“Great Spot to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fresno, United States
“Great Spot to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel had nice amenities and was located next to a subway, yukon jacks and starbucks (very conveniently right across the parking lot). Other fast foods were across the street. I will stay here again should I return to this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Canyon Country, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great place to stay in the Fresno area. Easy to get to, great service, excellent rooms. There is a restaurant and a Starbucks on the same property. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone traveling in the area,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel appears to be newer. The room and bathroom were VERY clean and new in appearance. The hotel I normally stay in is a few miles north in Madera. Also VERY nice. The Madera Hotel has similar rooms and breakfast but is $20 - $40 cheeper per night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Canyon Country, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were swept off our feet when we visited the Hampton Inn in Fresno. Cordial and knowledgable staff made our stay delightfull. We will definately stay at this Hotel chain in the future. I got better service here than i did at the "Expensive $400.00 and up" hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Paducah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Far away from busy town but close enough to restaurants and shopping for a nice experience! Stayed here on business and it was quiet for me and convenient to have a Starbucks right next door. Also was a straight shot drive into Fresno Business area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I pre reserved this hotel for a 6 night stay 60 days prior. When we arrived from San Diego after a six and a half hour drive the hostess took our payment and gave us our key to our room, this was around 4 pm. At 4 pm we wanted to do some laundry and we could not dry our clothes because another customer had left their clothes in the dryer. We called the front desk and the manager was sent up to the laundry room to discuss the situation. We told the manager we had been waiting for a half and hour for somebody to return to take their clothes out of the dryer but no one showed up. The manager's response was he could not touch the clothes but would find out who they belonged to and he would call us in our room, well we waited until 6:45 and no answer. I then went down stairs to the lobby because we were hungry and had not eaten since the morning we left the Hampton Inn in San Diego , I noticed that there was some sort of gathering in the lobby of the hotel with at least a dozen customers and managers enjoying food and drinks. I ask the hotel desk clerk what is the occasion, her response was that Monday thru Wednesday they have the managers get with all the customers and enjoy beer, wine and finger food. I responded to whyI was not notified and noted to her I had been waiting in my room for two and a half hours for a response about the customer who left their clothes in the dryer( and they were still in the dryer) Her only response was the manager food function will be closing in about five minutes and he must of forgotten, Never again, As a Hilton Honor Member this hotel needs some strict customer communication training. I even contacted Hilton Honor customer , they were not very friendly or concerned either. This is the fourth hotel by Hilton I had stayed at and it will be my last. I left with my wife and two children and spent my seven day reserve ration with a more customer friendly hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to any one until management and staff have been re trained in business communication 101.

Stayed June 2013
Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We're very sorry to hear about your experience with the laundry machines and can definitely understand how that would be a big inconvenience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we will work with our staff to prevent something like this happening again in the future. We hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the Fresno area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Staff was efficient & polite-we did have to wait for our rooms-but the hotel was full-staff worked hard to accomodate us-but it was HOT & we were tired. I did call Raj-manager to book a group of rooms-he never returned my call nor my daughter whose wedding was the reason for our stay.---not good. We booked 6 rooms & everyone was just fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest? Share your experiences!