“This was the most disgusting place we have ever stayed.” 1 of 5 stars

Parkland Hotel
3093-3095 North Parkway Drive, Fresno, CA 93722   |
Ranked #61 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Fresno
“This was the most disgusting place we have ever stayed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We were completely shocked as the picture on the Motel's site were not remotely close to the room we stayed in. It had no bed lamps, smelled like a dirty house, the light fixtures looked like fire hazards, we were not sure if the bed sheets had been changed and we found ants in the bathroom. We only stayed because it was too late to find another hotel. It's two star rating on Hotwire was absolutely in error. It should be a -4 star in our "completely objective" opinion. Oh and since the overhead light is timed you should go to bed really early.

• Stayed December 2013

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Petaluma, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I checked in at 3am with my teenage son after a long night on the road. I should've known to keep looking when I read the notice on the door that they would no longer accept excuses for late payment from the long term guests. I specifically asked the security guard/desk attendant for a clean room. The room (515) reeked of cigarettes, but we were exhausted and went straight to sleep. In the morning I noticed that every horizontal surface was covered with cigarette burns, there were dead flies and gnats stuck to the walls of the bathroom and above the light in the main room. There was even a blood smear on the wall above the bathroom sink! Also, the valve to the toilet was turned off for some reason. The pool and hot tub area were closed. The lobby was a filthy mess with rain leaking through the ceiling. And to top it off, there was no coffee!
I went to the front desk to complain, and was told by the woman working that she would have to call the owner to report my complaint. As I was packing stuff, she called the room to tell me that the owner refused to make any amends as I had already slept the night, and that any complaints I had should have been reported the night before. For $67.75, I've NEVER stayed in a worse hotel. I felt like I paid for a room in a crack house. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2006

Although I have warned others about this hotel on other Internet websites, my reviews have been so harsh (though I believe they were honest descriptions) that none of them have published my review.
Service: The two individuals who were at the front desk (one was actually for Knights Inn and the other was for the Travelodge) carried on with a "I don't want to be here" attitude. I never even got a smile out of either of them. I even got bad looks from the front desk girl when I returned 2 times to change rooms. The first room wasn't ready. The second room reeked of cigarette smoke even though I asked for non-smoking. Finally, I was given a third room which continued to reek of smoke but I figured that how they all smell.
Accomodations: The drapes were torn and dirty, the carpet was filthy, the sheets were nasty (good thing we brought our own sheets), the bathroom was okay HOWEVER the ceiling vent fell while I was taking a shower. The walls were so thin that we were able to hear WHOLE conversations in our room. My boyfriend and I had visitors during our trip: two flies, a cockroach, a endless spider friends. YAY!
Sum up: Do not stay here. It is $40 per night but you GET WHAT YOU PAR FOR...and that's not much.

• Stayed November 2005

Been to Parkland Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Parkland Hotel

Address: 3093-3095 North Parkway Drive, Fresno, CA 93722
Location: United States > California > Fresno
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #61 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Parkland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Knights Inn Fresno
Fresno Knights Inn

If you own or manage Parkland Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.