“great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Stafford, United States
“great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had come to fresno to take my board exam. The hotel was great. The bed was extra comfortable, convenient location right off the highway.I thought it was too pricey though, everything for fairly simple so I didn't think it was worth the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Novato, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Rooms smell - I will not stay there again! Watch out they always try and give the handicap rooms and say the are full - I heard the same thing 3 weeks in a row. I travel for busines every week - pretty slick

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Diane T,

I’m so very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. Unclean rooms are not typcial at our hotel and I can assure you I will be following up with the appropriate staff members. I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us another chance if your travels bring you back to our area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss your experience further. I truly appreciate your feedback and wish you safe travels in the future.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very friendly and helpful service by everyone I encountered. Room was spacious, clean and modern. Small details like free Internet, water bottle, and a decent morning breakfast are appreciated. Bed was comfortable enough with a little note saying that the comforter and all sheets had been washed. Forgot my charger and the hotel contacted me to send it back out. I'd definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Oakland,ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I was booked by my travel department for one night at the Hampton Inn. Since I was traveling to Fresno, I didn't expect it to be so nice. The room was very clean and well furnished. The complimentary internet, wine reception, and hot breakfast were all real bonuses for the business traveler.

The service was great, from the greeting at the front desk, the food workers, all the way to check out.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Friendly, professional staff. Very clean room and all amenities on premises. Room offered quiet retreat with great/very comfortable mattress. Nice refreshing swimming pool with towel service. Freeway close location without the noise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I regularly stay in Hilton chain hotels of all types on business and holidays. My family and I only stayed one night in Fresno on our way back from Yosemite National Park. The receptionist was warm and friendly and very accommodating. This chain of hotels stands for a certain price point but only once have I ever had an issue with a Hampton hotel. The hotel was clean and tidy,with staff working hard to keep it that way,it was relatively noise free as it is away from the highway but not buried in a maze of retail units. The internet was fully functioning and a decent speed. The breakfasts were the normal mix of pre mixed eggs and other hot foods, pastries and breads and fresh fruit which is always a nice touch in the US. I was in this hotel for less than 12 hours but I'm happy to report that it lived up to the Hampton brand expectations.

Room Tip: Get a room at the rear of the hotel, doesn't face the highway , go for the end of the halls, awa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Jonathan Y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience here at our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and I'm so happy to hear that we provided you with the high level of service and accommodations you have come to expect from the Hampton brand. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Yosemite National Park and we look forward to hosting your family here in Fresno for future stays.

Warm Regards,
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was taking my son to summer camp and needed to spend the night in Fresno. I looked at all hotels in the area and this was the lowest price of this category. The location was decent and we were very pleased with the hotel. Lobby was clean with beverages (water, coffee, tea) available all day. Front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. My favorite thing was that they wash the duvet covers after each guest's stay. No gross bed covers! Room was clean and fresh, bathroom was clean. Surprisingly nice towels in the bathroom as well as nice large pool towels. Breakfast was more than ample with a variety of choices. One emplyoyee in particular (didn't get his name) seemed to be everywhere in the hotel working his behind off. He was cleaning up spills in the dining area, changing out the pool towel bins, emptying garbage, etc. The following week, we stayed at another Hampton about 6 miles away, because it was cheaper. Big mistake. Awful location between highway 99 and the train tracks. If you are deciding between the two, choose this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Heather T,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all that we have to offer, and that your experiences with the staff were so positive. I agree that we have wonderful employees who truly care about our guests. We do indeed wash our duvet covers with every stay and we pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our rooms. Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing our hotel for your needs in Fresno. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Warm Regards,
nicki.passeggi@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno? Share your experiences!