“Pasta, Pasta, Pasta!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Palm Springs
“Pasta, Pasta, Pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

A few years ago I told my partner that he should go to Parma when he was in Fresno on a business trip. I had found some good reviews online and he loves Italian food. He came back with a glowing review of the restaurant.

This past January I accompanied him on another trip to Fresno and got to experience Parma myself. It had moved from the location my partner had dined at, but he still thought the food was great. We both had the fresh tri-pasta special that came with a house salad. The salad was super crisp with a light house dressing, and the pastas were all delicious. They melted in your mouth along with the warm bread and butter. The price was sooo reasonable for the quality of the food.

My only critique would be that the wines by the glass were both a dollar more than the menu price, and the bolognese pasta was slightly crunchy. Otherwise, this was a delightful meal with good service in a lovely atmosphere. The Italian owner chatted with us on the way out, and we told her that we would definitely be back next time in Fresno.

Okinawa, Japan
“No complaints, will go back when I can”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was visiting family in Fresno for my birthday and chose to eat here for my birthday dinner after reading a few reviews. At first I didn't want to, only because it sounded very upscale and not baby-friendly and I had my baby with me. However, we had a wonderful dinner at Parma. The restaurant was clean, well-decorated and quiet. We were offered a quiet area in the restaurant and the waiter apologized for not having any high chairs. Baby-friendly or not, the waiters (and owner) were all very kind and didn't give us any trouble, instead they talked to him and seemed quite happy to see him. The food was delicious. It seemed like it took a while but I imagine that any tasty dish takes time to prepare so I didn't mind. They kept bringing out more bread and butter, and our water glasses never emptied. I chose the manager's special (or whatever it's called), which came with an assortment of pieces as an appetizer, 3 different pastas, as well as a dessert of my choice. The appetizer assortment was insane. It was artfully displayed and all of it was very good. I enjoyed 2 out of 3 of the pastas, the third was well-prepared but not my kind of pasta I guess. I have never had authentic Italian before but I thought it was great. And the desserts were fabulous. My family ordered different ones and we tasted them all, they were just great! Beautifully displayed and very tasty. The manager kept checking on us, not enough to annoy though. She was even kind enough to hand my baby a book to look at. I was very pleased with this restaurant. While I really don't know many people in Fresno and I live out of the country, I will be sure to recommend to anyone visiting the area. I will also come back for dinner the next time I am in town! 5 stars.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“Outstanding meals, well prepared and always delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The proprietor, Elena Mastro, welcomes all to her restaurant as if she was welcoming you to her home. The menu offerings are varied and every meal we have enjoyed is well prepared and presented. The staff is attentive, without hovering. This is an excellent choice for authentic Italian food. I've been with friends and family and all plan to return..

Los Angeles, California
“Best Italian Restaurant on Fresno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I like their house Chianti, fresh parmasean, and breadsticks. The gnocchi is fresh, light, and excellent; better than Italy. Their food is fresh. There is no fish on the menu since the owner will not serve fish that was frozen. If you want fish, the owner will buy it fresh if you call one day in advance of your visit. That is great service and assurance that the food is fresh. Bravo!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madera, California
“best Italian in Fresno”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went for our anniversary. The food was excellent, and the service was friendly and welcoming. It is easily the best Italian in Fresno. The Gnocchi was nearly perfect and the Agnolotti was as close to Italy as you can get without being there. Well worth the moderately high price (for Fresno). Absolutely will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Parma? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Parma, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.