“Upset !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Los Angeles, California
“Upset !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I will start off by saying the hotel was nice & typical of other Hamptons . Clean room , nice linen , comfy beds & clean bathrooms ! Breakfast was ok , like the various coffee's ! Now for the bad ! I have a co-worker who stays there & is locked in at a special rate ! Now I show up & mention this to girl at desk & she say's she cannot give me that rate , has to be through the GM . I am a co-worker & work for the same company & cannot get that rate . Now for the kicker , I asked what kind of discount can I get , a corporate rate , commercial driver , triple a ? I got some discount , so I asked her what would be the grand total and she gave me a quote . Next day at checkout there was an excess 15 dollar tourism tax ! What the heck ? Why was I not given the total when I asked ? Was it her first day on the job . Just lost a potential customer & telling the rest of my co-workers to stay away ! Thanks for nothing Jameelah .

Room Tip: Rooms facing east away from freeway are more quiet .
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback for your stay. Your account has been credited back for the rate difference. We appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest. Please feel free to contact us for any questions or concerns.

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Enjoyed the stay at the Hampton. Very restful during a busy weekend for my son's band competition for which we were help to chaperone. The band stayed elsewhere about 20 minutes away but the Hampton is one of the closest hotels to the site of the competition at Koligian stadium. Great breakfast and comfortable and clean rooms. The bed was great and I fell asleep almost immediately.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last month and, as with most Hampton Inns, it was excellent. My daughter's name is Kathryn, so I enjoyed sending her a picture of the street sign! This one is a bit north of town but it's right on the 99 so easy to get to...and there is a restaurant (Yukon Jack's I think?) and a Starbucks next door, handy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Oxnard, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had no issues booking this room online. Once I got there there were no issues. The person in the front did warn me that there were trains constantly passing by but did offer me the choice of a room facing train tracks or freeway. One thing that I was not able to figure out is how to close the blinds to keep the light out but nothing major since it wasn't super bright. The noise was not bad either. Only hiccup was a power outage (3rd party at fault) which I thought would hinder me more than I thought. Hotel staff was very helpful and apologetic and I was not charged for that night. I'd def stay there again if I needed to stay in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had a good stay at the Hampton Inn Fresno. I was unhappy with the loud train noises throughout the night. Didn't know if that kept us up more or the loud AC unit. Overall service was great. Breakfast host/food was not up to par. Food didn't look fresh and the hosts we NOT friendly or welcoming at all.

Redondo Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Very Friendly, clean, safe. Enjoyed my time here. A little noise from the freeway, but not enough to bother me. I recommend this hotel. Breakfast lady was super friendly and warm and helpful. I would stay there again. Very Friendly, clean, safe. Enjoyed my time here. A little noise from the freeway, but not enough to bother me. I recommend this hotel. Breakfast lady was super friendly and warm and helpful. I would stay there again.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

A real comfortable and professional stay. I was there on business and the room was extremely comfortable. I would definitely return to this hotel. Very professional staff and the complimentary breakfast was a great plus. My room was well furinished.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest? Share your experiences!