“Not a place for Handicap People” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #56 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not a place for Handicap People”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We booked a handicap room for our stay. My wife and mother-in-law are both handicap. The room was so small that you could not get around the room with a wheel chair. It had a bathtub instead of a walk-in shower which made it a real challenge. There wasn't a coffee maker, microwave, or refrigerator; however, there was an ice bucket and glasses. This is not my idea of how a hotel should be.

Room Tip: If you have a handicap person; I would choose another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Luis Obispo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had to make a last minute reservation in Fresno. My choices were $199 or $80 for the night, and I chose the $80 Rodeway. The picture looked good, it was in the remodeled shopping area on Blackstone, so it seemed like it would serve for a place to sleep. Ugh. My nonsmoking room was a smoking room and STANK. The room itself was in a weird corner of the property that just seemed exposed and unsafe. Around midnight guests arrived and seemed to be galloping across their room above me. The walls shook and creaked. I wasn't sure the ceiling was going to hold! Next time, I'll spend the extra money...and check TripAdvisor before I go!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Napa, California, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Don't stay here, worst place ever. Dirty, things missing, broken and staff's attitude bad. No glasses in room. No ice bucket, no remote. burn in bedspread and there was an ashtray in room. This was a no smoking room. menus in room looked like they had been run over by a truck tire that had been in oil first. When housekeeping brought the missing items she couldn't even speak the language to tell us where to get ice. After I finally found out where to get ice, which was up near the office about 3 or 4 buildings over I found that the vending machines were also broke. No refrig in room. My mom is a diabetic so i was glad that the ac worked to keep her insulin cool. The price is to high for what you get... I paid $10 more in a Comfort Inn just 45 miles down the road and it was first class.

Room Tip: It was quiet but they didn't tell us the layout of the hotel. AC worked but that's all
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place is awful. We only stayed here for 1 night luckily, although that was not without protest! Firstly, the surrounding area feels very unsafe. We arrived quite late after a long day of driving and this place definitely did not help us unwind. We opened the room door and was struck by intense heat (93 degrees) and stench. Cleanliness was poor. Really consider all other options before staying here!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cheshire, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

When we arrived here on our West Coast USA trip we immediately noticed the number of taxi's ferrying "clients" in and out of the rooms. This was not a good start but when we got to the room and opened the door a 98f wave of really bad smells hit us & nearly knocked us out. The room was not clean & my wife refused to get under the bed linen. the TV was old & didn't work properly and the air conditioning was a joke. It took 3 hours to get from 98f to 90f on the thermostat, which made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. Will NOT be making a return visit here.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
Middlewich
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Six of us arrived early evening following a 9 hour drive - the 2 rooms we'd booked stank to high heaven. It had been a very hot day and management had not seen fit to turn the air-conditioning on. It was the following morning before the temperature was something resembling an acceptable level.

Room Tip: Use another hotel
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My mom and i were between homes and needed a hotel to stay at for the week until our new home was ready. We stayed at the Rodeway Inn on Blackstone Ave, and from the second we walked in the door there were tiny little bugs coming out from everywhere, even the clock and phone. We didnt know what they were at first and it was late so we decided to just watch some tv & fall asleep. Within an hour, there were giant bugs coming from the matress and climbing on the wall. Of the thousands of bugs, i managed to catch a few with a ziplock bag and then i put them into a little container i had with me. Then we went to the office and the guy did give us a better room since we didnt want to leave beacause it was so late. The next morning my mom and me had bites all over us. I googled bed bugs and sure enough, thats what the bugs were. DONT stay at this motel, unless you love it when your skin crawls and you love being bitten by diseased bigs that lay their eggs into your luggage and you end up having your own home infested. Worst motel ever, its absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Fresno? Share your experiences!