Stayed here while visiting Seqouia and Kings Canyon National Parks. From the hotel, it's about a one-hour drive to the front gates of Kings Canyon via hwy 180.
All common areas and rooms in this hotel are clean and well-maintained. I haven't visited Fresno before, but this location seems to be on the "better" side of town, close to the newer-looking River Park shopping center. As a Priority Club (platinum) member, I received some snacks and water bottles upon check-in, which was nice. The included breakfast here has a good variety of hot foods, like eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy, cinnamon rolls, and pancakes from a pancake machine.
Like some other people have said, this location is close to the highway. We stayed in a room facing the highway and none of us had trouble falling asleep, but others may find the noise distracting. The beds and pillows are also a bit too soft/lumpy for me, but I prefer firm mattresses, so YMMV. The in-room wi-fi only covered about 50% of the room; while sitting on the bed on the far side of the room, I was unable to get a consistent signal. Rooms on the front side of the hotel, facing away from the highway, may have better reception.
The mini-fridge in our room was not cold. We talked to the front desk guy after coming back at night, and he called us later and said the facilities manager wasn't on-site, but he could fix it for us tomorrow. They didn't try to contact us any further, but the fridge was cold after we came back the following night, so we were unsure if it was actually fixed or it just took an entire day to turn cold.
In summary, I would say my stay was good but not great.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41
- Holiday Inn Express Fresno
- Holiday Inn Fresno
- Fresno Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno-River Park is conveniently located near the River Park shopping center. Just around the corner from restaurants such as the PF Chang's, Ruth's Chris, Famous Dave's, Slate's and more. We are minutes away from the Big Fresno Fair, SaveMart Center, the Grizzly Stadium, Fresno State University, Old Town Clovis and downtown Fresno. Easy on and off highway access. Hotel features include free high-speed Internet access, print on demand, free hot breakfast, a business & fitness center, guest laundry facility, and pay-per-view. Our prime location in Fresno will put you near famous attractions like Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Millerton and Bass Lake and casinos. Close to our Holiday Inn Express - Fresno, is also Children's Hospital, Kaiser Permanente, St. Agnes, Wells Fargo Corporate, and more. Visit Fresno, CA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Riverpark hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.