“Amazing Wonderful People” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
West Orange, New Jersey
“Amazing Wonderful People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here for about a week while visiting family in Fresno. First of all, the property was very clean and well-maintained. I would have come back to this hotel just for that. Then there was free breakfast that was delicious and had lots of variety including some healthy choices (vegetarian and unprocessed, if you are that type). Wi-Fi is free and fast.

What was truly amazing and so refreshing in this place though was the professionalism, friendliness and authenticity of the staff in rendering their service -- from the front desk to the breakfast/dinner crew to room service. I live and work in the NYC metro area so not being treated rudely is about the best I can expect for "professional" service (and that is pathetic).

I was so touched by how the staff here made us feel so welcomed and how they extended that warmth to my family members. My family lives in Fresno. I asked the hotel the night before if I can have my young nieces and nephews (about 5 of them) come over and use the swimming pool. The front desk sounded aghast that I even had to ask. He said, "Of course! You are allowed guests here! Please have them come over for breakfast even and dinner." (And the hotel provides free breakfast and dinner during the week.)

My nieces and nephews had such a grand time, they asked if they may come again the next day. I said yes as that will be very convenient for me to spend time with them while their parents were at work and I didn't have to shuttle 5 kids around in our rented mini cooper :) The next day however there was an "Out of Service" sign posted in the pool area (probably chlorinating). The kids were so heartbroken. I didn't know what else to do with them so I let them wander about the hotel property (I felt it was safe enough in the hotel and the surrounding area to let them do that). They came back a few minutes later, very excited, saying they were given key passes to use the swimming pool in the next hotel over (a Marriott property). And they were munching on cookies the kitchen staff gave them to boot!

So I want to thank the hotel and their staff for their amazing service that created some wonderful memories for me and my family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear cvz1820,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and positive feedback. I am so pleased to hear not only how much you enjoyed our facility and amenities, but also how wonderful and accomodating our staff was. Our goal is to make our guest feel like this is there home away from home and I am so happy to hear they did that for you and your family. We did have some minor problems with our pool but I'm happy to report that they have been resolved. We are very grateful to our sister property next door for helping us out and allowing our guest to utilize their pool while ours was being treated. We look forward to you and your family coming to see us again in the future.

Rebecca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
St Ives
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our stay at the Homewood Suites Fresno far exceeded our expectations. The staff we so helpful, we had free breakfasts throughout our stay and complimentary dinner Monday thru Thursday. Dinner was super delicious and staff most welcoming. The interconnecting rooms were perfect for our family of 4. Spacious and super comfy all round. It was a perfect central location for our visits to the National Parks. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed there on the way to Yosemite. For some strange reason there was nobody at the desk for good 10 minutes just a security guy who looked at me as if i was to rob the place ;)
Once a person sowed up check i was smooth and easy. The room was nice, clean and cold. Their air blows either super cold or warm air. I don't like those under the window units as they are loud and blow cold air right on the sleeping person. The breakfast in the morning was quite OK. I'd say standard these days.
I'd stay there next time if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was our first visit to a Homewood Suites, but probably not our last.
The room was spacious, clean and well equipped, including a small kitchen area.
We arrived too late for the complimentary cocktail hour, but enjoyed the provided breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The entire staff were outstanding. There are three employees that I would like to commend: Jenifer-manager, Ernesto-front desk and Diane-our evening server. We have stayed at the Fresno Homewood Suites several times and we will be staying there again on June 29th. Again I would like to complement the entire staff at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Waco, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel is typical of Homewood Suites; attractive lobby/dining area, spacious rooms, well-stocked "store." However, this particular location had a couple of problems in my opinion: 1) I had to walk outside and around the building for the most direct path to my room; and 2) After a week in which I had 5 a.m. flights on three days, I had the opportunity to sleep until 8 a.m., but when I got to the lobby at 9:05, the staff already had put away the vast majority of the breakfast. Would have been nice to get something to eat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Carroll F,

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review on your most recent stay. I appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel facility and amenities. I understand the room you were assigned was not a desirable location for you. On your next visit we can place you in a room that is close to the lobby and doesn't require you to have to go outside to find it. I am very sorry to hear that we did not have breakfast still out at 9:05am. We can definitely add a little time for our guest who are able to take advantage of sleeping in on some days. I also want to mention that anytime you are unable to make it to our breakfast or evening reception during the hours of operation please let the front desk know and we will be more than happy to set aside a plate for you. We do hope you come and visit us again the next time you are in the Fresno area.

Huntington Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Large rooms. Clean hotel overall. Great staff, very welcoming and genuine. Cookies upon arrival! Complimentary breakfast & happy hour *beer and wine*. Gym is a little tiny but at least they have one. Strongly recommend for anyone coming in an out of Fresno.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Georgia M,

Thank you for all of your kind words and positive feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our large rooms and had a comfortable stay. I am glad you were also able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast as well as our evening reception. We greatly appreciate your strong recommendation and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Rebecca

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno? Share your experiences!