“Nice, quiet stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Pacific Grove, California
“Nice, quiet stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just completed a nice stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno. When I arrived and it was 90 degrees, the most important thing to me was a functioning air conditioner. Thankfully my room had awesome AC and it kept me cool throughout the night. I did not require much for my stay outside of a safe, clean, quiet room and that is exactly what I got. My king size bed was super comfortable and I never heard any noise which was nice. Customer service was always welcoming, polite and professional. Enjoyed my stay and would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Geoggirl,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites for your hotel needs in Fresno and I wish you safe travels in the future.

Nicki Passeggi, Assistant General Manager

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

What is a hotel expected to be? Clean, friendly, and a good experience. The most costly hotels that money can buy cannot provide all of the expectations just because you pay alot of money.
Spirit of the hotel and attention to details can provide these things, The Hampton Inn in Fresno has spirit......and they pay attention to details. They were going through a renovation when I stayed there, however, spirit was bursting at the seams. From the front desk clerk to the housekeeper...smiles and a helpful spirit was found. Many nights the manger had a Bar-B-que free to the guest. One night they had ribs and all of the fixings.
A good experience is what i had while i stayed at their hotel. I would stay there any time renovation or not.
Mike Smith

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Mike Smith,

I am delighted to hear about the wonderfully positive experience you had while staying at our hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback. We take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, as well as the spirit of our staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed the BBQ evening receptions we had while the construction was going on. And I am excited to report that our remodel is complete! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed overnight at this Hampton Inn which was going through construction down the hallways and specific rooms/area. Hotel served a BBQ of burgers and hot dogs during happy hours time with wine and beer available. Also had chips and potato salad to make this a meal for those who desired this. We enjoyed this small snack before going out to dinner. Rooms where clean, contemporary and good size, however the room did have a distinctive odor initially upon entering room.. Breakfast was the highlight. It had scrambled eggs,seasoned diced potatoes, and polish sausages for the hot food buffet line. You can make your own belgium waffle. There were selections of cereal boxes, hot oatmeal with dried fruits of cranberries and bluerries and honey roasted sliced almonds!!! There was also assorted muffins and breads to select. There was yogurt cups and hard boiled eggs for those who did not want the scrambled eggs. There was a bowl of cut fruits consisting of melons and pineapples. There was also fresh fruits in the back near the microwave of bananas and apples. If you did not have time to eat breakfast, the lobby had breakfast brown bags of food items to grab and go. Surprising the breakfast here was better than usual for other hotels. Great location near restaurants and other hotels nearby - Springhill Suite , Holiday Inn Express and Choice Hotel.
Was able to stay for under $ 100.

Room Tip: Request for top floor to be away from the construction.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear LCLee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the breakfast choices and the BBQ evening reception. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Happy travels!

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Strange experience and unusual for what's a very reliable brand. Stayed on the way out of Yosemite. They are doing renovation and reception/public areas absolute chaos. We were a bit taken a back. No apology at all - only vaguely hostile "you should have been told" and "it's for your benefit." Well we weren't and it certainly isn't for our benefit as living where we do we won't be regulars. Room keys didn't work - neither of them ... Back downstairs. No apology. Large "suite" room which means mini "kitchen" (microwave and fridge but no plates/cooking pots etc). Again odd - yellow post it notes on the headboards saying sheets and duvet were clean for us - are they sometimes not clean? Bathroom not usual Hampton Inn. Clean room, breakfast usual. We wouldn't stay here again though because there's plenty of choice nearby and the price (over $140 including tax) certainly wasn't a bargain.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Texastrips,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Please accept my most sincere apology for the inconveniences regarding the construction and your room keys. I completely understand your frustration and I can assure you that your comments will be shared with the appropriate staff members. Your feedback will be used as a helpful training tool during the last couple of weeks of our remodel. I truly thank you for your honesty and am happy to hear that you enjoyed the clean room and breakfast. If I can assist you further please don't hesitate to call me directly at (559) 447-5900 x525.

(559) 447-5900 x525
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Made it here heading south from Yosemite on the way to Sequoia National Park. It was a great choice! The place was friendly, clean and comfortable. Lots of dining options nearby. Just what we needed in between Yosemite & Sequoia!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear TimeTraveler0123_10,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your travel needs in between Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the great restaurants nearby - we really do have some wonderful dining and entertainment options here in Fresno. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

559-447-5900
Waterwood, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Hotel was under remodeling, and I knew that. My fault! Never go to a hotel that is so old it needs remodeling.
Desk clerk was not knowledgeable about Hilton programs, or even hotel room availabilities.
Manager's reception only offered one type of beer, and that was not on time.
Lot's of excuses and little results.
I will have to re-evaluate my connection with Hilton. Will only do this after communicating with Hilton HQs.
I believe this property is not representative of the HILTON chain.

Room Tip: Off the Hwy 99
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear WaterwoodRoadWarrior,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about your experience with us. We value and appreciate your honest feedback, as it is the best tool we have to assist in providing the highest level of comfort and service that our guests expect and deserve at a Hampton Inn. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the areas in which we fell short during your recent stay. I assure you your remarks have been shared with the appropriate staff members to ensure the incidents you've described will not happen again. We would be happy to look into additional drink options for our complimentary evening reception as well. I look forward to accommodating you in the future once our first floor remodel is complete and serving you with the excellence that you expect from a Hilton brand hotel. Again, I truly apologize for the inconveniences. Should you have any questions or require additional assistance please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

San Diego CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have stayed at this property a number of times, but not for the last 12 months. The hotel is always "up to" Hampton standards. We checked in late, around 10:30, but our room was waiting for us (but the cookies were not). The only issue was at breakfast time. There was a huge bus group staying at the hotel and they all descended on the breakfast at exactly the same time, so getting breakfast and finding a table was next to impossible. Staff mentioned that there was a secondary room where we could eat, but it was uninviting and across and down the hall. We waited for the room to clear and then got our breakfast. If I was the manager of this hotel, I would have set up the group in the room across the hall and left the breakfast room for the rest of the guests, rather than the other way around. I guess that the group was more important to the hotel because they took up so many rooms, but it left everyone else lost in the confusion. I will say that the staff was most accommodating as they tried their best to keep everyone happy. The hotel is easy to see from the road, but a bit hard to access due to center medians. Travelling east from the freeway, you have to pass the hotel and turn left on the next roadway and then pass the hotel, make another left and find your way in. A bit tricky.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear nadojeff,

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor, as your comments are extremely helpful in improving our guest experience. We appreciate your loyalty and your numerous stays here at our hotel in Fresno. I am actually responsible for booking the large groups, so I am terribly sorry to hear that it seemed the other guests were not as important. Please let me assure you that this is not the case, and with your feedback I will work hard to make sure this kind of situation does not happen again. I am happy to hear that the breakfast staff were friendly and accommodating in the midst of the rush. Again, I truly apologize for the inconvenience that morning and hope to be able to serve you in the future with the excellence you deserve at Hampton hotels. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can rectify your stay in any way.

Nicki.Passeggi@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno? Share your experiences!