“Very responsive customer service.....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, Ohio
“Very responsive customer service.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

although I didn't have any maintenance or room issues. From the time I arrived until I left 2 days later the hotel staff were very tuned in to me as a customer. Good eye contact, smiles on their faces and looked like they were happy to be there. Additionally, as I had not experienced the complimentary dinner before, the service staff helped me negotiate the process and even dispensed some free beer. I was very happy with the friendly atmosphere.
The room was exceptional, in all aspects. The space was above average and I really liked the way it was organized to separate work and sleep space. When I come back to Fresno, I won't need to look any further than here, for a great hotel that is safe and easy to get to.
As long as you rent a car flying in, it is an easy 15 min drive to the hotel and to downtown. I'm not sure what the cab fare would be, but it is an easy freeway drive.
I agree with Nancy 017, in that you have to be able to resolve a service problem in the middle of the night, and the bathroom is one of those things you paid for and expect to work.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms up towards the front of the hotel, as the hotel is an arena with the pool in the m...
Green Features: Recycling is everywhere in California, and in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear bgould1001,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites Fresno. I especially appreciate all of the wonderful comments you had about our staff in every department of the hotel. It brings them so much joy when their efforts are acknowledged and appreciated. Customer Service is top priority at our hotel and we strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations. It's great to hear that you have chosen our hotel to stay in when you are in the fresno area. Thank you again for the kind words and positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rebecca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

A few places in Fresno can be dodgy but this hotel is well situated. The rooms are excellent and service was good. They serve a decent breakfast too! There is a decent pool, a basketball court, coin-operated laundry, a pool table and a little shop that is open 24-hours.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Joanne d,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Fresno on your most recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities we offer such as the breakfast we serve daily and our Suite Shop we have available at any time of day. If you should ever need a place to stay during the week please know that we also offer a complimentary evening reception which included beer and wine held Monday thru Thursday from 5pm-7pm. Thank you again for your kind words and positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Long Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Homewood Suites facility was actually very good. My room was clean, and I enjoyed having a living/dining room and a separate bedroom. My one complaint about the room was the pillows on the bed -- very poor down pillows that offered no neck support and would go flat as soon as you put your head down.

My other significant complaint about my room was the location in the hotel. I was assigned a room facing towards a major street. After I checked in and went to my room, I could hear the street noise and went back to the front desk to be reassigned. I did not believe the front desk clerk told me the truth that there were no other rooms available for the first 2 nights of my 3 night stay. When I later asked about getting foam pillows, I was told there were no additional ones available that night.

The breakfast buffet was decent, but not outstanding. Dinner is offered only Monday through Thursday, so it was available only one night I was there. That night they had tilapia, which placed a pungent fish odor in the lobby and dining areas.

One other aspect that I've seen other business travelers comment in other reviews is the slow speed of the internet connection. I gave up on downloading a 2mb file, since it was going to take 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the interior courtyard, and have little street noise. However, the courtyar...
Green Features: I'm not sure if my bedding was changed each night, but my towels were changed out despite leaving them hanging from the towel rod. Very disappointing given the severe drought in California.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Jeff,

Thank you for sharing a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I understand that street noise was a concern and I am sorry the staff did not take care of you. We want everyone that stays with us to have an exceptional experience and I would really appreciate you contacting me to discuss this further so it does not happen again. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will give us another chance; we would love to have you. Thank you!

Jennifer Mooradian
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very rarely do I give a negative rating to a place but this warrants it mainly due to the customer service we did not receive. Had problem with the toilet at 11 pm - was told maintenance person not available until 7:30 am the next morning - no other option given. A toilet that is broken is something that needs to be addressed immediately. Was hoping to hear from the hotel management but no one ever contact us. Won't be going back even though the room was clean.

Room Tip: Make sure your toilet flushes before maintenance person goes off duty!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Nancy017,

I want to start by sincerely apologizing for the lack of service you received on your most recent stay with us. A plumbing problem is definitely an issue that should be addressed immediately and I am embarrassed to hear that this problem was not handled with urgency by our staff. I would like to speak to you about this further so I can get more details regarding this specific issue and take the appropriate action to see that this does not happen in the future. Our guests should expect to receive excellent customer service every time they visit our property and I do apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. I do hope you give our property another try next time you are in the Fresno area so we can give you the experience you expect and deserve.

West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here for about a week while visiting family in Fresno. First of all, the property was very clean and well-maintained. I would have come back to this hotel just for that. Then there was free breakfast that was delicious and had lots of variety including some healthy choices (vegetarian and unprocessed, if you are that type). Wi-Fi is free and fast.

What was truly amazing and so refreshing in this place though was the professionalism, friendliness and authenticity of the staff in rendering their service -- from the front desk to the breakfast/dinner crew to room service. I live and work in the NYC metro area so not being treated rudely is about the best I can expect for "professional" service (and that is pathetic).

I was so touched by how the staff here made us feel so welcomed and how they extended that warmth to my family members. My family lives in Fresno. I asked the hotel the night before if I can have my young nieces and nephews (about 5 of them) come over and use the swimming pool. The front desk sounded aghast that I even had to ask. He said, "Of course! You are allowed guests here! Please have them come over for breakfast even and dinner." (And the hotel provides free breakfast and dinner during the week.)

My nieces and nephews had such a grand time, they asked if they may come again the next day. I said yes as that will be very convenient for me to spend time with them while their parents were at work and I didn't have to shuttle 5 kids around in our rented mini cooper :) The next day however there was an "Out of Service" sign posted in the pool area (probably chlorinating). The kids were so heartbroken. I didn't know what else to do with them so I let them wander about the hotel property (I felt it was safe enough in the hotel and the surrounding area to let them do that). They came back a few minutes later, very excited, saying they were given key passes to use the swimming pool in the next hotel over (a Marriott property). And they were munching on cookies the kitchen staff gave them to boot!

So I want to thank the hotel and their staff for their amazing service that created some wonderful memories for me and my family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear cvz1820,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and positive feedback. I am so pleased to hear not only how much you enjoyed our facility and amenities, but also how wonderful and accomodating our staff was. Our goal is to make our guest feel like this is there home away from home and I am so happy to hear they did that for you and your family. We did have some minor problems with our pool but I'm happy to report that they have been resolved. We are very grateful to our sister property next door for helping us out and allowing our guest to utilize their pool while ours was being treated. We look forward to you and your family coming to see us again in the future.

St Ives
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our stay at the Homewood Suites Fresno far exceeded our expectations. The staff we so helpful, we had free breakfasts throughout our stay and complimentary dinner Monday thru Thursday. Dinner was super delicious and staff most welcoming. The interconnecting rooms were perfect for our family of 4. Spacious and super comfy all round. It was a perfect central location for our visits to the National Parks. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed there on the way to Yosemite. For some strange reason there was nobody at the desk for good 10 minutes just a security guy who looked at me as if i was to rob the place ;)
Once a person sowed up check i was smooth and easy. The room was nice, clean and cold. Their air blows either super cold or warm air. I don't like those under the window units as they are loud and blow cold air right on the sleeping person. The breakfast in the morning was quite OK. I'd say standard these days.
I'd stay there next time if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno? Share your experiences!