“Not Convenient location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fresno

You added Motel 6 Fresno to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fresno
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5021 North Barcus Avenue, Fresno, CA 93722 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Prescott, Arizona
“Not Convenient location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I am very familiar with Motel 6 and never had a problem in the past; so I booked this motel6 for 5-days while visiting my daughter in Fresno, CA> The following are things to take into consideration: 1) this hotel is NOT PART of Motel 6 corporation it's independently owned and operated 2) bad location right on business Street Shaw and on-ramp to 99FWY. IN POSSIBLE to make a left turn to get out of hotel. Traffic 24/7 3) NO BREAKFAST only vending machine available and coffee (which tasted awful) in the lobby. I walked to Shell gas station next door for coffee. 4) NO SPA 5) NO INTERNET it does have WiFi but the internet keeping coming and going 5) NO CABEL it was temporary not available also kept coming and going; had no guide available so you don't know what's on. ONLY available local channels which has nothing on but the news which repeats it self over and over. 6) NO HOUSEKEEPING they come and make you bed and give you fresh towels and that is all NO Changing of bed sheets; no vacuuming; no dusting; or cleaning the bathroom which by they way the toilet was covered with stains and black around rim. 7) Bathroom VERY small you can barley get in and shut the door for privacy. Shower very noisy you can hear your neighbors showering 8) neighbors slamming door shuts at all hours 9) lighting in room was very dim; NOW THE GOOD THING The bed is very comfortable and the pillows are absolutely great! ( I wish I could have bought one) and the price was in my budget $296.00 for 5-night. Their is a fridge in the room which was very convenient as I went grocery shopping to help the cost of spending money eating out. My recommendation would be pay a little more and go to Day's in for $20 more a night you get continental breakfast; full housekeeping service; cabel; wifi; pool w/ spa and easy exit out of hotel to get out on Shaw.

Room Tip: go down the block to Days INN
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chesterton, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room smelled like wet animal fur. There were no towels or new soap in room. There was an old used bar of soap in the bathtub. There were dried dribbles of coffee stains on the sink counter. The rug was filthy...looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a couple weeks. I'd be willing to bet the sheets were not freshly changed. We were very, very disappointed in Motel 6. Don't think we will stay at a Motel 6 again for a very, very long time. Very run down and worn out hotel. Would definitely not recommend this particular hotel location. So disappointing for a family fun trip,

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Ron,
Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our standards for quality rest on the promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

By far one of the best Motel 6 I have been to. Clean and comfortable. Staff is nice and courteous, especially Jaterica. She always makes my stay feel welcomed and is very attentive. Highly recommend this location.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
m64390bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, April 13, 2015
Thank you very much for the great things you had to say about our motel 6 at Shaw and 99. I very much appreciate your positive feedback.
I will share your comments with Jaterica and the staff. I am sure it will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff. Together we work hard to make sure your stay is comfortable and safe.
Redding, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

One of the worst Motel 6 I have stayed in. The carpet was filthy with duct tape over a rip. I heard noise outside all night. The desk welcome was okay. The stay was better than sleeping in my car, I think. Maybe.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
m64390bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, March 9, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Motel 6 Fresno. We apologize for not meeting your expectation. We have shared your review with all staff and will take immediate action to correct the any and all problems you experienced. Thank you for staying at the Motel 6 Fresno and hope you will give us the opportunity to make your next stay a safe, comfortable, and happy one.
Haleiwa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

Worst place we ever stayed. Mold in the shower, blood on the sheets and drug deals outside. Carpet was moist from who knows what. SemI trucks parked on the street and ran all night. Stayed up all night to make sure our car didn't get stolen.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
m64390bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, January 22, 2015
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had with us. I can assure you that you will see a big difference in your future stay with us as i shared your comments with our housekeeping staff. I apologize for the inconvenience and assure you this will not happen again. We value and appreciate your business.
Vancouver BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

Based upon other opinions on Tripadvisor we stayed one night at this less than "spendid" establishment. The front desk was very friendly and our 2 dogs got to stay for free. That's about the only positives I can expound. Obvious drug deals were taking place in the parking lot with shady characters lurking around the area.The carpet in the room was scary & can only imagine what the dark blue was hiding. The Seahawks-Panthers game was beiing broadcast but not on any of the channels on their TV. I swear to god there was a tow truck channel but not the bloody NFL. The wifi was completely no-fi, there was a "fountain" of water sqirting out of the ground on the corner of the building and the gas station across the parking lot had a car wash that sounded like a small jet plane taking off. I cannot fathom how & where the other reviewers actually live in order for them to recommend this place but may I suggest the raise their standards a wee bit before their next contribution to Tripadvisor.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Please except my apologizes..............I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Your comments will shared with our employees to help prevent this from happening in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this motel 6 for over a month along with my company after staying at the other motel 6 in fresno. The little extra we paid was worth every penny. The rooms were well maintained, and staff was very friendly and accommodating. Gladys at the front desk was very professional and made sure all our needs were meet which is a breath of fresh air when you stay at multiple motels across the state. Highly recommended this motel if you value good service and clean towels!

• Stayed December 2014
m64390bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, December 31, 2014
The staff and I really appreciate your comments about the rooms, location, and staff. The staff here at the Motel 6 make it a priority to make sure our guests leave happy. It was a pleasure having you stay here with us at the Motel 6 we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback will be shared with Gladys and the staff

Thank you again for your positive comments. We hope to see you soon

Been to Motel 6 Fresno? Share your experiences!