“Plumbing problems” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Fresno North

Save Saved
You added Ramada Fresno North to your Saves list
Ramada Fresno North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   324 E Shaw Avenue, Fresno, CA 93710 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Manhattan Beach, California
“Plumbing problems”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

Recently stayed for a few nights over Thanksgiving. The first room we were given had no hot water. They switched us to another, where very little water was coming from the tap in the sink (though at least it was hot). The third room had no plumbing issues.
The bathrooms are tired, obviously never remodeled for the last 30 years. The hotel is centrally located, but I would avoid staying at it again.

• Stayed November 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2005

The front desk people-mainly one young female-just about ruined my entire trip to Fresno. This clerk was rude on the phone and when I arrived ready check-in, she insultingly told me that I would have to wait until 5PM to check in to the 2 rooms I had reserved because they couldnt remove a large party from the hotel. I had to rearrange all my plans for the day and was barely able to get a room when i returned to the hotel at 6PM to check-in.

The person I dealt with at the reception desk had no tact, ability to interact with people or interpersonal skills whatsoever. I recommend choosing any other hotel than this one.

• Stayed November 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2005

Oh my...is all I can say. When I walked into the lobby, I was shocked. There was a horrible smell, the carpet was very, very dirty, and the lobby funiture was stained and old. Sadly, when I got to my room, it didn't get too much better. While the room wasn't a zero, it just wasn't what I expected at all. The pictures they have on their website....are not what you get. Please be aware of that. The room had a definite odor and the bathroom was very outdated. I was somewhat scared going to my room, because my door was the only locked door to the outside and the lock on my door looked as if it had been broken and then repaired. As a single woman, I immediately checked out. Sadly, the earlier review about the condom found in the bed might have been true :( If you are used to staying in a Courtyard Marriott or Hampton Inn, then you will be very, very unhappy here.

• Stayed July 2005
Windsor, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

Although the hotel itself is a little dated, the hospitality of the staff was awesome! I was impressed with the cleanliness of the grounds, except for the light in front of our room being out and my door dark, it was very clean and comfortable. I did have a used towel left behind the door in our bathroom (on hook), but felt that the room was clean and confortable. I would stay here again and recommend it to others. The staff is what makes this hotel inviting! We came in as a soccer team and they welcomed and accommodated us all!

Californis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2005

This hotel should be put out of its misery! The room was the most depressing one I've ever stayed in. It had this really horrible fluorescent lighting (to save money I suppose) and we turned on every light in the place but it didn't help. I got a headache watching the TV in this lighting, and when I tried to read at the desk it was worse. In desperation, I left the room to read in the lobby by the only available lighting for reading, the hotel front window.
The place is like a ghost town, not a soul in the restaurant did we see from one day to the next. The street in front of the hotel was under construction so you couldn't cross the street ANYWHERE! In short, the place was hell and I couldn't get away from it without getting in the car. The only consolation was a Starbucks in the same square.
The lobby carpet was dirty, the bedding was the worst I've ever experienced--old, pilling, and constantly coming off the bed along with the shabby bedpad underneath. The only pleasant thing about this hotel experience was the shower, a good one. Oh, and also the chat I had with the friendly woman in the lobby bathroom, after she had rolled up her sleeping bag from the poolside...
NONE of this is an exaggeration. I'm only writing this because it was an aggravating experience, and I don't want anyone else to have it!

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2004

In the prior review I was the guest who had the condom in the sheets. I must admit Brian, the night manager took care of business asap. However we were inconvenienced and the 2nd room was not clean. The most horrific hotel experience ever. The Sunday morning clerk to say the least was so rude that I can't even descibe in words. My husband asked her to contact the night mgr. as he had agreed to comp our room, she refused and wanted to only comp 50% of the bill. I finally had to insist that she make the call or we would not leave the window until she did. She made the call, however this situation could have been avoided, had she used some common sense.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2004

A used condom in the sheets! Need I say more? Okay, I will. The second/replacement room had hair in the bathtub. Although the mgt. had been very apologetic when we had to change rooms, the receptionist was not willing to comp the room as the mgr. had promised the night before (and there was no manager on duty to ask when we checked out because it was Sunday). There were unsupervised children and teens running around hollering, while security stood by drinking coffee, until midnight. This hotel was a far cry from the pretty photos of a peaceful place to rest; not quiet, not clean, not concerned with customer relations.

Been to Ramada Fresno North? Share your experiences!