“Absolutely wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Whitehall, Wisconsin, United States
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I just want to say thank you for an exceptional stay. For the 2nd year in a row, a group of us from Wisconsin (this year 30 of us) stayed at your marvelous hotel. Every part of it was great. Some remodeling had taken place since last year which made it even better. The food is great and there is so much of it! There is an excellent breakfast with great variety. There is a happy hour Monday through Thursday with more great food, plus free beer and wine. Wow! If one needs to take off in a hurry, there is even a breakfast to go. There are hot chocolate chip cookies every afternoon and coffee is always available. If there was a problem, it was that i gained weight over the two weeks of our stay! The staff was there to help us in every way possible. We used the meeting room numerous times and were provided pitchers of water. The computer was there for our use as was the printer. Due to our large number and our extended stay, you gave us wonderful rates on the rooms. I cannot thank you enough for all of your kindnesses to us. We will certainly be back next year if you will have us. Thanks again!!! Deb PS The pool and hot tub were also a highlight (imagine swimming outdoors in January!)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here so that we could be closer to Yosemite in the morning. I have to say that is was a very pleasant surprise! The hotel is beautiful, clean and friendly. The happy hour and snacks a nice treat, warm cookies in the evening and breakfast is fabulous. There was a post it note on the headboard saying that the duvet covers were clean for our arrival. I had never seen this before and since I always ask for an extra sheet to cover the bedding with, it was very much appreciated. They have a clean coin op laundry room that we took advantage of, too. There isn't anything else that you could ask for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear EasternPATraveler,

Thank you for all the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are so glad you decided to stay with us on your way to Yosemite and I hope you had a great time visiting the park. Our evening reception is definitely a guest favorite and I'm happy you were able to take advantage of it. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Thank you again for your review!

Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

First time in Fresno and the hotel was centrally located to where I needed to go. The interiors were fresh and well kept up. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was well appointed, clean and had great water pressure. The bed was great and slept wonderfully. Wi-Fi was complementary as was a bottle of water in the refrigerator in my room. Breakfast was well stocked and had a nice variety.

This is definitely where my firm will book rooms when visiting on business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear bdmaustin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here at our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback, and I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities, the cleanliness, and our wonderful staff. We are indeed in a good central location and would love to host your company's guests on a regular basis. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in setting up a corporate rate. We look forward to having you back soon!

559-447-5900 x 525
Kingsburg, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love Fresno Hampton! I stay here often because it's the best! They are the best staff of all hotels anywhere. Absolutely wonderful! They use your name and treat you like a friend. I feel so at home here. The rooms always immaculate. Bed is so comfy and clean and yummy. I love all white bedding so I can see it's clean! No stains on the carpets, just nice and clean. If you forget anything they try to find it for you. The breakfast guys are awesome as well. I don't care for the breakfast....but the yogurts good and always waffles fruit, juices, muffins, as well as entree. I LOVE the coffee. Ok the creamer! Vanilla! Yummm! Regular also for the less fun;) it's also right near everything. Great location!
Sometimes when they're too full I stay elsewhere...always pay more and am so disappointed. I will always come here first! You'll love it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Kelly B,

I would like to thank you personally for writing a review about your frequent experiences here at our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you continue to enjoy the rooms and our customer service. We truly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to sharing your comments with the rest of our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your continued business!

Asisstant General Manager
Pacific Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just completed a nice stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno. When I arrived and it was 90 degrees, the most important thing to me was a functioning air conditioner. Thankfully my room had awesome AC and it kept me cool throughout the night. I did not require much for my stay outside of a safe, clean, quiet room and that is exactly what I got. My king size bed was super comfortable and I never heard any noise which was nice. Customer service was always welcoming, polite and professional. Enjoyed my stay and would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Geoggirl,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites for your hotel needs in Fresno and I wish you safe travels in the future.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

What is a hotel expected to be? Clean, friendly, and a good experience. The most costly hotels that money can buy cannot provide all of the expectations just because you pay alot of money.
Spirit of the hotel and attention to details can provide these things, The Hampton Inn in Fresno has spirit......and they pay attention to details. They were going through a renovation when I stayed there, however, spirit was bursting at the seams. From the front desk clerk to the housekeeper...smiles and a helpful spirit was found. Many nights the manger had a Bar-B-que free to the guest. One night they had ribs and all of the fixings.
A good experience is what i had while i stayed at their hotel. I would stay there any time renovation or not.
Mike Smith

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Mike Smith,

I am delighted to hear about the wonderfully positive experience you had while staying at our hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback. We take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, as well as the spirit of our staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed the BBQ evening receptions we had while the construction was going on. And I am excited to report that our remodel is complete! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.

Assistant General Manager
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed overnight at this Hampton Inn which was going through construction down the hallways and specific rooms/area. Hotel served a BBQ of burgers and hot dogs during happy hours time with wine and beer available. Also had chips and potato salad to make this a meal for those who desired this. We enjoyed this small snack before going out to dinner. Rooms where clean, contemporary and good size, however the room did have a distinctive odor initially upon entering room.. Breakfast was the highlight. It had scrambled eggs,seasoned diced potatoes, and polish sausages for the hot food buffet line. You can make your own belgium waffle. There were selections of cereal boxes, hot oatmeal with dried fruits of cranberries and bluerries and honey roasted sliced almonds!!! There was also assorted muffins and breads to select. There was yogurt cups and hard boiled eggs for those who did not want the scrambled eggs. There was a bowl of cut fruits consisting of melons and pineapples. There was also fresh fruits in the back near the microwave of bananas and apples. If you did not have time to eat breakfast, the lobby had breakfast brown bags of food items to grab and go. Surprising the breakfast here was better than usual for other hotels. Great location near restaurants and other hotels nearby - Springhill Suite , Holiday Inn Express and Choice Hotel.
Was able to stay for under $ 100.

Room Tip: Request for top floor to be away from the construction.