“HORRIBLE PLACE.NEVER AGAIN. Bed mites,rude,INCREDIBLY unprofessional violent workers,disgusting place.never going there again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Valley Inn Fresno

933 North Parkway Drive, Fresno, CA CA 93728   |
Ranked #56 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I had planned on staying at the valley inn for two nights, I prepaid $90 for the stay,which I thought was a bit steep considering the place,the night shift employees were very friendly,I will give them that.

The room was small,smelly,and the bathroom had what looked to be blood stains covering the bathroom floor,the heater did not work,when my boyfriend asked the main office about it they treated him like he was an idiot and were not willing to help at all.

There was no toilet paper in the bathroom

There was what looked to be several hookers and an older man the room to the right of us,and a very ignorant sounding couple to the left of us screaming at eachother ALL NIGHT in the room to the left.

Lots of foot traffic.im assuming drug deals,lots of shady characters

The Televisions in the rooms have a horrible high pitched noise,no matter what channel it's on.

All furniture in the room was stained (I don't even want to know by what) and disgusting looking.

The beds are uncomfortable and it came to our attention the next morning that the beds are also filled with bed mites!
My boyfriend and I are both covered in giant welts,it's disgusting.

We decided we didn't want to stay the second night due to the bed mites (along with all else I mentioned) when questioning one of the workers about checking out and getting a refund he was unreasonably angry and acted very violent towards my boyfriend and threatened to get three guys to "beat his (--)" these are the EMPLOYEES THEY HAVE WORKING THERE.unbelievable.

My boyfriend and I both remained calm and weren't giving him any reasons to be acting in a violent fashion.

So we packed our stuff and got the car and went to the main office,and the men who we had previously asked who were acting unprofessional were standing in there and I asked the woman at the desk if I could please check out and get a refund
She refused to refund me anymore than $22,I paid $90 for the two nights and only stayed one,and it was miserable.
I feel I deserve a full refund even still. I've never felt so ripped off in my life

My boyfriend asked to speak to the manager and she claimed she was the head manager and he told her about the male employees violent behavior and threats and she simply responded with "no" at this point we were fed up and just wanted to get out of there ASAP.

The woman who was the supposed manager yelled out some snarky remark and threw out many F bombs directed towards us on our way out.

I don't know how they're in business,I'm so appalled.

I would never reccomend this place nor will I ever stay there again,I'd rather sleep in a car! Itd probably be cleaner and warmer.

This place is disgusting and the people are incredibly rude,inappropriate and unprofessional.

Horrible place
Never again

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank Charlotte-walkins

sylmar, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was in Fresno for 3 days for business, I'm really on budget due to my work being commission based. When I arrived the front desk staff were friendly and courteous. I was in & out of the office in about 10 minutes, much appreciated after driving for 5 hours.
Room was on the second floor and an elevator is provided for convenience. The room itself was very, very small but clean. I didn't expect a lot for the price and the fridge/microwave was an added bonus.
The area is not for the faint of heart and I would not recommend it for families with kids even on a budget. It's in a bad part of town and should be avoided if possible unless you're into it. The property is gated and they seem to keep drama out of the motel, quiet and peaceful while I was there but the possibilities of it going south really quickly is there. On the plus side I was able to get to the Fresno fairgrounds in about 10 minutes.
Overall my stay at Valley Inn was good but I was very vigilant in what and how I carried myself, it has the potential of getting ugly fast. I liked the staff but the room was small and very basic. The price I don't believe you can beat so I would recommend for those on a strict budget
(Families should think twice).
+ staff, price, fridge, microwave, clean
- location, small room, sights (you'll see what I'm talking about)

Room Tip: "I think it may even be cheaper if you call them directly" "Take real photos to show...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dagoodlife00
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

If you're like me, a non-picky traveler who wants an inexpensive room that's comfortable, clean, safe and quiet, then the Valley Inn is for you. It's conveniently located off SR99, so gas stations and restaurants are nearby.

I've stayed here a few times while on my way up to Yosemite and the High Sierras and have never had any problems. Every room has Cable TV, a microwave and a mini fridge...what more do you need for an overnight stay? On top of that, the people at the front desk have always been friendly and courteous to me.

In conclusion, if you're traveling through Fresno, stay here and save some $.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Managua, Nicaragua
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Though I can say nothing bad in particular, I can not also say anything good about this place. The room is not dirty, but extremely smelly - with cleaners and old carpet. I found 2 black hairs - one on the pillow, another on the towel in bathroom, which was quite unpleasant. In general area seems unsafe, and I did not feel comfortable at night - though, I should repeat, nothing bad happened.

It's a very cheap hotel, so I did not expect a lot from it, but I strongly advice you spend 20 dollars more and stay in better place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple