“It's good for a Motel 6” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fresno

You added Motel 6 Fresno to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fresno
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5021 North Barcus Avenue, Fresno, CA 93722 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Southwest MI
“It's good for a Motel 6”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 because we couldn't get a room on Priceline. I think we might have gotten the last room, so maybe there was something going on in Fresno that we didn't know about.

There were a few negatives:

- Not enough towels. This room had two beds and could sleep four people, but there were only two bath towels, one hand towel, and although there were two washcloths, one of them was on the counter and looked like it may have been previously used.
- The shower temperature was inconsistent, and had an odd water spray pattern (sorry, I don't remember why it seemed odd, but it was noticeable enough to include in my notes).
- The toilet tank had a slow leak and thus would periodically refill even though it hadn't been flushed.
- There was a stain on the sink wall that looked like someone had wiped their nose on it.
- The floor was not vacuumed well; there were obvious threads and lint.

Like all Motel 6s:

- The bath towels were small and thin.
- No shampoo was provided.
- No notepad was provided.

On the plus side:

- A king bed or two queen beds was better than most Motel 6s that I've stayed in.
- Having a refrigerator and microwave in the room was a nice surprise.
- There was a nice small desk space and chair.

Overall, it was clean enough and OK for what we needed. We would stay there again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
As we strive to provide superior service experience to every customer, your feedback is very important to us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will use your remarks to address problems and prevent future occurrences. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Siletz, oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Came for niece's college graduation. Room was large, clean, and did not have a funky smell like the last Motel 6 we stayed in. The front desk clerks (Carla at check-in and Gladys in the a.m.) were great. Very guest oriented. Called the room after check in and asked how everything was. The room had a king bed, microwave, fridge, good size tv, shower/tub combo, in room safe. I loved this room. I loved the staff. I loved the price. The location was perfect. While right next to the highway, the setup of the property allows for complete blockage of traffic noise. Only thing I would change is upgrading the mattress. It was firm and comfortable, but sloped down on both sides. Doesn't matter. We would stay here again. Also - M6 is always pet friendly and our pet is part of the family, so it is nice to know she is welcome here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Providing a pleasant stay is our goal. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff, strive to provide great service to all of our guests. And our clean team staff strive to provide a clean comfortable room with no funny smells :-). Please if you find yourself traveling through our area again, we would love to have you come and stay with us.
San Jacinto, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

A very nice and clean room and overall environment..The price was very easy on the pocket.I also like the experience that Krystal has to offer she had all the answers to my questions I had about eatery's and attractions.I am going to make this location a regular stop..The room has everything you need to be comfortable. Thanks again for such a great service,
Dave P.

Room Tip: Let Krystal help with this ...You can't go wrong
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank You Mariollo, We are glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us. We hope that you we'll continue to think of us when you need lodging in our area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This motel is in a great location, there is lots of stores and good restaurants nearby. It is clean, cozy and quite, so it is a good place to rest. Also Krystal from the front desk, is very nice and professional, she allways has a smile and willing to help... I have a company truck and nothing has ever been missing and it does look like a safe area. So if you come here you won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great motel for the price.. Great staff. Krystal is friendly, speedy and professional.
The new management is great!! Is quiet and clean... They even call you after you check in to make sure your satisfied with your room. Like I said for the price you can't beat it, and it's close to fast food and gas.

• Stayed February 2013
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We are always pleased when guest let us know that we were able to meet and exceed their expectations. It is our goal to provide great customer service and a clean room to every one of our guests. We hope that if you are in the area again you will stop by and spend the night. I will let the staff know how much you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again.
Woodland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Was better than I had expected. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. There is wifi, a refrigerator and microwave in room. Mc Donalds, Carl's Jr, Subway, In & Out Burger are all less than a block away. Check in was made easy, Krystal was very professional and nice. The only reason I give it a 4 is I would like fluffier pillows and softer towels, other than that I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms east of office, away from traffic.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I am so pleased and I thank you so much for your comments. Please if you are in our area again please come and stay with us again. I will pass your comments along to the staff.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I give ten stars the service at every other hotel has been a bad expirience .. Krystal in the front helped mebhow tovget around and I called her for a million things and she was so nice and friendly. Im not from around so she was as helpful as anyone has been here to me.I travel a lot and i gotta say I havnt gotten good helpful answers from anyone anywhere near here.

Room Tip: Motel 6 was great ..the service in the front the lady helped me with any problem I had. Im not frkm...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thanks for the 10 stars!!! Providing a great guest experience is our goal. So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again. And if your in our area again, please come and stay with us.