“Great Bed!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
California
“Great Bed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night only for a High School Cross Country event nearby and was generally pleased with my stay.

I did plenty of research before I booked and knew to request the freeway side due to the trains being on the other side, and didn’t get woken up once. I’m sure part of this was due to the very comfy bed as well. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I have slept on!

Parking was plentiful even after returning to the hotel late at night. And as previously mentioned the Starbucks and Subway just across the parking lot were a big plus.

The hotel staff was also very friendly. But I'm curious as to why the manager’s reception is only Monday thru Wednesday?

I can only give a 4 rating though because I feel the breakfast is lacking in quality, and the overall value just isn’t there. I feel I paid a little too much for what I got in return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sacramento CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a good hotel to crash for a night while on your way. Right off the freeway, appears to be a safe and quiet location. Rooms are clean and quiet, staff are friendly and helpful. Went out of their way to accommodate me. I experienced no problems here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great hotel for business travel. Located near freeway and not too far from a grocery store and restaurants. I have stayed here several times and not been disappointed. The firness center has a variety of equipment to help destress from the trip and a glass of wine at the end of the day is nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Littleton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

No one would call them fancy but they do two things well: the beds are comfortable, and the coffee is surprisingly good... and available 24/7. No one can fault that. Also, I have a tendency to check in ridiculously late, like midnight late, and I've never been received poorly at the witching hour. Which says a great deal to me about their ability to choose reasonably decent night people :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

This Hamption inn is nicer than other's I've stayed in. They have a social hour with free beer and light appetizers. The fitness room is really nice. The actual rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly too.
The location is its only down fall. It's right off 99, but there's only one small restaurant plaza. There's also a train that goes by at 4am and again at 5. It's nice enough to blow the horn so you know it's there. Had that train not made its presence so well known I'd have given it a 5.

• Stayed October 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

train noise all night and weird, fake food. had they told us the train passed by every hour on the hour all through the night, we probably wouldn't have stayed at this location. Given that the train had to blow his whistle every time he passed, the experience was far from satisfactory. When we got up to enjoy our complimentary breakfast, it again was a huge disappointment. The eggs were like weird, little fake yellow things with no flavor. There wasn't any biscuits, bread or english muffins. The bacon was clearly the strangest thing I've ever seen. It was so thin, you could see through it, kind of like very thin plastic. It tasted like the casing around fresh balogna but was much thinner. After I took one bite, I was afraid it would get caught in my throat so clearly breakfast was a bust. I've stayed at the Hamptons many times before but clearly will have to rethink my hotel/motel stays more carefully. My wife and I were extremely disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be utilizing your comments as part of our ongoing efforts to improve our guests' satisfaction. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you faced with room comfort and breakfast quality. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and hope you will return to stay with us again the next time you visit the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Marion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Everything about the property was very nice. We stayed 7 nights, and had a king room that was on the highway side.I worried about noise from the highway and railroad, but it was not a problem possibly due to the a/c running. The bed was comfortable, the bedroom and bathroom large and very clean. The woman who was in charge of the hot breakfast Sunday through Thursday went out of her way to be friendly and helpful, and deserves to be recognized. No one in the hotel said anything about a manger's reception, but I have seen that mentioned in other reviews. We were gone from the hotel all day sightseeing, so didn't spend a lot of time in the facility, but I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest? Share your experiences!