“Diner Review” 5 of 5 stars

559-224-1054
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lime Lite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,012 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shaw and Palm
Fresno, CA
“Diner Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We favor the Lime Lite over all the other “top” restaurants where we dine in the Fresno / Clovis area. The food is cooked to perfection and amply presented without the “California cuisine” squirts and squiggles one now finds in many of the newer cuisine establishments. The wine list is also exceptional for all tastes. The service, as always, impeccable. My wife had a seafood pasta special and I had a long time favorite, the hamburger steak, prepared beyond what a normal hamburger steak one would envision. It really should be named something more exotic, but, hey, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! A large serving of asparagus accompanied the mashed potatoes. It was so refreshing to have a vegetable other than the standard sliced zucchini / carrots / broccoli / cauliflower mix which most restaurants seem to serve today. Zucchini is cheap and I understand cutting costs, but it is extremely tiresome! Salad dressings are home made and the blue cheese is unbeatable. The toasted bread also adds something extra. I’ve noticed that this bread is now more like a firm sourdough than the original bread served under the old owners. Very tasty!

The Lime Lite’s ambience is enhanced by subtle lighting and quiet, meaning no TV’s in the restaurant other than two over the bar. This means one can enjoy the experience of the almost lost art of conversation without having to be entertained by electronics. The decor is what the younger set might term “old school,” but we happen to like it this way. Most restaurants today lack a certain charm for which places like the Lime Lite offer. The setting is romantic yet comfortably friendly. We are happy that the new owner, Brandon Smithcamp, saw something that worked and made no changes to the decor that is a winning combination with the food and beverages. In fact, the food is even better than it was before, in my humble opinion.

My only regret is that Clovis does not have a restaurant of the Lime Lite caliber, so we must drive further to satisfy our palates. Are you listening, Clovis?!

Oh, I would like to reply to some of the previous reviewers concerning old guys in their 50's and 60's hitting upon girls young enough to be their daughters. Though this may have happened from time to time, I have never seen this occur in all the years I / we have been enjoying the Lime Lite. First, however, being in that age group shouldn’t be something that is derisive. Some day, you young people will be that age. It is better to respect your elders than condemn them. Secondly, young girls the age of their fathers should know better than to hang around places catering to the older generation, so to speak, but, if they do so, they are old enough to drink and must take responsibility for their actions. Lastly, my wife is 16 years younger than I am [I am 67], but she will be the first to tell you that she picked me up. She likes being married to an older man. There is something to be said for wisdom and experience. So, young people, please maintain a sense of humor and be less critical of something you have yet to add to your resumé. Bon appetit!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Central Valley
“Crab salad with a K”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Could not believe when I ordered a crab salad at $20+ it contained fake Krab instead of crab

Kerman, California, United States
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Always top quality food and service ,... old Fresno

Visited February 2012
FRESNO
“One of our frequent local choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The Lime Lite has been one of our favorites for 20+ years. If I am craving a filet I never think of going anywhere else. The lobster here is a Fresno tradition on Thursday night. The lobster is the best and largest that I've had anywhere. In fact I don't order lobster anywhere else for fear of being disappointed. Sanddabs are another local favorite here. The warm, friendly service make you feel appreciated and comfortable. This family owned and managed restaurant has been a favorite of many Fresno area families for several generations. Although ownership has recently changed the tradition of this restaurant has not.

Visited March 2012
Fresno, California
“Been a long time actually...sorry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Used to go there when I was very young...it is kind of a bar and dining all in one...food is good but if you don't care to eat in a bar I would skip this one.