“Look elsewhere.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99

You added Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99 to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5021 North Barcus Avenue, Fresno, CA 93722 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Pittsburgh
“Look elsewhere.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We choose to stay here as a midpoint from Yosemite to San Francisco, and because it was near an underground garden in Fresno that we planned to visit. Note how most recent reviews for this hotel are the only reviews for those users. Any guesses as to why that is? My guess is because the hotel staff is writing them using fake accounts. Digging a little deeper, users with multiple reviews tend to rate this place poorly. I wish I would have caught that before staying here, but it was cheap and that is the only positive I can point out in this review. A couple of things of note.

- We booked a non smoking room, and it had an ash tray. Hmmmm? Since the room smelled like a chemical factory, I concluded that it was probably sprayed down and made a non smoking room for our stay.

- Sheets had a stain on them. It was easy to spot too and should have been easily caught.

- Discovered that there were no towels in the morning. Called and asked for some towels and told we had to walk to the office to get them. Considering where our room was located, this was a haul around the detached hotel, down some stairs and across the parking lot. I don't mind walking, but I expect clean towels to be in the hotel room I paid for, especially when only staying for one night.

- Many folks staying at this hotel seemed down on their luck. Hung around at night with the doors open. Make of that what you will.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've been traveling now for the last 8 years for work and I stayed in a lot of hotels in 15 different states and motel 6 has one of the best staff members I've ever dealt with in where is very long time. Especially staff members Joseph & Kenneth. The both had showed me the best customer service. They where always helpful and where there every time I needed them. They truly showed the true meaning of customer service. if I ever come back to Fresno California I would definitely come here just up just to see those two guys again.. yep the only thing I recommend for this hotel is if they do a breakfast all other Motel 6 is I stay in and other hotels around here have breakfast so I do recommend they do a breakfast other than that great stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Sheila G, Manager at Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for the positive review. It was a pleasure reading how much you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our #1 priority here at Motel 6 to provide all of our guests with the best customer service. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff. Thanks again for the positive review and we hope to see you in the near future.

Thanks again for your great review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The front desk was great free coffee wifi and smiles,from management to maitnace .....I know the next time I'm in Fresno and need a good room I'm stopping here to motel 6 on shaw & 99!the room I was in was remodeled a really really nice

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive review. It was a pleasure reading how much you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our #1 priority here at Motel 6 to provide a safe, quiet, clean, and affordable place for our guest to stay at during their lodging needs.

Thank you again for your comment, hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I love the customer service that Joseph gives me every time I come and get a room. The rooms always clean. It is in a great location and near eating places. The rooms are nice a big. I always get good sleep.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for you great comments. We greatly appreciate you positive review. We are glad you are able to get sleep and enjoy your stay with us here at the motel 6. It is a top priority of ours to make sure all guests receive the best customer service. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff.

Thanks again for the positive review hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This motel 6 needs to me recommended to all. When I checked in the rooms were great, but the service was even greater Joseph was nothing but excellent he helped in every way from luggage carrying to responding to requests in a matter if minutes thanks Joseph we will be back soon.

• Stayed January 2014
Sheila G, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
The staff and I really appreciate your comments about the rooms, location, and staff. The staff here at the Motel 6 make it a priority to make sure our guests leave happy. It was a pleasure having you stay here with us at the Motel 6 we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again for your positive comments. We hope to see you soon
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

My stay was absolutely perfect. I was welcomed by Joseph when I showed up to check in. I booked a standard king which was facing the freeway and he notified me that he can upgrade me for free so I wouldn't have to walk so far. He was very polite and also assisted me very well with connecting to the WIFI.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your positive review. The staff and I really enjoy hearing you enjoyed your stay. Here at the Motel 6 we strive on making sure our guests enjoy their stay. We really appreciate your positive comments.

Thanks again for the positive review. We really hope to see you again soon.
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at motel 6 on Saturday 25th nice clean accommodations, close to freeway which I like, and the front desk person his name was Joseph, I very professional and courteous, i recommend this motel 6. Thanks norm w.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Sheila G, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your positive review.

The staff and I really appreciate your comments about the rooms, location, and staff friendliness. The staff here at the Motel 6 make it a priority to make sure each and every guest have a great stay. It was a pleasure having you stay here with us at the Motel 6 we are glad you enjoyed yourself and our staff.

Thank you again for your positive comments. We hope to see you soon

Been to Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99? Share your experiences!