“Fun family day” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Central Valley, CA
“Fun family day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Went with large group, kids from 2-18. Everyone had a great time. Park was very clean. Atmosphere was far better than i expected. Food counter was out of many options, including many of the healthy items.

Visited August 2012

Bakersfield, California
7 attraction reviews
“Island Waterpark is a nice, cool way to spend a hot summer day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Neither of my two daughters ages 14 and 9 had ever been to a water park until I took them to Hurrican Harbor last week. It was not the best water park experience, and I didn't want my children to think all water parks had the same standards, so I took them to Island Watetpark.

Island Waterpark differed greatly from Hurricane Harbor, and was a much better experience.

The park is well organized with a foot friendly layout to avoid tired feet from too much walking.
Park staff were all very friendly and helpful. All the employees appeared to be genuinely happy. I found the water condition to be clean, cool and refreshing. The park grounds were also free from litter and well kept, with a nice decor. Rides were fun -- with very little wait time -- as a dozen people ahead of you in line was considered a long line. My girls had time to ride every ride at least once, some multiple times. Prices are very reasonable! Tube, locker and weekday cabana rental shouldn't cost more than $50.00 for the day. Cabanas are nice and plentiful, but not necessary to enjoy your day. Shaded tables were everywhere for people to sit, relax and store belongings. There was a good selection of reasonably priced food. My younger daughter and I had a grilled cheese on texas toast, and shared a garlic-cheese fires for $14.00 and were satisfied. Drinks are the absolute best deal for any park. We bought 4 souvenir cups that had free refills the day of purchase ($1.00 refills for rest of season) for only $20.00.

If you want to spend a nice day with your family at a water park for a reasonable price, I suggest you try this park. I know I will be making the 2 hour drive from Bakersfield to Fresno to enjoy this park again.

Visited August 2012

Been to Island Waterpark? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Island Waterpark, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later