“Eaten here many times” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Fresno, CA
“Eaten here many times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The food is always good, especially the chow mein. Sometimes the service is a bit slow if they are busy, but it is still friendly service. I would recommend. matter of fact, I got to this review page while looking up their phone number so I can order some soup for a sick friend!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fresno, California
“Best Sizzling Rice Soup in Fresno!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We frequent Golden Restaurant at least twice a week and order our favorites family style: sizzling rice soup, almond chicken chow mein and green beans with chicken over pan fried noodles. In our book, this is the best Chinese food in town!

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
fresno, ca
“Great Chinese food, unique amaerican style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We've eaten here many times, and realized I had never written a review. Their food is very good, not exotic Chinese style, but Chinese-American with several great dishes that are unique. The Golden chicken is rich and wonderfully esasoned. They probably have the best BBQ pork I've ever encountered. In season we special order Asperagras Beef in black bean sauce, on panfried noodles...unreal!
Their standard lunch accompaniment pork chow mein is simple but appealing with good ingredients. Price is reasonable, get there early at lunch for best service...they get busy.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“Best Chow Mein I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I grew up in Toronto (which has a huge Chinese population) and also spent several years in the Bay Area, so I have had a lot of Chinese Food in my lifetime. With that said, Golden has WITHOUT A DOUBT the best Chow Mein I have ever had. I can't comment on the service...I live 3 blocks away and order for pickup. The takeout portions are huge and very reasonably priced. I (and my four-legged food critic friend) highly recommend the food.

“Childhood Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

This place is wonderful and awesome! I've been coming here since I was a little child with my parents and grandparents. I came here to have my prom and homecoming dinners when I was in high school quite a few years ago. My own daughter and her friends went there for her own homecoming dinner with their dates just a while ago. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone; it has great food, friendly staff, and a welcoming family environment. Advice: I like the chicken salad and orange chicken. Muy excelente! :)

Been to Golden Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Golden Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.