“Thanks everyone for the great Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #55 of 65 hotels in Fresno
fresno
“Thanks everyone for the great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

I stayed 2 weeks in Oct and 2 weeks in Dec. What a great rate, used AARP. The Manager Ms.D and staff were very sharp and friendly, they are a Great crew, they were always smiling. Room was spotless when I arrived and they serviced my room daily. There was pleanty of water pressure and hot water and they provide the shampoo. Wifi worked every day, some better than others-but hey it's wifi not broadband. I didn't try the breakfasts but I got a USA Today everyday for free. I didn't see any homless people and security was great, cameras all over the property. Close to RiverPark shopping center and food services. Try Popolos Pizza across the street, they're great. They do have rooms with and without microwaves, coffee makers and fridges. Oh and they have a laundry room, bring your quarters.
The most fun was watching Steve Joyce on Undercover Boss while I was staying at one of his properties. That was a kick.
And a note to the property-Thanks everyone for the great service!e

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Central Valley CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

First the positive. This establishment seems to have paid some attention to complaints about poor customer service. My friend and I checked in with a nice young man who was friendly and very accommodating. He also tried very hard to connect my laptop with the wireless connection to no avail.
We were told we would be given a 'handicap' room which I learned was just another description for a bigger bathroom with a lot of bars on the walls.
The room was very small especially for 2 people and even more so when those 2 people are women with a lot of stuff!
The tiny desk could only function as a luggage older because even if there were 2 of the folding style holders, there wouldn't be enough room for 2 suitcases. The single chair also became a storage area.
There was no hairdryer
No microwave
No fridge
No coffeemaker
The wireless connection didn't work the first night and was very slow and unpredictable when it did come up. If you need a good connection you probably won't get one here.
On both nights we had to ask for extra towels. The towel rack was only half full on the second night and inadequately stocked the first night.
The hotel is located in a very noisy area. Please keep this in mind. It shares the parking lot with a couple of fast food places that stay open late as well as some other businesses. It is flanked by a very busy city street.
On Friday night in particular the hotel was very noisy on the inside and outside with a lot of yelling, talking loudly and door slamming. Especially after the bars closed. Some of this was in the hotel lot, some coming from the fast food joints.
I have stayed at other hotels with much better amenities for the same price. If you are not a light sleeper and just need a pillow to put your head on, this is for you.
If you are looking to feel rested when you have to get up early and face a long day - you should reconsider.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed the nite of Oct 24, when we found no fridge or coffee maker, returned to
office to be told that would be another 10 dollars!!, which we paid and moved to another
room...noapolgy for inconveniece. The breakfast is the most basic we have ever seen.
Upon check out, no have a good day, thank you for staying with us...just sign here.
The front desk clerk needs to find what Customer Service is all about...how
about a smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

The reason I stayed at this motel was because it was inexpensive and sounded like it was in a good location. I should have done better homework. First of all, this motel is located on a busy street and its parking lot is hard to turn into and out of. There are homeless people with their shopping carts hanging around the fast food joints that share the same parking lot as the motel. There are many signs up on the property warning you to lock your cars and deadbolt lock your rooms. The front desk staff was not friendly when I checked in or checked out. I requested a room on the ground floor, but was given a room on the third floor even though there were lots of vacant rooms at the motel. The front desk clerk did not even tell me where my room was located so I had to wander around the property on my own in order to find my room. The free continental breakfast is a total joke. The whole breakfast consisted of a choice of two types of cereal
plus white bread that can be toasted. They also have coffee, tea and some sort of watery liquid they call orange juice. We opted to eat elsewhere. Next time I will pay a few extra dollars to stay at a Comfort Inn or a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

We were traveling with our dog to visit family in the Fresno area and hit up Yosemite, and decided to stay here. The website said it was $25 extra to have a pet stay with you, but the hotel only charged $10.

This is a budget hotel, and by budget hotel standards this place was great. If you are comparing it to a stay at a Hampton Inn or (newer) La Quinta, you're doing it wrong. This is a competitor to Motel 6.

Anyway, we were staying in the pet room. They let us check in early (11:30am). I was expecting the worst, due to price and it being a pet room. But no smells, no stains on the carpet, and no fleas.

The linens on the bed looked to be fairly new, everything had a fresh coat of paint on it (ok, it was at least 6 months old, but budget hotels normally haven't been repainted in decades). Everything was clean. The room was quiet.

For a budget hotel, they had a free breakfast that gives higher scale hotels a run for their money. They had room service. In the parking lot surrounding the hotel is a Long John Silvers, a Taco Bell, and a Korean owned "asian" cafe. A short walk brings you to a bunch of restaurants and bars, and a short drive will bring you to shopping and more food choices.

So I recommend this place if you are looking for BUDGET accommodations. Everything was clean, quiet, and the location was great. Plenty of towels and soap.

If you are looking for plush carpet, new furniture and flat panel TVs pay the extra money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
fremont,ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

My family and I just got home from staying at the Rodeway Inn.Never again will we stay there again!FIRST off my husband told them there was 4 of us and they put us in a room with only one bed!!!the room looks reallly old the carpet looks like it hasn't been clean in over a deacde!We could not sleep at all due to "gangsters" outside yelling profanity at eachother and breaking out into fighting also we could hear the people upstairs EVERY move!! all's we could hear is squeeking all night!!PERFECT WHEN YOU HAVE 2 LITTLE YOUNG KIDS RIGHT?? also the toliet wasn't cleaned at all prior to out arrival..sink was dirty, and the lights would turn on and off..the room also had a nasty smell to it..
last, but not least they serve breakfast it says until 9:30 a.m so we get there at 9:15 with our 2 hungry children and they said they stop serving at 9:00!!!! don't stay here we have had better service at motel 6!!DONT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

I was quoted a price of $62 "after taxes" with the AAA discount, which convinced me to stop for the night at this Rodway Inn. It had been a long day of visiting the Yosemite area, so I wasn't really asking many questions to the desk person on the phone. I only knew that this property had once been a Red Roof Inn.

I told the counter person it was very important I was put into a room away from any families or other potential sources of noise, as I was going to be sleeping in after spending a week in the wilderness. He obliged, putting me in a top floor room away from other guests. I was very pleased he took this seriously!

The check in was good, with a friendly counter person. The room was very clean. The mattresses wasn't luxury, but it was *much* more comfortable than anything I've been on in a Motel 6 or Super 8. Overall, the condition of the room was quite good. there was a corner work desk, but it was very small. The chair with it was exceptionally uncomfortable, so I'd be leery about selecting this motel for any "business" use.

Free and adequately working wireless internet was a plus! One criticism of the property was the shower water temperature kept wildly fluctuating, requiring constant adjusment during a shower to avoid ice cold or scalding hot water.

I was very happy with my stay, until 7:30AM the next morning, when I was awakened by the housekeeping staff who were *yelling* at one another across the property, down the walkways. They started wheeling these noisy cleaning carts down the hallways as well, rumbling them without any attempt to be quiet. I was NOT pleased with this. Constant yelling back and forth as they started their cleaning duties is NOT acceptable at ANY lodging establishment.

To make things worse, about a half hour later, they started to power-wash the outside corridor walkways, so I had a deafening noise just outside my room... making it impossible to get anymore rest.

I guess the night counter person had no idea that there'd be powerwashing on the corridors on Sunday morning? Regardless, it completely defeated my attempt to sleep in.

Lastly, upon check out, I was dismayed to learn my bill was $70, not the $62 "after taxes" I was told on the phone. Either an oversight or miscommunication, it was a deciding factor on me to choose to stay at this property, and I wasn't happy to learn my stay was more expensive than quoted.

Counter person didn't even bother to ask "how my stay was"... she probably could guess from my face.

The last insult happened while walking to my car. The half-wit running the power washer from the third floor caused a rain of soapy wash water to cascade all over me as I walked by. I think the screamed profanity I made gave him a clue, because the soap-rain immediately stopped.

Had the maintainance and cleaning crews been more attuned to guest comfort, I think I'd have a better report about this motel... but I'm still angry enough at this experience to not want to give them a second chance next time I'm in the area. Its too bad, as the room was pretty good, though I think there's equally or better values in the Fresno area for $70, especially after beign surprised with a more expensive bill.

I think perhaps I should've vocally COMPLAINED to the counter person, but I was eager to get the hell out of there and back on my vacation trip.

• Liked — room amenitites and cleanliness
  • Disliked — maintainance staff inconsideration and uncaring service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn Fresno? Share your experiences!