“good choice” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   330 East Fir Ave, Fresno, CA 93720   |
Ranked #1 of 65 hotels in Fresno
“good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

we stayed there for the night when we took a flight from las vegas to fresno in order to continue to yosemite. it was nice clean, nice people at the front desk not expensive !!! breakfast is sufficient and lots of parking space

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Springfield, oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times, and always had a great experience - until now. I had a 4 night business stay scheduled, so bumped up to a 2 room suite (I usually stay in a regular king room). After a very long drive, I got to the room only to find that the wall mounted A/C controllers didn't work (there are 2 in the suite, and neither worked). I called the front desk and they quickly came up to show me how to manually control the A/C units - the wall mounts don't work. The next morning, I set my laptop up on the desk to get some work done before meeting clients. The desk lamp didn't work. I sat in the desk chair and nearly fell to the ground, one arm fell off the chair. The bathroom is equipped with a nice lighted magnifying mirror - broken. The blow dryer is mounted to the wall with a single screw in the drywall - I didn't notice is was barely hanging there and it completely fell off the wall when I tried to use it. The satellite (DirecTV) box in the bedroom doesn't work. The Wi-Fi signal is very weak, and tends to disappear. I resorted to using my phone for a hot spot (hate to use my data plan). I actually pick up a neighboring hotel's Wi-Fi clearer than La Quinta's. My key card had to be reset two different times as I was locked out of the room.
The room is clean - I have no complaints about that. The staff is friendly and helpful. But it's like every device in the room is broken or questionable, and there has been no effort to fix things. There are several comparable hotels in the area and my next trip will be to one of those.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fontana, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were about to go to bed when my wife noticed something on the it was a TICK! We called the night attendant and she came up to the room and saw it. She informed us that she would need to contact the manager. We waited in the room afraid to leave anything on the floor or the bed. After some time the attendant arrived back and they gave us another room. We thought that the room was going to be 100% better it wasn't there wasn't any more TICKS but we were DISAPPOINTED. As we were going to check out nothing was mentioned about adjusting our bill, again we were DISAPPOINTED

Room Tip: Make sure you check your bedding
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Erica E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
This is an unfortunate incident that occurred during your stay and for that we are truly sorry. Reports of this nature are taken very seriously and we have taken every precaution to ensure our guest continue to receive the exceptional service that La Quinta has been known for. Please be assured that we have addressed and eliminated this rare occurrence. Our guests' satisfaction and trust in LaQuinta is our top priorities. We apologize for any discomfort this may have caused you and your family. I hope you give us another opportunity to better serve you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your last stay with us.

Erica Turner
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

They upgraded us to a suite as the regular room was not yet available when we checked in. Super nice room, comfortable bed, quiet location. Nice touches included a Kerug coffee maker and higher end toiletries than I would have expected at a La Quinta. Staff was friendly and helpful. Loads of restaurants within walking distance or a short ride. Grounds were beautifully decorated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Who knew that La Quinta had a really nice suite hotel in Fresno! My husband and I stayed in a two-room king suite at a very good rate where the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. There was also a very large bathroom with two access doors. My only quibble was that the sofa in the living room wasn't super comfortable. Other than that, it was great. Front desk people were professional and breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark? Share your experiences!