“Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Fresno, California
“Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We are fans, for sure!

We have been coming here regularly for about 4 1/2 years. We typically come a couple of times a month and stay one or two nights at a time. Our schedule is irregular and they work very graciously with us when we sometimes have to make last-minute reservations.

It has truly become our home away from home. We even have a favorite room - but . .. have stayed in several different rooms - and been pleased w/each one.

We love the location - close to the freeway to get to other locations and also other local shopping and dining via surface streets.

Having a kitchenette is great - you can eat in your room if you don't want to go out - we've used that several times for varying reasons over the years. The small, yet full-sized refrigerator with freezer is WONDERFUL - for food and refreezing our ice packs for travel.

Everything is always very clean. We like the bed - in fact I prefer it to ours at home!

The staff, from the front desk to the dining area (for breakfast and dinner alike), and housekeeping are so pleasant, friendly, and helpful, as needed. . The Eminence staff are always so pleasant, also - everyone has a smile and a greeting for you.

The manager here does a SUPER job with her staff; we have seen her in action. If you have good and happy staffing, it shows!

Breakfast is included - and they have oatmeal (w/toppings - brn. sugar, granola, raisins), muffins and other breads, juices, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereals, a couple hot egg dishes (e.g. - plain scrambled eggs and then something else - the other day it was an enchilada egg dish/casserole), potatoes, and bacon or sausage. The coffee is available all day - which my husband LOVES.

There is a pool also; While we have never used it, it is always sparkling clean.

The landscaping is always very fresh and we've never seen it and thought, "the gardener must be coming soon."

This is truly our home away from home. - 5 stars for all that it is for this type of establishment -

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is a solid place when visiting my extended family in North Fresno. The breakfast is just okay, but its an option. In the evening the staff seemed overworked and had trouble getting us extra sheets to make up an air matress for our son.

I've stayed here a few times. If it offered a place to plug in my electric car at something more than 110 volts (either a J1772 or super cheap NEMA 14-50 240 volt outlet) I would stay here every time. I'm hoping one of the North Fresno hotels will decide to offer this soon as Fresno is very short of these for the many electric cars in the Bay Area and Southern California that may visit Fresno overnight and need a charge to get back.

Green Features: The hotel really needs a way for electric car drivers to charge overnight. A cheap 240volt (NEMA 14-50) outlet would suffice, or a full J1772 car charging station would help out the most drivers.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Diamond Bar, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

For the price I've paid, I expect better breakfast and better service. Breakfast They served fresh made burger, cereal, juices. I hope they add hot cereal and a little bit more options in the future. Bed We checked in at night. The whole hotel only have one manager and a security on duty. We asked for couple pillows, a blanket, and a flat sheet. After about 40 minutes later, the security guy brought us 3 decorative pillows and some pillowcases. We have to tolerate because it was midnight already. My husband didn't sleep tight that night because the bed is too soft. Every time my son moved, he woke up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

El Portal, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

great location, mon-fri dinner and beer/wine before bed.

great hot free breakfast

pretty quiet place

I like hilton , but homewood takes the cake

dont know why it has to bee 200 characters but i will try

Room Tip: its fresno so away from 41 might be a good idea
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Homewood suites Fresno. The room was very nice and I enjoyed the pool table downstairs, I wanted to thank Diane who went out of her way to make the managers reception very nice.

I would like to stay here more often but this hotel is sold out often.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HtlMngr, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear beach942,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your glowing feedback on the cleanliness of your suite and how you enjoyed the billiards room. We appreciate you sharing your comments about Diana. She is a wonderful hostess and really cares about her guest. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the near future.
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a nice clean business hotel of the extended stay variety. My dissatisfaction was with the proximity of my bed to Herndon Street and the morning traffic noise. I had asked for a quiet room on my Hilton Honers reservation, and the young man at the front desk gave me a room on the wing of the hotel which sits a few feet from a maor highway, Herndon Street. I requested another room the following morning, but since the new room wasn't ready unitl after 11, and I had to leave for the day, I had to wait until the next morning, when I stayed in the hotel late just to make the room move. The hotel has three sides, with only one interior hall entrance to the lobby. In other words, you need to walk outside and around to get to the lobby, which is no fun in the dark when you're seaarching for your morning breakfast / coffee. The cleaning staff and front desk personnel were all nice, with the exception of the young man who checked me in on the late shift, but I already told you that you didn't bother to read my reservation request..

Room Tip: Don't except the room next to Herndon Street because of the morning rush hour traffic noise. On...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear William N,

We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and comments regarding your most recent stay. We understand that the Herndon side of the hotel is not your desired location but we do have some guest that actually requests this side of our hotel. We do try and meet all our guest request and comments prior to arriving to the property so we do apologize if your request were not met. We thank you for staying with us and hope that you visit us again in the near future.

Serina Najar
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The reservation process and check in was easy, room was very clean, staff very friendly, food great! Whole experience was great. Would definitely stay again. Entrance to parking lot was a little tricky, but it looked temporary.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your feedback and very glad you enjoyed your stay. We sure hope you visit us on your next trip to Fresno.

Serina Najar

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno? Share your experiences!