“Childhood Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Fresno, California
“Childhood Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

This place is wonderful and awesome! I've been coming here since I was a little child with my parents and grandparents. I came here to have my prom and homecoming dinners when I was in high school quite a few years ago. My own daughter and her friends went there for her own homecoming dinner with their dates just a while ago. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone; it has great food, friendly staff, and a welcoming family environment. Advice: I like the chicken salad and orange chicken. Muy excelente! :)

70% Recommend
Costa Mesa, California
“I Love this Place So Much!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

I absolutely love this place and it's the best Chinese food in Fresno. I have been coming here since I was a child. My parents has been coming here since he was a child. My grandparents have been coming here since the 30's when it was called Jeung's Cafe (I think the name is correct from the stories). Anyways, according to my grandparents it had the same family of owners and the same great food it has now. The people there are warm and welcoming and THE FOOD IS TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!! I've been bringing my family ever since and my kids love it. Just a few days ago, our own Californian Congressman Jim Costa was having a party in the banquet room, how exciting! I hope they're still around for at least another generation so my grandchildren can experience what a historical, Fresno restaurant can offer.

California
“just got burned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

on the advice of reviews on this site, i loaded up my family and a couple of friends and went to the Golden Restaurant last night. All I can think is that the people who said this was the best Chinese food they had ever eaten had never had Chinese food before. Everything we ordered was greasy and bland. The soup had more corn starch than any soup I've ever tasted, it almost looked like jello. Nothing tasted particularly fresh (there were some fresh bell peppers in the chow mein), and the foil-wrapped chicken had huge canned mushrooms in it. The service was slow and unfriendly, the decor strange and uncomfortable (acoustic ceilings, green up-lighting, plastic booth covers). To say that we were all disappointed would be a gross understatement.

san diego
“Best Chinese ever!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

I am a chinese food fanatic and I have to say that without a doubt golden resteraunt is the best chinese food i've ever had. The food is delicious, reasonably priced and the service is great! It's family owned and operated which also makes going there great because it helps support local buissness owners. I recently moved down south and everytime we come up to visit the family this is the first place I want to go. Even my husband who is not a big fan of chinese food can't resist taking a trip to golden!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of the best chinese...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

One of the best chinese spots in fresno, great service and even better meals.