“Rated #1 and I can see why!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #409 of 1,018 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Chinese, Vegetarian
Bethlehem, Pa
“Rated #1 and I can see why!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I visit family here in Fresno yearly our one first stop is always at Shanghai Chinese Restaurant.
Lots of food at a great price. They have this awesome Chinese chicken salad in half and whole orders. it's a must to start your meal with. This is one of the things I look very forward to on our visit.

Last night the 4 of us ordered a whole order of chicken salad, orange chicken, walnut shrimp, sweet and sour pork, fried shrimp, white rice and pork fried rice.. We all tried a little of everything. For all this food our bill was around 75.00 and we brought home 4 to go containers!

Just an FYI everything does have to be ordered separately. We ordered white rice for 4 people.
The meals do not automatically come with rice.

The food is great quality and the service very good. They also do a great take out service.
They do have a bar for alcoholic drinks. Also I noticed on my way out they have some great sounding desserts like chocolate lava cake and other cakes that you wouldn't normally see at a Chinese restaurant. I'm always too full to get dessert but maybe next time I will save some room to give it a try!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Arizona
“Lame!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went in this place to have some food and they wanted to charge me a lot of money for RICE. I paid for my beer and left. $3 to $8 for rice or noodles is a joke. Skip it and go to Tahoe Joe's.

Visited December 2012
Los Banos
“Good food, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Going back next time we are in Fresno. Had one of the best Chinese Chicken salads EVER!!!!! Might even get another "to go" Yum!!

Visited August 2012
Fresno, California
“Chinese Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

All your food is great, love the chinese chicken salad

Visited May 2012
Fresno, California, United States
“Great Family-Style Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

It's got great food, I recommend going there as opposed to most of the Chinese restaurants in Fresno. Thing is, it used to be much better, years ago. It's still great, but it was once THE best.

Visited April 2012