“Comfy beds” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Susanville, California, USA
“Comfy beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed a few nights here. The building was secure. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bed was awesome. We slept in the whole time we were here. The full breakfast menu was great. We enjoyed our stay and will definately stay here next time we are in Fresno.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My expectations were tempered by this being a budget-ish hotel, and this hotel just barely crawled its way to meet those expectations. I'm still not sure what the difference is between a Best Western "Plus" and just a regular Best Western (maybe just that the rate is the regular rate "plus" a little extra). In any case, there didn't seem to be anything "plus" about this Best Western.

Everything rated pretty much average -- we got a moderately comfortable place to crash, the room was clean, etc. -- but nothing even hinted at slightly exceeding expectations, especially the service. I saw the same front desk clerk at both check-in and check-out, and both times he was surly, sarcastic and unhelpful. Friendliness is a minimum requirement that I expect from all hotels, 1-star or 5-star.

The surrounding area is also on the sketchy side, so if that bothers you, look for a place in a different part of town. I can say the hotel is very conveniently located to the freeway.

Bottom line: I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main roads surrounding the hotel (but be prepared for a sarcastic respo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Spa had not been cleaned in what looked like the last month. The bed was hard. Some of the staff didn't speak English. I choose to leave after one night. I didn't feel safe walking around let alone leaving my car in the parking lot. There was a lot of gang activity in the area. Won't stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Decided to get a bit away from the freeway tonight, so we came here.

Unlike the reviewer just before me, I don't see the problems he's whining about. He complained that he didn't get: a lounge chair with footrest (use the bed), the larger flat screen (it's a hotel, not a theater), the microwave (agree), the safe (not a bank), the larger refrigerator (you planning on moving in?), and a much larger room (for $67, the room we had was huge). It beats me how people whine about not having 4-star perks when they refuse to pay 4-star prices.

I also don't see how this hotel is "tired." It looked to be in fine condition.Maintenance is kept up. I didn't see any safety issues in the room, or in the public spaces I went in. No holes in the walls, or other appearance issues. I think he just likes to whine,

The room was very comfortable, very clean, and very quiet. Having the place split up into two separate wings was nice. Breakfast was good...it kept us until dinner in Redding,

Overall, I would be happy to stay here again. Don't pass on it if you're in Fresno. Just remember, it's a hotel, not a resort.

Room Tip: Great deal away from the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Standard, but getting tired two story motel. Comfortable enough but can’t hold a candle to the BW Executive Inn and Suites we stayed in last night in Manteca for $13 less a night. Missing here: a lounge chair with footrest, the larger flat screen, the microwave, the safe, the larger refrigerator, and a much larger room. One tiny bar of soap. If this is a Best Western Plus I would hate to stay in a BW Minus. There is another BW in Fresno might be better? Sorry guys, I’d give this a pass.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

After checking in this evening I was unable to connect to any of the hotel's wifi networks. I attempted using both my laptop and my phone. I called the front desk and the clerk said he would reset the router. After several more unsucessful connection attempts, I again called the front desk and was told, "Sorry, the tech people won't be in until the morning."

This is not the first time I have encountered wifi issues at this property and have in fact started staying at the other Best Western in Fresno. I used to stay here monthly and thought I would give them another try. However, based upon this problem, I'd be hard pressed to stay here again. I depend upon reliable wifi for work and the lack thereof is a deal breaker for me.

• Stayed November 2012
Woodland Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We arranged a group of 27 on a bus to stay at this Best Western, and what a good choice it turned out to be. The staff had our room keys ready for us, and the rooms were immaculate with comfortable beds. The hot breakfast was a real plus. We would use this Best Western again any time. The price was very reasonable, too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Village Inn? Share your experiences!