“Don't stay here if you expect to have a bathtub!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7115 N. Howard St., Fresno, CA 93720   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Don't stay here if you expect to have a bathtub!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We have stayed at Express hotels all over the country and have found them to offer a sense of luxury for a reasonable price. We were excited to book the Riverpark hotel in Fresno as it was brand new...What a let down! Don't get me wrong, it is new and it is clean, but something is just plain missing when compared to other Holiday Inn Express hotels, It is just not up to par. The fit and finish and sense of quality is lacking and the lack of a bathtub is inexcusable. Later in the week, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Rancho Cucamongo in California. What a difference! It was much nicer overall and the service was outstanding! All at about $30.00 les than the Fresno Hotel. I'm not saying that you should take a pass on this hotel, just know before you book that it isn't dressy like other hotels in this chain.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
smman, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Hello and thank you for your review. I do apologize you not pleased with your stay at the Holiday Inn Express but I do understand the need for a bathtub. Our hotel must be up to Holiday Inn Express standard or we are not able to represent such a great brand. Our location has both walk in showers and shower tub combos. The majority of our guest requests the walk in showers and on occasion, we have request for bathtubs. Prior to checking in, please have your request submitted to our reservation department so we may have the chance to accommodate your needs. With each location, some of the décor of the hotel will match its surroundings. Do to the amount of corporate people traveling to our area, the majority of the hotels will have walk in showers. Please keep this in mind when making future reservation. I do hope you would give us another chance to prove we are able to accommodate your request.
Andrew Alvarez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We spent only one night at this hotel, as an overnight stop prior to driving to Yosemite national Park. We arrived at Fresno VERY LATE at 11pm due to our American Airlines flight being delayed for 2 hours. (Initially we booked a room at the Holiday Inn, Fresno airport but we cancelled that booking after reading all the horrible reviews of that hotel, and then booked a room at this Holiday Inn instead).
Due to the late hour, we took a taxi to the Hotel (Hotel is about 11 miles north of the airport). Check in was speedy and efficient. The room was large, clean and well maintained. Complimentary breakfast was included. We thought that it would only be a continental breakfast but we were pleasantly surprised to find that it was a hot breakfast, with scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes included! After breakfast, we picked up our hire car and drove to the Yosemite National Park. Overall, a pleasant overnight stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear you had a great visit to the central valley while in California. Thank you for your comments with the Holiday Inn Express River Park. With so many great hotels in the area, we are happy to provide superior service at a great value such as our hot breakfast with our pancake maker. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Very convenient location close to shopping, restaurants and highway. Staff very helpfull.
Breakfast till 9AM weekdays has a nice selection to choose from. Swimming Pool outside with Jacuzzi.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Oakland, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We found the room was quite large, enough room for 2 adult and 2 kids to space out. The room has a small sitting area next to the the beds that is large enough for sofa love seat and table in addition to the regular TV stand and desk set. There is a second sink in the room next to a microwave and mini-fridge, so you can eat in if you so desire. Unfortunately although there is the RiverPark Mall nearby, there is no local supermarket.

Standard chain hotel breakfast, mostly microwaved eggs and such, standard display of muffins and such. There is an IHop across the street and a Chili's a block away.

The Hotels is next to HWY 41, so try and get a room on the side that faces the main entrance on Howard St if you are noise sensitive.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Corning, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

We were in Fresno on business and we've stayed here before. We were upgraded to a larger room because we are Priority Club Platinum. Staff is friendly and helpful. They were busy and the breakfast staff had a little trouble keeping up with demand but she did the best she could (perhaps they should have had a second person given they were so busy). The location was convenient to where we needed to go. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
We are happy to hear you had a great visit to the central valley while in Fresno. Thank you for your comments with the Holiday Inn Express River Park. With so many great hotels in the area, we are happy to provide superior service at a great value. We did bring on new front desk clearks to continue our service needs and do our best to make sure our guest are comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Camarillo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I was appalled to read the last review dated in February, this location does not deserve such a terrible review. This is my second stay at this HI Express while on business in the Fresno area. The staff is friendly and if you are a Priority member they offer you a bottle of water and snack. I travel up and down California for business and this is one of the few HI Express locations that offers that service. As well, the staff is helpful in offering restaurant suggestions and where to find the local Starbucks.

When I travel I look for safety, where is the facility located. I will pay more to stay in a area when it comes to feeling safe. This location is safe whereby I do not feel uneasy when returning late in the evening from the events of the day. It is in a semi-industrial area with other similar hotels across the street. As well, the hotel is by Hwy 41 and if situated in a room with the Fwy view do not be alarmed, it is fairly quiet. Yes, one can barely hear the noise of road traffic during the busier hours. My two stays were both rooms facing the freeway and I slept just fine.

The River Park shopping mall is a short driving distance from the hotel, offering first rate shopping and dining.

The hotel is is good condition; however, I am starting to see signs of wear and tear that if not addressed will become larger problems that will cause poor reviews. My room was comfortable, as I mentioned minor maintenance issues in that room are not an issue right now; however, may become a problem later.

Overall if a traveler wants to stay at a decent place, with reasonable pricing, and a friendly staff then this HI Express is a wise choice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

This is the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I am canceling my Priority Club membership as I do not ever intend to stay at a Holiday Inn again. There was one problem after another. The second day of my stay, the room key did not work. I had to go back down to the desk where they told me I had reserved only one night. I had to insist that they check my reservation and they found that I was there for three nights. The next day, I asked for new sheets in the morning as I felt that they were itchy. I returned to my room at 4 pm. The room had not been cleaned. I had to call and request for the room to be cleaned, wait for a call back, and then then asked me to wait downstairs for them to clean the room. I would have expected that it would not have taken all day for my room to be cleaned. I called before booking the reservation and asked about the fitness center. I was told that it was available. When I tried to use it, it is in a very small room, the treadmill bed is so small that you can barely run on it, there is no ventilation in the room and it smelled so heavily of air freshener that it is overwhelming. Last night, even with new sheets, I still felt some itchiness. Looking in the sheets, I found a black bug, that looked like a flea. There are definitely bites on my legs from something from the bed. With each issue, I have spoken to the person at the front desk for every issue. They did not seem overly concerned. The carpet also was dirty and looked as if it had not been vacuumed in a while. I have a photo of it. Overall, it was a terrible stay. I think Holiday Inn should be embarrassed to have this hotel represent their name.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Hello and thank you for you review. I did inspect the room once I heard of your concern and found no insect of any sort in the room, bed, mattress or surrounding rooms. We also insisted on having our pest control inspect the room and entire facility to assure this does not happen again. I do apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused. In speaking with the GM, he has addressed the concern matter with all of our Front Desk agents be more proactive with guest concerns. As you can see from many of our reviews, our guest rave about service and cleanliness as we do our best to provide great service. I do hope you will give another stay to prove we are one of the superior choses for North Fresno.
Regional Director of Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41

Address: 7115 N. Howard St., Fresno, CA 93720
Location: United States > California > Fresno
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Business Hotel in Fresno
#6 Family Hotel in Fresno
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno-River Park is conveniently located near the River Park shopping center. Just around the corner from restaurants such as the PF Chang's, Ruth's Chris, Famous Dave's, Slate's and more. We are minutes away from the Big Fresno Fair, SaveMart Center, the Grizzly Stadium, Fresno State University, Old Town Clovis and downtown Fresno. Easy on and off highway access. Hotel features include free high-speed Internet access, print on demand, free hot breakfast, a business & fitness center, guest laundry facility, and pay-per-view. Our prime location in Fresno will put you near famous attractions like Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Millerton and Bass Lake and casinos. Close to our Holiday Inn Express - Fresno, is also Children's Hospital, Kaiser Permanente, St. Agnes, Wells Fargo Corporate, and more. Visit Fresno, CA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Riverpark hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41
Holiday Inn Express Fresno
Holiday Inn Fresno
Fresno Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.