“Met all my criteria” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Austin, TX
“Met all my criteria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

First time in Fresno and the hotel was centrally located to where I needed to go. The interiors were fresh and well kept up. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was well appointed, clean and had great water pressure. The bed was great and slept wonderfully. Wi-Fi was complementary as was a bottle of water in the refrigerator in my room. Breakfast was well stocked and had a nice variety.

This is definitely where my firm will book rooms when visiting on business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear bdmaustin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here at our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback, and I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities, the cleanliness, and our wonderful staff. We are indeed in a good central location and would love to host your company's guests on a regular basis. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in setting up a corporate rate. We look forward to having you back soon!

Nicki Passeggi, Assistant General Manager
559-447-5900 x 525

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kingsburg, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love Fresno Hampton! I stay here often because it's the best! They are the best staff of all hotels anywhere. Absolutely wonderful! They use your name and treat you like a friend. I feel so at home here. The rooms always immaculate. Bed is so comfy and clean and yummy. I love all white bedding so I can see it's clean! No stains on the carpets, just nice and clean. If you forget anything they try to find it for you. The breakfast guys are awesome as well. I don't care for the breakfast....but the yogurts good and always waffles fruit, juices, muffins, as well as entree. I LOVE the coffee. Ok the creamer! Vanilla! Yummm! Regular also for the less fun;) it's also right near everything. Great location!
Sometimes when they're too full I stay elsewhere...always pay more and am so disappointed. I will always come here first! You'll love it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Kelly B,

I would like to thank you personally for writing a review about your frequent experiences here at our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you continue to enjoy the rooms and our customer service. We truly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to sharing your comments with the rest of our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your continued business!

Asisstant General Manager
Pacific Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just completed a nice stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno. When I arrived and it was 90 degrees, the most important thing to me was a functioning air conditioner. Thankfully my room had awesome AC and it kept me cool throughout the night. I did not require much for my stay outside of a safe, clean, quiet room and that is exactly what I got. My king size bed was super comfortable and I never heard any noise which was nice. Customer service was always welcoming, polite and professional. Enjoyed my stay and would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Geoggirl,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites for your hotel needs in Fresno and I wish you safe travels in the future.

Nicki Passeggi, Assistant General Manager
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

What is a hotel expected to be? Clean, friendly, and a good experience. The most costly hotels that money can buy cannot provide all of the expectations just because you pay alot of money.
Spirit of the hotel and attention to details can provide these things, The Hampton Inn in Fresno has spirit......and they pay attention to details. They were going through a renovation when I stayed there, however, spirit was bursting at the seams. From the front desk clerk to the housekeeper...smiles and a helpful spirit was found. Many nights the manger had a Bar-B-que free to the guest. One night they had ribs and all of the fixings.
A good experience is what i had while i stayed at their hotel. I would stay there any time renovation or not.
Mike Smith

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Mike Smith,

I am delighted to hear about the wonderfully positive experience you had while staying at our hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback. We take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, as well as the spirit of our staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed the BBQ evening receptions we had while the construction was going on. And I am excited to report that our remodel is complete! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed overnight at this Hampton Inn which was going through construction down the hallways and specific rooms/area. Hotel served a BBQ of burgers and hot dogs during happy hours time with wine and beer available. Also had chips and potato salad to make this a meal for those who desired this. We enjoyed this small snack before going out to dinner. Rooms where clean, contemporary and good size, however the room did have a distinctive odor initially upon entering room.. Breakfast was the highlight. It had scrambled eggs,seasoned diced potatoes, and polish sausages for the hot food buffet line. You can make your own belgium waffle. There were selections of cereal boxes, hot oatmeal with dried fruits of cranberries and bluerries and honey roasted sliced almonds!!! There was also assorted muffins and breads to select. There was yogurt cups and hard boiled eggs for those who did not want the scrambled eggs. There was a bowl of cut fruits consisting of melons and pineapples. There was also fresh fruits in the back near the microwave of bananas and apples. If you did not have time to eat breakfast, the lobby had breakfast brown bags of food items to grab and go. Surprising the breakfast here was better than usual for other hotels. Great location near restaurants and other hotels nearby - Springhill Suite , Holiday Inn Express and Choice Hotel.
Was able to stay for under $ 100.

Room Tip: Request for top floor to be away from the construction.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear LCLee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the breakfast choices and the BBQ evening reception. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Happy travels!

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Strange experience and unusual for what's a very reliable brand. Stayed on the way out of Yosemite. They are doing renovation and reception/public areas absolute chaos. We were a bit taken a back. No apology at all - only vaguely hostile "you should have been told" and "it's for your benefit." Well we weren't and it certainly isn't for our benefit as living where we do we won't be regulars. Room keys didn't work - neither of them ... Back downstairs. No apology. Large "suite" room which means mini "kitchen" (microwave and fridge but no plates/cooking pots etc). Again odd - yellow post it notes on the headboards saying sheets and duvet were clean for us - are they sometimes not clean? Bathroom not usual Hampton Inn. Clean room, breakfast usual. We wouldn't stay here again though because there's plenty of choice nearby and the price (over $140 including tax) certainly wasn't a bargain.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Texastrips,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Please accept my most sincere apology for the inconveniences regarding the construction and your room keys. I completely understand your frustration and I can assure you that your comments will be shared with the appropriate staff members. Your feedback will be used as a helpful training tool during the last couple of weeks of our remodel. I truly thank you for your honesty and am happy to hear that you enjoyed the clean room and breakfast. If I can assist you further please don't hesitate to call me directly at (559) 447-5900 x525.

(559) 447-5900 x525
Nicki.Passeggi@hilton.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Made it here heading south from Yosemite on the way to Sequoia National Park. It was a great choice! The place was friendly, clean and comfortable. Lots of dining options nearby. Just what we needed in between Yosemite & Sequoia!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear TimeTraveler0123_10,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your travel needs in between Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the great restaurants nearby - we really do have some wonderful dining and entertainment options here in Fresno. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

559-447-5900
nicki.passeggi@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno? Share your experiences!