“"Only if you're on budget"” 3 of 5 stars

Valley Inn Fresno
933 North Parkway Drive, Fresno, CA CA 93728   |
Ranked #55 of 65 hotels in Fresno
sylmar, ca
“"Only if you're on budget"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was in Fresno for 3 days for business, I'm really on budget due to my work being commission based. When I arrived the front desk staff were friendly and courteous. I was in & out of the office in about 10 minutes, much appreciated after driving for 5 hours.
Room was on the second floor and an elevator is provided for convenience. The room itself was very, very small but clean. I didn't expect a lot for the price and the fridge/microwave was an added bonus.
The area is not for the faint of heart and I would not recommend it for families with kids even on a budget. It's in a bad part of town and should be avoided if possible unless you're into it. The property is gated and they seem to keep drama out of the motel, quiet and peaceful while I was there but the possibilities of it going south really quickly is there. On the plus side I was able to get to the Fresno fairgrounds in about 10 minutes.
Overall my stay at Valley Inn was good but I was very vigilant in what and how I carried myself, it has the potential of getting ugly fast. I liked the staff but the room was small and very basic. The price I don't believe you can beat so I would recommend for those on a strict budget
(Families should think twice).
+ staff, price, fridge, microwave, clean
- location, small room, sights (you'll see what I'm talking about)

Room Tip: "I think it may even be cheaper if you call them directly" "Take real photos to show...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

If you're like me, a non-picky traveler who wants an inexpensive room that's comfortable, clean, safe and quiet, then the Valley Inn is for you. It's conveniently located off SR99, so gas stations and restaurants are nearby.

I've stayed here a few times while on my way up to Yosemite and the High Sierras and have never had any problems. Every room has Cable TV, a microwave and a mini fridge...what more do you need for an overnight stay? On top of that, the people at the front desk have always been friendly and courteous to me.

In conclusion, if you're traveling through Fresno, stay here and save some $.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Managua, Nicaragua
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Though I can say nothing bad in particular, I can not also say anything good about this place. The room is not dirty, but extremely smelly - with cleaners and old carpet. I found 2 black hairs - one on the pillow, another on the towel in bathroom, which was quite unpleasant. In general area seems unsafe, and I did not feel comfortable at night - though, I should repeat, nothing bad happened.

It's a very cheap hotel, so I did not expect a lot from it, but I strongly advice you spend 20 dollars more and stay in better place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Valley Inn Fresno? Share your experiences!