“Bathroom trashed!” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1804 West Olive Avenue, Fresno, CA 93728   |
Ranked #38 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
“Bathroom trashed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stayed here last night.. room was ok. But the bathroom was horrible. Toliet looked like it hasn't been cleaned and the tub cracked in 3 places and paint has peeled off. Yuck.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Niles, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We've stayed here twice and enjoyed it both times. The room is really nice and they have kept the outside painted and clean. It's right off Hwy. 99 and Olive - a Denny's and the McD's is nearby as well as Al's across the street. Worth it for the price and the nice upkeep even if it isn't a brand name hotel!

Room Tip: We've stayed in the king rooms and both have been spaceous and nice!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tidewater, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I hate to say bad things about this hotel, as the management was extremely pleasant. I got the feeling that regardless of my request, they would be ecstatic to fulfill my needs.

I must say though, it's just a motel. It was clean, and no sign of critters anywhere. I booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews, and was rather disappointed it was rated so high.

There is nothing to do in the general vicinity, and if you venture out be sure to keep your car doors locked. We followed the hotel recommendation of DiCicco's for dinner, which was indeed worthwhile.

If I were to stop again on my way to Yosemite, I would stay in the 93710 zipcode area. Lots of things to do and places to eat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Paid 50 with tax. Cant beat that price with a stick...unfortunately i was afraid of getting beat with a stick in this location. Grimey and unsafe area. Dirty pool, large fairly clean rooms. I was just glad we got out alive with nothing stolen. Paid over twice as much to stay at jsmpton inn on way back.....well worth it.

• Stayed June 2011
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

This was a brief stopover on the journey between Vegas and Yosemite and we were glad it was for one night!

The motel itself was as described on the internet and we were more than happy with the room and service, but the area around the motel was not good. We witnessed several people loitering around as we drove into the car park, at about 6pm. There were also various police cars around. As a result of this we requested a top floor room and ensured our car was parked in sight, completely emptied of valuables with the glove boxes open! Later on we went out for food at the local Denny’s and saw several prostitutes openly touting for business on the street.

The motel served its purpose for us - it was cheap, comfortable, spacious and clean with free wifi, cable tv, coffee maker, microwave, fridge, free parking and breakfast at McDonalds included in the rate. For the amount we paid and as a stopover it was fine but it is definitely not a 'holiday' destination due to the local area!

Room Tip: Upstairs room felt safer.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Vey good value for money, room was nice, big, and clean. Breakfast is in McDonald, for two times is it good and better than nothing. Disadvantage - in room smelled disinfection, but it wasn't horribel. I thing, very good motel in Fresno.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

I reserve in advance so I expected the room to be ready in my arrival..rooms are very spacious and have every thing in need. With the eception of the sheet's they had hairs and they were not change nasty.ok I ask the young lady for service I ask for her to come and see the bed and change the linen "she yeald 5 minutes!!!. She never came, I went up to the housekeeper with the excuse of extra towels, she yeald again 5 minutes. I feelt that I was asking for who khows what. And my wife said to me it seems she is being force to work. The next morning we continue to our destination my wife ask me never to stay in a place were we aren't welcome and feel disrespected..

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Ambassador Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!