“Hampton Inn and Suites Fresno” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #12 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Pleasant Hill, United States
“Hampton Inn and Suites Fresno”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel was a decent value for the price. The room was very clean, the checkin clerk was friendly and helpful, and other amenities were fair. Everything here is on a very small scale for a Hampton hotel. Not very many rooms ( which really shouldn't matter) Very small outdoor pool area ( which was closed for the weekend in late July!- not sure why), tiny fitness center (worked for me because I got there at around 6:30 a.m.) and breakfast definitely left something to be desired. At around 8 a.m., it was swamped. There were not enough tables and chairs to accommodate the huge crowd of at least 50. Ran out of all fruit even though breakfast was supposed to be served until 10. One poor employee seemed like she was the only one there restocking EVERYTHING! No wonder the "hot" portion of the breakfast was cold. I did not bring this issue up to hotel management because it was obvious! I will look for another hotel next time we are out this way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
los angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted warmly. The room was spacious and clean. I like have a frig. and microwave in the room. I booked online, after booking I was reviewing my reservation and noticed I booked the wrong dates. I called reservations and they made the corrections over the phone with no hassle. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Greeted warmly, and the staff was professional and efficient. Room was very quiet and clean, and nicely furnished room. Room was clean, odor free, and well maintained. I would gladly stay here again in the future, should I be in Fresno.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

San Diego, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near US 99, but a drive is required to get to more businesses and restaurants, etc. In other words, the area is sparse. The breakfast was average, but then it was complimentary so one should be cautious of complaining. I found the room to be quiet even though my room faced the highway. Friendly front desk staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Napa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This review is not bad because of the hotel itself. I would not stay here again because of the location. I was picking up my son from summer camp and needed to spend the night in Fresno. The previous week I stayed at a different Hampton Inn in the area but decided to stay at this location because if was $20 less. Again, the hotel itself was nice. Lobby was clean with beverages (water, coffee, tea) available all day. Front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. My favorite thing was that they wash the duvet covers after each guest's stay. No gross bed covers! Room was clean and fresh, bathroom was clean. Surprisingly nice towels in the bathroom as well as nice large pool towels. Breakfast was more than ample with a variety of choices.
The location of this Hampton is awful. It sits between highway 99 and the train tracks. I asked for a room away from the highway, but when we went into our room, it faced the highway. I was confused, so I went back to the front desk and clarified that I wanted a room away from the highway. "Oh, you wanted to face the train tracks?" asked the young woman at the desk. I laughed and said I would take the highway. There is a yukon jacks, starbucks and subway nearby, but nothing else. Next time, I would pay a little extra next time and stay at another Hampton.

Room Tip: Choose the highway side. At least the noise is constant, versus the trains going by!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fresno, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel had nice amenities and was located next to a subway, yukon jacks and starbucks (very conveniently right across the parking lot). Other fast foods were across the street. I will stay here again should I return to this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Canyon Country, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great place to stay in the Fresno area. Easy to get to, great service, excellent rooms. There is a restaurant and a Starbucks on the same property. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone traveling in the area,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest? Share your experiences!