“Glad they are back.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Glad they are back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

After experiencing a decline in food quality after the sale of Tahoe Joe's my recent visits have confirmed they have returned to very good quality and service worthy of another visit.

Visited September 2013

Fresno, California, USA
“Had a Wonderful meal, but Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Cannot say enough about the service, from the front door welcome to the server and waiter make our Birthday for my wife complete. Our food was hot one time, our table of 5 were pleased. To complete the meal and to my surprise a HUGH slab to Cheese Cake was given to my wife and a round of Happy Birthday. Thank you Tahoe Joes.

Visited October 2013
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

pretty standard steakhouse. the steaks were top notch but everything else was pre packaged and pretty tasteless. it has a nice atmosphere and the service was good.

Visited July 2013
Morgan Hill, California
“A pleasant surprise in Clovis, CA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A group from my son's high school baseball team ate here last Friday night after a late game. When 13 of us showed up at almost 10:00pm, the staff eagerly greeted us and accomodated our large group. The restaurant was only about 25% full at the time. Next, we asked our waiter, Pierce, for separate checks, and again this was not a problem. The oustanding service continued throughout the meal. Although I was not very hungry I ordered chicken nachos thinking it would be a smaller meal, and I was wrong! They were more than I could eat and were loaded with chicken, cheese, gauc. and other toppings. Very good! My son had prime rib and it too was delicious. Some of the parents had the clam chowder and said it was the best they ever toasted. The cook their steaks on an almond wood fire, and one of the boys was allergic to nuts, so they gladly roasted his steak on a gas grill they use to cook fish. We were impressed with every element of the visit, and I highly recommed this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“Good early dinner -- Quiet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had graduation duty, and we had to catch an early dinner. We had the Railroad Camp Shrimp for a starter, which was tasty as usual. This time I tried the Twin Filets (medium -- was like butter; Gorgonzola topping a plus); and my wife had the Virginia City Filet. The sides we chose this time were: rice (moist, tasty, with veggies); and a veggie side (green beans, accented with bacon; and not over-cooked). We both had enough to take a nice snack home (NO, we're not OLD -- just trying to eat sensibly before ).

Sometimes a mid/late afternoon dinner can result in under-staffed, poor service (shift change, who knows??). This was NOT a problem here. The added bonus for this popular (sometimes boisterous) eatery at this time of day -- great service; and it's quiet enough for a nice couple dinner and leisurely conversation.

• Visited June 2013