“A pleasant surprise in Clovis, CA” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Morgan Hill, California
“A pleasant surprise in Clovis, CA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A group from my son's high school baseball team ate here last Friday night after a late game. When 13 of us showed up at almost 10:00pm, the staff eagerly greeted us and accomodated our large group. The restaurant was only about 25% full at the time. Next, we asked our waiter, Pierce, for separate checks, and again this was not a problem. The oustanding service continued throughout the meal. Although I was not very hungry I ordered chicken nachos thinking it would be a smaller meal, and I was wrong! They were more than I could eat and were loaded with chicken, cheese, gauc. and other toppings. Very good! My son had prime rib and it too was delicious. Some of the parents had the clam chowder and said it was the best they ever toasted. The cook their steaks on an almond wood fire, and one of the boys was allergic to nuts, so they gladly roasted his steak on a gas grill they use to cook fish. We were impressed with every element of the visit, and I highly recommed this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fresno, California
“Good early dinner -- Quiet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had graduation duty, and we had to catch an early dinner. We had the Railroad Camp Shrimp for a starter, which was tasty as usual. This time I tried the Twin Filets (medium -- was like butter; Gorgonzola topping a plus); and my wife had the Virginia City Filet. The sides we chose this time were: rice (moist, tasty, with veggies); and a veggie side (green beans, accented with bacon; and not over-cooked). We both had enough to take a nice snack home (NO, we're not OLD -- just trying to eat sensibly before ).

Sometimes a mid/late afternoon dinner can result in under-staffed, poor service (shift change, who knows??). This was NOT a problem here. The added bonus for this popular (sometimes boisterous) eatery at this time of day -- great service; and it's quiet enough for a nice couple dinner and leisurely conversation.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not so cheap special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Had early dinner, and when seated noticed picture on the table of lobster
& a filet, there special. Order it to split with my wife. She likes the filet and me the lobster. When served, WOW smallest tail I have been served in memory. Wife enjoyed the filet, but lobster was sub par. And in the $30.00 range, terrible.
JC

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carmel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tahoe Joe Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have never been disappointed with lunch or dinner here. The prices are reasonable for what you get-great, tender steaks, yummy vegetables, tempting desserts.

Visited August 2012
Fresno, California
“Good for lunch, too.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We tried T-J's for lunch, and were pleasantly surprised. Service is prompt. We got the Shrimp app -- quite good-- and steak lunch plates. You get good value, and the lunch servings are not skimpy. At dinner the noise level can get fairly high, and we've sometimes gone elsewhere for a quieter meal. This time the atmosphere was quite nice. If you haven't been there, T-J's has a "mountain" theme befitting its name.

Visited November 2012