“Good Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had a good stay at the Hampton Inn Fresno. I was unhappy with the loud train noises throughout the night. Didn't know if that kept us up more or the loud AC unit. Overall service was great. Breakfast host/food was not up to par. Food didn't look fresh and the hosts we NOT friendly or welcoming at all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Redondo Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Very Friendly, clean, safe. Enjoyed my time here. A little noise from the freeway, but not enough to bother me. I recommend this hotel. Breakfast lady was super friendly and warm and helpful. I would stay there again. Very Friendly, clean, safe. Enjoyed my time here. A little noise from the freeway, but not enough to bother me. I recommend this hotel. Breakfast lady was super friendly and warm and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

A real comfortable and professional stay. I was there on business and the room was extremely comfortable. I would definitely return to this hotel. Very professional staff and the complimentary breakfast was a great plus. My room was well furinished.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

INGLEWOOD, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I hosted a group of 42 ladies from Los Angeles that attended a conference in Fresno. Even though it was only a overnight stay, the service our group received from the staff was impeccable. The Sales Mgr, Hardeep & front desk clerk Judith went beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was comfortable. The rooms were spacious, clean, & comfortable. The free "continental breakfast" wasn't continental, it was a full breakfast with sausage, waffles, potatoes, eggs, cereals, oatmeal, juices, fruit, muffins, yogart, & the list goes on & on! Beds were comfortable, & they're located right next door to a excellent restaurant called Yukon Jacks. I highly, highly recommend this hotel & will tell everyone about the fantastic service my group received even before we arrived.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Trabuco Canyon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Always stay at Hampton Inns and suites. Always clean, safe, and comfortable. The rooms are quiet, and the complimentary breakfast is a perfect way to start the day. I always know when I stay at this hotel I will not have any problems; and if I have an issue they are always quick to resolve it beyond my expectations.

Simi Valley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Nice surprise in Fresno. Great location and nice place to stay. Staff is helpful and courteous. Rooms are nice size and comfortable. Beds were clean and mattresses were comfortable. Will stay here again.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night only for a High School Cross Country event nearby and was generally pleased with my stay.

I did plenty of research before I booked and knew to request the freeway side due to the trains being on the other side, and didn’t get woken up once. I’m sure part of this was due to the very comfy bed as well. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I have slept on!

Parking was plentiful even after returning to the hotel late at night. And as previously mentioned the Starbucks and Subway just across the parking lot were a big plus.

The hotel staff was also very friendly. But I'm curious as to why the manager’s reception is only Monday thru Wednesday?

I can only give a 4 rating though because I feel the breakfast is lacking in quality, and the overall value just isn’t there. I feel I paid a little too much for what I got in return.