It was very loud and woke us up every time it clicked on. The vents blew right on our faces and couldn't be moved up or down. The breakfast items were dried and overcooked. There wasn't any juice at all. When we complained at check out, the clerk just told us that we hadn't paid that much more than our other stay in Bakersfield and didn't really try to apologize and make it up to us. Finally he gave us a $10 refund. I feel we shouldn't have had to pay at all, The bed was lumpy and no one slept well.

Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at Village Inn during my business trip. The room was clean but the appliances are very outdated. The AC was so loud that it was impossible to have it on and attempt sleep (and otherwise the room gets stuffy). The toilet paper holder kept falling out. The location itself is hardly attractive; kind of makes me understand why people call Fresno the armpit of NorCal. Now to pros: The front desk personnel was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was okay (nothing outstanding); internet speed is good. There is plenty of parking by the hotel.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Crestline, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We did not stay here we had a reservation that I made directly to the hotel. When I had to cancel because of a change of plans they at the reception desk said I would have to call Expedia to get my full refund. To begin with I thought I was just guaranteeing the room but they charged my card. Very unprofessional. Always make sure it's just being guaranteed not charged.

• Stayed December 2014
Nipomo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

This hotel was a very clean and quiet place. Rooms and lobby and outside updated completely. Full breakfast with lots of variety of items and coffee all the time in the lobby. We will stay there again when we visit relatives in Fresno.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014

I generally like Best Westerns and stay at them often. However, this one is old, run down, small, and had cockroaches in the room. Additionally, the area seems a little sketchy; I didn't feel secure walking across the street to McDonalds.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Village Inn? Share your experiences!