“11/23/2012” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99 to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5021 North Barcus Avenue, Fresno, CA 93722 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #27 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Dutch Harbor, Alaska
“11/23/2012”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Motel 6 is just motel 6 i am on first night of a 2 night stay .The Front Desk staff upon checkin was one of the most polite and helpful Front Desk personnels i have dealt with ,,, had a couple little questions and the staff did a great job ..Now for the downside of my stay the internet needs lots of help kept losing connection couldnt play cards on line hopefully it will get better ,,,, But overall 1 st day was okay .. So far noise outside is not a Problem .. The Beds need to be replace they are old ....I will update this in the morning and on the last day of my stay.. Well first night was good no one loitering outside it was quiet was able to sleep ...both Front desks ladys was very very friendly my only problem and probly reason i wont come back and i still got one more night is the very poor internet in my room i keep losing signal

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for all the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel. Unfortunately, we seemed to be having some problems with our internet while you were here and I apologize for that. We take your comments very seriously and hope to have this problem addressed asap.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I travel for work a lot and this is by far the best motel 6 i have ever been to. i checked in very late and was really tired joseph woke me up with he service and enthusiasm. He also helped me with my luggage.....Great motel 6 i will be back soon keep up the good work joseph.

Room Tip: If you are traveling for business and need internet and great service this is the motel 6 for you if...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
It is our goal here at Motel 6 to provide our guest with a great experience. And we are always pleased when guest let us know the enjoyed staying with us. I will pass along your comments to Joseph and the entire staff. Again thank you for your comments. And if your in our area again please come a stay with us again.
Central California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm not sure where these good reviews are coming from, this place is a dump! The front desk staff was very friendly, I will give them that. The outside may look clean and kept up in the daylight, but our room was disgusting! Carpet was filthy and had places where it looked like someone had burned it. Vanity mirror had gang grafitti etched into it. TV was not working properly, had lines along the top. Towels were thin and scratchy. We could hear every move of the people above us, along with every flush of the toilet and shower. We left our room to go get dinner at around 7:30 pm only to be greeted by a group of 5 pot smoking thugs hanging out outside of their room, right in front of our car. Thank god the car was still there! Clearly they were there to handle "business" and we were in the way. The room they were doing this in was right behind the office, no way that they couldn't hear/smell that! I have never felt more unsafe at a hotel than this. I didn't sleep a wink. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Saving a few extra bucks is not worth compromising your safety.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for letting me know that your stay did not meet your expectations. It is our desire that guests always enjoy their stay with us. Please rest assure that we will use your comments to make corrections were we can. We hope if you are in the area again you"ll stop and stay with us and allow us to make it up to you.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed in this motel for one night in October 2012. The place is a convienient location for visiting e.g. Yosemite National Park, which is in about a 1 hour drive distance. Rooms offer good value for money but don't expect too much. Cleanliness was average. Next to the motel there is a Freeway which causes considerable noise. However, Krystal from the front desk was very helpful in finding me a room facing at the other side of the building. I very much apprechiated that.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not facing to the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
William M, General Manager at Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you Klaus. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your comments to Krystal. And if you are in our area again, please come and stay with us.
Central Valley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have to be honest, I don't usually choose a Motel 6 but was only looking for a quiet place for the night. I was surprised at how pleasant the stay here was. The desk manager, Krystal, was very helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and quiet. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Access to the second floor rooms can be a little inconvenient if you have a lot to carry up. Also...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I'm pleased we were able to accomadate you. We enjoyed having you stay with us and please come and stay with us again.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Long day and I pulled off the road at Shaw. Seen the sign and I just got a room. The room was big and the pool was just what I needed. The service at the front desk ( Krystal ) was very knowledgeable at the where a bouts of everything around the area. She pointed out some very good places to eat and was it good, thank you...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

the hotel room was fine, and the staff very friendly. the problem was the person above me kept walking back and forth in his room-more than likely from smoking dope-with the ceiling constantly creaking all night long was very annoying. on top of that was the group that JUST HAD to stand outside my door and have a conversation around 3am till 6am. then getting ready to leave that morning and finding a pile of towels at my door. i mentioned it to the staff and we concluded they mustve thought i was undercover so the towels were a mark. if there was a way to maybe put all the shifty characters on one end of the hotel and all the normal people everywhere else it would be a better spot to stay at. maybe some armed security guards might scare the riff raff away. like i said it just got very annoying, and i chose not to confront them and then have to worry about my tires on my car mysteriously disappearing.

Room Tip: unless you have headphones or cotton in your ears, stay away from room 108. 117 looks like someone t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Fresno Shaw Ave and Hwy 99? Share your experiences!